Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military question

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
My sim is a sim in black. I had her work from home and her home assignment is to search for StrangerVille evidence. To do this she needs to go to the lab and search for evidence there. But, I completed the story with her mother and there is no evidence to be found there. She cannot click on any of the evidence spots. I tried on the off chance that bugging the military and scientists might help but no.
So now I cannot complete this assignment and looks like I'll have stop her working from home now for fear she'll lose work progress which is a shame because she has a baby/soon to be toddler and that would have helped out a lot.
Am I missing something obvious that will work or is this just something I can't get done?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You'll have to revive The Mother to be able to search for evidence. Reviving her won't start the infection of Sims.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    You'll have to revive The Mother to be able to search for evidence. Reviving her won't start the infection of Sims.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, I didn't want to revive her yet, I'm playing through a story where that will happen later. I resorted to cheat completing it, not ideal but..
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    It's weird, they didn't think it through. Career promotion cheat ?
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It's weird, they didn't think it through. Career promotion cheat ?

No I used the UI cheat extension mod, with that you just click the area of the task in the career tab and it completes it.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    My sim is a sim in black. I had her work from home and her home assignment is to search for StrangerVille evidence. To do this she needs to go to the lab and search for evidence there. But, I completed the story with her mother and there is no evidence to be found there. She cannot click on any of the evidence spots. I tried on the off chance that bugging the military and scientists might help but no.
    So now I cannot complete this assignment and looks like I'll have stop her working from home now for fear she'll lose work progress which is a shame because she has a baby/soon to be toddler and that would have helped out a lot.
    Am I missing something obvious that will work or is this just something I can't get done?

That's odd. Must be something else wrong. First thing I did after completing Strangerville was create two sims and sent each one down the two military paths. Never had a problem... well, did have one problem. The Sim in Black kept getting the daily task "Search the stars with a telescope", problem is, it can't be completed in a single day. Can't win with that one.
    gettps wrote: »

That's odd. Must be something else wrong. First thing I did after completing Strangerville was create two sims and sent each one down the two military paths. Never had a problem... well, did have one problem. The Sim in Black kept getting the daily task "Search the stars with a telescope", problem is, it can't be completed in a single day. Can't win with that one.

I think I found the problem, I can't be sure as I tried on a different sim but, when I sent my sim to the lab, he couldn't collect evidence either until I had him examine the door. Then the option to search came up. I forgot about that detail before with my military sim.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member

I think I found the problem, I can't be sure as I tried on a different sim but, when I sent my sim to the lab, he couldn't collect evidence either until I had him examine the door. Then the option to search came up. I forgot about that detail before with my military sim.

Interesting. Maybe it was a random daily task that I just didn't get? My two military sims were also in Newcrest. (I wanted to see if the military careers were available outside of Strangerville.) If yours were still in Strangerville, that might be why you got that task and I didn't.

Interesting. Maybe it was a random daily task that I just didn't get? My two military sims were also in Newcrest. (I wanted to see if the military careers were available outside of Strangerville.) If yours were still in Strangerville, that might be why you got that task and I didn't.
    I have noticed though, when the sim reaches the sim in black stage, the work from home assignments are never the same one day to the next, my sim does live in StrangerVille though so maybe it is that.
    I have got the search with stars for a daily task as well, the problem with that was my sim was working the night shift so never had a chance to do that one.