Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safe CC sites?

I really want a deep dive of CC items for a custom town I'm trying to make, and so I have a very large selection of items to use when making sims because I'm very picky. :# Right now I have around 72 items (including store), and they are mostly pertained to YA and no other life stages.

I cannot seem to find any websites that I haven't gone through already that are safe or don't lead me to mediafire or sims file share which I don't particularly trust that much.
Mediafire itself isn't the problem, it's the popups saying to disable my adblocker and then the annoying ads that follow. I've got several viruses from using these websites before, either from bad cc or some ad I accidentally clicked on.
I'm convinced I just got bad luck from TS3 god :neutral:
I know TSR exists, but I don't like sims3packs that much. I'd rather put in my package folder for convince sake, and to sort it properly.

Can someone help this clueless simmer in the right CC direction? Thanks!
April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    What's wrong with SimFileShare? It's probably the safest & best ( and least ad ridden ) upload site for sim content available.
    Mediafire is okay if you have an ad blocker combined with NoScript. I just don't allow scripts on its page and can download fine, with none of their rubbish ads, though I would much rather download from SFS or Box.

And you can't get viruses from custom content.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    not VitaSims.
    All About Style is a good one, she's a ridgy-didge honest person, and makes really good clothes, very neat.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    All About Style's site is gone. Judie has carpal tunnel. You can find what people have salvaged HERE in chicvibe's dropbox along with stuff from awesims and Luna.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    If you use waybackmachine
    you can access all about style
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180224025925/http://all-about-style.com/
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    You could try here - http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/sims3cc
    You can find pretty much anything sims related. I've never had any trouble from any download ever..no matter where I got it from.
    It's getting harder and harder to find sims 3 stuff tho, so get it while you can!
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    Pary wrote: »
    All About Style's site is gone. Judie has carpal tunnel. You can find what people have salvaged HERE in chicvibe's dropbox along with stuff from awesims and Luna.

Wow. That's awful, how sad, she was one of the best and such a nice lady. There's surgery for that, I did a power point presentation on ergonomics for Cert 3 business with a small bit of info on it.

The info on Carpal Tunnel is on the 8th slide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9Kn0HnWPk
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • SimmerSis123SimmerSis123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok Here Is One Of My Favorite Cc Webcites:sssvitlans.tumblr.com
    Daily S4CC Updates, S3CC & S2CC Updates Or You Can Find Her On Pinterest At: Lana CC Finds!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited February 2019
    To note, it is a generally good idea to have an adblocker extension on your preferred web browser to avoid malicious ads. I personally use UBlock Origin. Generally speaking, if you are adblocking there is little risk in using Mediafire (you can choose to not disable your adblocker and you will still be able to download your item), simsfileshare, or other typical file hosting websites. I have almost 19 GBs of CC, so I consider myself a bit of a veteran when it comes to downloading CC safely. Other than adblocking, I also avoid adfly and similar sites (the ones you actually have to worry about :lol: ), by using the following method (it doesn't work 100% of the time, but it works most of the time in my experience):

If the link to adfly requires a redirect I will copy the link location and use the site WhereGoes to isolate the actual adfly link. From there, I unshorten the adfly link using unshorten.link. The unshortened link won't be the file hosting site, but will be the redirect to it so it is still bypassing adfly.

And if the link doesn't require a redirect, you do the same thing minus the WhereGoes part. :smile:

Of course, there will always be some risks, so I also make sure I have a good and trusted anti-malware program. I personally use Malwarebytes Premium for the realtime protection since that allows it to block malicious websites as I am browsing.

I have had mediafire and malwarebytes both block sims downloads from mediafire for being viruses, but I assume those are just false positives. Not that I risk it anyway. I just skip out on those items. :tongue:

To note: I've been a CC addict for 10 years and I built my current computer...3 years ago, if my BIOS version's date is accurate, and I have not had a single virus on this machine. In fact, the last time I got a virus from downloading sims stuff was probably when I was a teenager, I didn't adblock, and I really like XMsims. :lol: And man the one I got from that site...yikes. :lol: Never went there again. :tongue:

Also - Did you get the name Ryouma from Love-Stage? :3
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

After reconsidering, we are reopening this thread because the question is still relevant and November is not that far away - time flies, doesn't it?

Sorry for the interruption!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The Sims Resource still has a large amount of Sims content from 2 and 3 as well as 4. Modthesims.info too. I know its getting harder and harder to find stuff but those two places still have it and are both large collections of creators from the community. Many of their creators have (or had) their own sites too, that have since (in some cases) closed, but the content remains on TSR and MTS. Its not everything there is, but its a start for anyone still hunting.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    If your looking for a lot of deco items try
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_electronics_audio_01.shtml
    Very safe. I second ad blocker with no script for media fire. Simfileshare has never given me any problems and it's dire r to the download. If you find something you like but the site doesn't work anymore I would definitely try the wayback machine. There are also a ton of Sims 3 creators still with active simblr on Tumblr. Tumblr will be rabbitholes for most though as there is so much content floating around. I love MTS, not a big fan of TSR but I will download from creators I've found and trust from Tumblr.

You can always bc run downloads through s3pe or dashboard (I think) just to make sure you arent getting more than you want.