Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys play lgbt/ethnic couples?

Comments

• sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Luna Villareal has aggressively sought out a relationship with Sofia Bjergsen in my latest neighborhood, and it looks like there will be a double-gown wedding soon. Does anyone know if there is a way to let premades have babies together in the game? I think they'd have cute kids. (If not, I might have to do some magic in CAS to let one of the Heckings be an "anonymous donor". :) )
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't care about either. Irrelevant attributes.
    But as I play legacy I need male and female to make a baby. I had a lesbian couple who used a donor. And I will never play a dark skinned sim again cause it's impossible to find good makeup for them. I looked high and low... nothing. And I will most likely never play a male gay couple either cause I like my females.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Mine never start out in relationships, but I create a huge variety. If my starter sim is male, they'll most likely end up gay (not always... and it depends on how many starter sims I have - a lot of the time I create siblings) although occasionally I'll do it with female sims.

I make sims of all different races.

After that, whoever they pair up with (if they pair up with anybody) changes depending on who they meet/interact with and what sort of job they do.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    @Simpatsyann, I know, but that breaks my realistic playing style, so my men don't get pregnant unless it's because of aliens, though technically it's not the real pregnancy.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    @Simpatsyann, I know, but that breaks my realistic playing style, so my men don't get pregnant unless it's because of aliens, though technically it's not the real pregnancy.

Oh, I completely understand. :) I occasionally see simmers asking if there's a way to to it, though, so I sometimes mention it as not everyone realizes it's an actual game option.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

The alien pregnancy thing annoys me, because of my realistic way of playing. If I know a Sim is an alien I will erase them from my game. Of course that doesn’t help with abductions, but I do wish we could do away with abductions too somehow
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL

You can set sims of either gender to be able to get pregnant (it's under the gender options). I do it all the time but a lot of people find it too immersion-breaking to see pregnant men waddling about.

Oh my gosh! Thank you for telling me that! I might try it in one of my less serious saves! 😊 How fun!

SqxdF0m.png

or much simpler sims can simply adopt via computer or phone call

I did have one of my gay couples do that, they got darling children 😊❤️
    SqxdF0m.png

@Vincent_Vengeance

They liked each other and got married. Both of them definitely had a hard time with studying biology at school, because they wanted to have a child together... I create their daughter Scarlett in CAS. She looks like Mathias, doesn't have anything in common with Lucien, so I can imagine that it was IVF. Lucien, though, is a way better parent than Mathias, because he's very much a love&peace kind of a guy.

Lmao!! I'm so glad to hear that, because my gay couple always get the whim, "Try for a baby with ..." and I'm like, huh? How do you guys think this will happen? That doesn't come up as an option in the romance category for these two, only woo hoo is an option. :smile:

That's cute that Lucian is a better parent than Mathias, even though she's more like Mathias

You can set sims of either gender to be able to get pregnant (it's under the gender options). I do it all the time but a lot of people find it too immersion-breaking to see pregnant men waddling about.

Does this work for premades? I'd love to have Luna have her own baby after she graduates from University in my game.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    @sleekoduck87 you can change this setting with the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    Thank you!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »

I don't think you even need to do that either; simply editing them through CAS as normal under the advanced gender settings is enough.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited March 2019
    Simsandra wrote: »

I don't think you even need to do that either; simply editing them through CAS as normal under the advanced gender settings is enough.

@sleekoduck87 This is correct; and yes, it will work for premades.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think most people automatically make sims who are the same race, identity and sexuality as themselves. I assume it stems from obviously people enjoying seeing people similar to themselves represented in game.

For example, I'm a white, gay, cis-male myself, and I admit my 'default' type of sim to create would probably be white, gay* and cis-male. If you look through my renovated save (where I originally bulldozed everything and deleted all the townies, replacing everything myself) I would say that this is the most common type of sim in my game. While I was working on the save I did try and keep this in mind and made sure I created households with people who were different races, identities and sexualities, I did have to go back after and change a couple of households though, as I did feel I'd created too many sims who were that 'default' type. I think this resulted in eventually creating a decently balanced community in my save.

Sexuality differs slightly, as obviously that isn't a setting you choose in CAS. Occasionally I'll have one in mind while creating a sim, which may affect how they dress, etc, but my sims' sexuality often will be determined by who they interact with and meet. Often i'll go 'oooh they met X at school, that'd be a cute romantic thing' and just go with that. By a default i always assume misc townies are just bi. This is furthered by me having MCCC installs which doesn't restrict random townie marrages by gender.

I feel rather misinformed about the trans community in real life, and I think this carries over into the game... I do have a couple sims who in my mind are trans, however it seems whenever I have created trans sims I've always created them after their transition. Similarly, I rarely use the gender options within the game, This is likely due to myself not knowing what the transition involves and so not feeling educated enough to play a trans sim who is yet, or is unable to transition.

Out of curiosity, has anyone played a sim who is trans and started before their transition?
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have Sawyer who identifies as they and who I consider a little more feminine but still super love this sim. They just bought a vet clinic and adopted a little Chihuahua, Koday. No partner yet though, I haven't really started playing with this sim.

03-07-19_13243AM_zpslvanlkrn.png

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I think most people automatically make sims who are the same race, identity and sexuality as themselves. I assume it stems from obviously people enjoying seeing people similar to themselves represented in game.

Most people might, but it's certainly not a given! Just about the only thing I have in common with the dude in my avatar is that we both have depression. Excuse me, we're both GLOOMY. :P

eDfYKaU.jpg

Although I guess sometimes he has a husband like I do. I wouldn't woohoo in a hottub in the middle of a thunderstorm like he's about to do, but I'm also not a vampire like he is.

(I did make a sim-me and a simmyhusband, but we do not fit into this thread even a tiny bit, being boring white heterosexual people. I also never actually play SimUs, I just leave us as background NPCs.)
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2019
    I sometimes play with bi-racial couples (my cousin and his wife are a biracial couple with 2 kids), but rarely with LGBT couples. I have tried playing with the premade LGBT couple in Brindleton bay, but as a straight female, honestly I found them a bit confusing to play. There is a lot I don't understand as a straight person about LGBT relationships, and I don't have as much information about them IRL. I do have LGBT friends, but they generally don't share much about their relationships with me. I have occasionally played with bi-sexual couples in past Sims iterations (Sims 3 notably) though honestly that was a bit of an accident that I decided to just go with. (FYI - the first bisexual couple I played in Sims 3 involved a female alchemist witch and a female fairy.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • NekobotNekobot Posts: 2 New Member
    I've got an alien girl and a vampire girl who are very much in love in my current game. I don't have a good track record for keeping couples together, but I'm going to make sure these two make it to the end together.
    @KalopsianDreamer

I’m am in the same boat as you with transgender. I don’t want to do it wrong, but idk how to do it right.

However, I actually don’t have any rl gay friends, so I don’t really know how to do that right either.

With all of the woo hoo being under the covers, I figure it doesn’t really matter anyway. I usually just have one sim take a more “masculine” role, and one a more “feminine” one.

It makes it easier for me to decide actions, because I base it on my husband and I.

In a trans relationship, sadly, I have no idea how any of it works.
    SqxdF0m.png

• hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I must upload some of my pictures haha. I predominantly play with gay men and indeed nearly all my legacy family sims have been gay males. I used to do this by using the genetics option in CAS to maintain the legacy line but I do now use male pregnancy (although only for relationships and stories involving my played sim).
    I completely agree with @kalopsiandreamer in that I tend to play what I know. I am and thus play a gay white male and gain diveristy through their friendships beyond the family. I have, however, really enjoyed playing daughters of the legacy family too from time to time. I, like you kalopsian also don't fully understand the trans community but that doesn't mean I haven't tried to include in my game too. In fact I dont understand most the letters after LGBT :s but that's a whole different discussion. I love the optional game play style with gender. It allows simmmers to play and explore at their own pace and as far as they feel comfortable.
    I love my gay and diverse sims and I imagine I'll continue to play them for some time to come
  • PuppylikeswhalePuppylikeswhale Posts: 22 Member
    As a matter of fact, I've been playing only straight couples cause that is the only one I have personal experience of. Yet today I met one of my close friend and she said there is a reason why God made girls as girls and boys as boys. I am so mad at her right now and I am going to play LGBT couples. She said she is "worrying" and well I don't see it very well.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I do! I usually just let my sims pick whoever they want to love since I don't make anymore sims after the founding generation.
    ZnG1wMG.png
    As a matter of fact, I've been playing only straight couples cause that is the only one I have personal experience of. Yet today I met one of my close friend and she said there is a reason why God made girls as girls and boys as boys. I am so mad at her right now and I am going to play LGBT couples. She said she is "worrying" and well I don't see it very well.

That’s great to hear! And some of the sims just really seem to gravitate toward same sex sims anyway, and it’s a lot easier than trying to force them to like someone they don’t like. 😊

SqxdF0m.png

Cogshell wrote: »
    I do! I usually just let my sims pick whoever they want to love since I don't make anymore sims after the founding generation.

Do you play with aging off? I do, I get way too attached to let the little guys go.

Do you have them meet townies / npc to pick someone to love? Or sims you’ve inserted into the game?
    SqxdF0m.png

Nekobot wrote: »
    I've got an alien girl and a vampire girl who are very much in love in my current game. I don't have a good track record for keeping couples together, but I'm going to make sure these two make it to the end together.

I don’t have the vampire game pack, but I thought it made them immortal. How will they make it to the end together if one of them never dies? Just wondering, not trying to be sarcastic 😊
    SqxdF0m.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top