Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Simalien1 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simalien1 wrote: »
    >
    > Sul sul everyone! My name is Bianca, I'm 29 from The Netherlands, I am obsessed with building in the Sims 4. Played the sims since sims 1 but only started building recently, therefor I decided to start a YouTube channel, it's going pretty well, my first build was in December 2018, and now I'm over 350 subs, growing pretty fast :). Anywho, I am here to share some of my builds for you to download. If you want to see some of my content, you can have a look on my youtube channel *Simalien* or my instagram *Simalien_*
    >
    > I hope to connect with you all here and over there <3
    >
    > xxx Bianca
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simalien1 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing many households over the time and seeing how their lives progressed in your game.
    > It is great that you are enjoying building and it is very speciial that you have your own YouTube channel! That is great! Congratulations on over 350,subs! People would be enjoying watching your videos!
    > Happy simming! :)

Aww thank you @rosemow you're so sweet! I love this community so much. So much positivity, no hate or fighting. I wish I got in touch with fellow simmers sooner :smiley:
    You’re welcome :)
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    Hi everyone!

My name is Katie and I've been playing the Sims long before I was probably allowed to, I'd say around 2007. I'm twenty now so I've definitely hit the mark of being *allowed* to play. I was an avid Sims 2 player but fell off when Sims 3 was released and never got back into it. I've decided to pick the journey back up for Sims 4 and am slowly building my collection - better late than never. I'm a new Mac user so I have to learn the ropes again as far as controls go.

Extremely glad to be a part of the the community once again!
    Dag Dag!
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    > @g1rraf3s said:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > My name is Katie and I've been playing the Sims long before I was probably allowed to, I'd say around 2007. I'm twenty now so I've definitely hit the mark of being *allowed* to play. I was an avid Sims 2 player but fell off when Sims 3 was released and never got back into it. I've decided to pick the journey back up for Sims 4 and am slowly building my collection - better late than never. I'm a new Mac user so I have to learn the ropes again as far as controls go.
    >
    > Extremely glad to be a part of the the community once again!
    > Dag Dag!

Hi Katie! Welcome from another newbie x
    MVIHo4S.jpg
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    @Simalien1 - Thank you! Welcome aboard as well. Super embarrassing that my username is misspelled on my own accord but I requested to change it! See you around! :)
  • RhageRhage Posts: 4 New Member
    > @g1rraf3s said:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > My name is Katie and I've been playing the Sims long before I was probably allowed to, I'd say around 2007. I'm twenty now so I've definitely hit the mark of being *allowed* to play. I was an avid Sims 2 player but fell off when Sims 3 was released and never got back into it. I've decided to pick the journey back up for Sims 4 and am slowly building my collection - better late than never. I'm a new Mac user so I have to learn the ropes again as far as controls go.
    >
    > Dag Dag!

I'm new as well, and same story--played 1&2, didn't play 3, and just started playing TS4 a month or two ago. I'm hooked, and just now getting on the forums. It's great to see such an active and non-toxic community :-)
    g1rraf3s wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My name is Katie and I've been playing the Sims long before I was probably allowed to, I'd say around 2007. I'm twenty now so I've definitely hit the mark of being *allowed* to play. I was an avid Sims 2 player but fell off when Sims 3 was released and never got back into it. I've decided to pick the journey back up for Sims 4 and am slowly building my collection - better late than never. I'm a new Mac user so I have to learn the ropes again as far as controls go.

Extremely glad to be a part of the the community once again!
    Dag Dag!

Hello @g1rraf3s :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were young and enjoyed playing Sims 2. It is great that after a break from simming you are now back simming again,and are playing the Mac version of Sims 4. As you play the game, you will become more used to the Mac controls as time goes on :)
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads :)
    Happy simming! :)
    Rhage wrote: »
    > @g1rraf3s said:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    >
    > Dag Dag!

I'm new as well, and same story--played 1&2, didn't play 3, and just started playing TS4 a month or two ago. I'm hooked, and just now getting on the forums. It's great to see such an active and non-toxic community :-)

Hello @Rhage :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, and after taking a break after playing Sims 2, you are now back simming again. It is great that you are enjoying playing Sims 4 :)
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, find helpful game tips and enjoy posting about your sims from your game.
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    [quote="g1rraf3s;c-16986430"]@Simalien1 - Thank you! Welcome aboard as well. Super embarrassing that my username is misspelled on my own accord but I requested to change it! See you around! :) [/quote]

Didn't even notice the misspelling haha. I like your username
    MVIHo4S.jpg
  • ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I've been a casual sims player for a few years, spent a lot of time on the sims 3. Started trying Sims 4 on a friends computer. I really like the new take on things. I was never that involved with the community and would get bored with saves easily. Until I found challenges. Now I'm really into trying them. Currently working on the Rosebud challenge.
    Hi! I've been a casual sims player for a few years, spent a lot of time on the sims 3. Started trying Sims 4 on a friends computer. I really like the new take on things. I was never that involved with the community and would get bored with saves easily. Until I found challenges. Now I'm really into trying them. Currently working on the Rosebud challenge.

Hello @ElfEnchantress :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, and after trying out Sims 4 on your friend’s computer, it encouraged you to start playing Sims 4 now also. It is very nice that you are enjoying playing the latest version.
    Simming challenges are very enjoyable and fun! They often lead us to play the game in new ways to how we would normally play. I hope that the Rosebud Challenge goes very well in your game!
  • Megsie1234Megsie1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Guys. I made this account because I can not get my game to load. It keeps crashing at the logo and I've tried absolutely everything I can think of to fix it. I'd really like to be able to make a thread about it because it's driving me crazy! It all started after I bought and installed Get Famous.
    Megsie1234 wrote: »
    Hey Guys. I made this account because I can not get my game to load. It keeps crashing at the logo and I've tried absolutely everything I can think of to fix it. I'd really like to be able to make a thread about it because it's driving me crazy! It all started after I bought and installed Get Famous.

Hello @Megsie1234.
    I am sorry that you are having game issues :(

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

The Sims 4 Help section on this forum is now read only. New threads are unable to be started in the help section , and already started threads can’t be posted on. If the issues remain, it would be best to post about your issue on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

• AraihiAraihi Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I'm from New Zealand. Like many, I was introduced to the Sims on PS2 growing up, with my first title being the Sims 2 Pets. From there, I've played other titles on PS2, Xbox 360, and Windows - the most recent being the Sims 4. On another note, my favourite EP is Seasons (always is).

I look forward to visiting the forum community more regularly.
    Araihi wrote: »
    Hello, I'm from New Zealand. Like many, I was introduced to the Sims on PS2 growing up, with my first title being the Sims 2 Pets. From there, I've played other titles on PS2, Xbox 360, and Windows - the most recent being the Sims 4. On another note, my favourite EP is Seasons (always is).

I look forward to visiting the forum community more regularly.

Hello @Araihi :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the PS2 version of Sims 2 Pets, then that has led to play other versions of The Sims also. Each version of The Sims is lots of fun to play!
    Seasons is a great EP! It is very nice having our sims experiencing the differing weather conditions, and doing the seasonal activities.The world landscape in the seasons is lovely!
  • AlinaStarshineAlinaStarshine Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi All! I'm Alina! I'm new to the Sims 4, though I have played the Sims and Sim City back into the early 90s hehe

I got here through a youtuber doing the 100 baby challenge and well... now I'm tying it myself. Up to I think 16 kids (9 moved out, one passed on after hitting adult, and 6 young ones in the house between teen and new born)

Have not done much other than play around with them and then started the challenge. I did pick up the new stranger things pack, so that sounds fun to try out when i need a break from the challenge.

Also have not looked into any types of mods or custom outfits yet. I will probably at some point if any one has any suggestions of places to get cute things.
    Hi All! I'm Alina! I'm new to the Sims 4, though I have played the Sims and Sim City back into the early 90s hehe

I got here through a youtuber doing the 100 baby challenge and well... now I'm tying it myself. Up to I think 16 kids (9 moved out, one passed on after hitting adult, and 6 young ones in the house between teen and new born)

Have not done much other than play around with them and then started the challenge. I did pick up the new stranger things pack, so that sounds fun to try out when i need a break from the challenge.

Also have not looked into any types of mods or custom outfits yet. I will probably at some point if any one has any suggestions of places to get cute things.

Hello @AlinaStarshine :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you used to play the original Sims 1 and Simscity and are now back simming again and playing Sims 4.
    It is great that watching a simmer YouTuber has encouraged you to get the game and do the same challenge! I hope that the challenge continues to go well in your game :)
    For cc/mods it would be best to look at the threads in the mods and custom content section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • Princesspumpkin96Princesspumpkin96 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I'm Bri i was born on March 14 I'm turning 23 this year and play sims 3 but hope learn how to play the sims 4 but it's very confusing. My favorite expansion is supernatural, the seasons, generation and the pets. I'm sim player who born with spina bifida and has vitiligo condition. I love making my sim like me to show people even though someone has skin condition they shouldn't be pick on they're beautiful.

I play sims since was younger on game system at first started play it on the computer. As a teenager, also play sims sims medieval! It gives you task of each different ranks. And you're ruling your own kingdom. :)
    Hello! I'm Bri i was born on March 14 I'm turning 23 this year and play sims 3 but hope learn how to play the sims 4 but it's very confusing. My favorite expansion is supernatural, the seasons, generation and the pets. I'm sim player who born with spina bifida and has vitiligo condition. I love making my sim like me to show people even though someone has skin condition they shouldn't be pick on they're beautiful.

I play sims since was younger on game system at first started play it on the computer. As a teenager, also play sims sims medieval! It gives you task of each different ranks. And you're ruling your own kingdom. :)

Hello @Princesspumpkin96 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the cosole version, enjoyed playing Sims Medieval when a teen, and are now enjoy playing Sims 3, The expansion packs that you like are great packs! They add many fun and enjioyable features and activities to the game.
    It is nice that you enjoy playing as your simself <3 Beaufy is what is in someone’s heart. I send hugs to you as you live day by day with your health issues <3
  • NekobotNekobot Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi there! have been playing for...uh, a long time? I dunno, I had The Urbz for the GameCube when I was real little, probably Sims 2 at some point, Sims 3, and recently have found value in Sims 4 (I bought it shortly after it came out and wasn't impressed) with a few expansions and some mods. I think it's improved a lot since launch.

Nice to meet you all!

Edited to remove reference to real age~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    edited March 2019
    Nekobot wrote: »
    Hi there! I have been playing for...uh, a long time? I dunno, I had The Urbz for the GameCube when I was real little, probably Sims 2 at some point, Sims 3, and recently have found value in Sims 4 (I bought it shortly after it came out and wasn't impressed) with a few expansions and some mods. I think it's improved a lot since launch.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello @Nekobot :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the GameCube version, then that led you on to playing Sims 2 and 3, and now you are playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and posting about what is happening in your game.
  • theusertheuser Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I've played the first Sims many years ago, and couldn't get in to it. I've recently started playing Sims 4, about two months ago and I'm hooked. The build mode, to me, and for being just a game, is better than some architecture programs I've used. I try to balance game play with building and character play.
    theuser wrote: »
    Hi, I've played the first Sims many years ago, and couldn't get in to it. I've recently started playing Sims 4, about two months ago and I'm hooked. The build mode, to me, and for being just a game, is better than some architecture programs I've used. I try to balance game play with building and character play.

Hello @theuser :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have started playing the Sims 4 recently and are enjoying playing the game. It is very enjoyable spending time in build mode and bringing our build design and interior decor ideas into simsgame form! It is a very special way of expressing our creativity through the game!
    It is nice that you enjoy both building as well as playing your sims households and seeing how their lives develop in your game.
  • Eme783Eme783 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello everyone! I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I hope to start to become more active on the forums again. I started playing Sims when the first one came out, I was just five years old. I've played just about every single game and expansion pack since then. I am going to school right now for Software Design and Development and I hope to one day be a part of The Sims dev team. I have a daughter of my own now, so between her and school I don't have as much time to play as I would like. I am excited for her to get to the age to start simming as well!
    Eme783 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I hope to start to become more active on the forums again. I started playing Sims when the first one came out, I was just five years old. I've played just about every single game and expansion pack since then. I am going to school right now for Software Design and Development and I hope to one day be a part of The Sims dev team. I have a daughter of my own now, so between her and school I don't have as much time to play as I would like. I am excited for her to get to the age to start simming as well!

Hello @Eme783 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child when you played the original Sims 1, and have played each game version and expansion pack ever since! . Each version has their own special features, and all are very enjoyable and fun to play! I hope that your studies continue to go well :)
    I send a little “ hello” to your lovely daughter also :) It will be exciting and special for yourself and her to play The Sims together <3
  • EssentionEssention Posts: 22 New Member
    Hi there! I'm Essent. I've been a simmer for years now. My first Sims game that I ever owned was the Sims 2 Double Deluxe. Due to me being very VERY young, I had a short time with it. To make up for it, I was given the MySims series. I grew up with said series and enjoyed every aspect of it; my favorites being the first one and Kingdom. To this day I still think Buddy is a precious individual that must be protected at all costs. Now that I have grown more, I now have access to the regular series, starting with the Sims 3. I have no idea where my copy of Double Deluxe went. Out of all of the expansions for the Sims 3... Supernatural, Seasons, and Into the Future are my favorites. I, as of recently, have been playing the Sims 4 as I have been able to buy it. I currently have Seasons, Strangerville, Spooky Stuff, and Vintage Glamour in my library.

Even though I am close to my second decade of life, I still go back to MySims to enjoy the nostalgia and characters.

I am an artist, a content creator, and a creative person in general. I hope to continue with making content and be part of the community more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top