Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville: One investigator or a full team?

How are you all going about solving the Strangerville mystery? Are you playing with a single sim? A team? Or do you play rotationally?

The poll is for investigator sims only, if you also throw civillians into the midst, just add it in a comment!

If none of the answers applies, pick the one that comes closest to your situation!

Strangerville: One investigator or a full team? 114 votes

Single sim
57%
icmnfrshDerellaKita5399Hejixalexspoom13kippy300aprilroseoverondzidziak86SimpatsyannAlrynnmcruddsimm621SusanaLeotehappysimmer2007simgirl1010DJQ1308MissSassyCeres_Meirionaluthienrising 65 votes
Household, but only one main investigator
20%
IceyJrjhenn14VibseelanorbretonMagdaleenacchant86SjofnPegasysashcrash19taydevDaemonPawsLameBabeayyitsmellloutredorMagicalZiaSimTrippysuperkyle221AirakaleRae357divanthesimmer 23 votes
Household, working as a team
14%
honeypooh1267Isb917GoldenBuffyBeardedgeekMoon_WillowSxcDannii202FaoiltearnasimmietimeRavager619LissyK9annaliese39Evie0602DrakosAriaMad2GordyAndyDaniel 16 votes
Several households, acting independantly
0%
Several households, acting together
6%
DESERTFLOWER1981fullspiralcatitude5EnkiSchmidtAenmondSimAlexandriaLaisyndre 7 votes
Several households, acting against each other
0%
I'm not solving anything, I lead a cult dedicated to MOTHER
2%
LaBlue0314TS1299paradiseplanet 3 votes

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Rotational player here and it works surprisingly well except for the aspiration. I was afraid the pack wouldn't support rotational play at all.

Admittedly there is some infighting both within the households and household Vs. household, but they always manage to patch up their differences.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Single sim
    I made a single sim who joined the military career and later chose the covert ops branch. During the course of her investigation, she befriended a co-worker, scientist, and Erwin Pries and together they solved the mystery. I already have ideas for when the mystery will start again.

I really enjoyed playing through the mystery and the way everything turned out. Now she's married to Erwin Pries (she kept rolling up whims about him and I try to follow those). I got a good laugh when she came home one day and he came out and accused her of spying(which, you know, she does because she basically keeps tabs on information and does cover ups) :D
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I used two sims in the same household. I had to do a number of things twice though to complete the aspiration. I was able to share items, but some steps I had to do on both sims.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Lol I have 3 options going... I've got one family about to involve another family for help (one family member is possessed and will not help or hinder). I've got an evil sim
    that will rise up and revive the mother for power ect.. this story may loop later...
    and I've got another family that will have a possessed cult (not started on that one yet but the ideas are firmly in place).

Edited by EA_Mai - spoiler hidden
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Single sim
    Well yeah, I'm working with a Single Sim as an investigator. He is almost through the mystery (knows what is going on and what he has left to do). Everything has ramped up so much and is more exciting now, so he has decided to change course. He is now going to ĴØƗŇ ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ƗŇ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř because he so needs (redacted) at this point but also wants (redacted), and I also want to see the (redacted), which of course, you can only get from ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř. So yeah, why not? It may take some time, but that's okay... I'm having fun here!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    I used two sims in the same household. I had to do a number of things twice though to complete the aspiration. I was able to share items, but some steps I had to do on both sims.

I'll probably do this or just have one main investigator in a household.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Single sim
    I figured that playing more than one sim would distract from the story and be incompatible with the aspiration.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    The other sims are helping occasionally but a single sim is doing it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    Single sim
    Single sim here. I am taking her through the story at a snail's pace, but she's also had enough time to build relationships for when she needs them. Including a hot military boyfriend.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Single sim
    Single Sim here as well - although she made friends in StrangerVille to solve the mystery with her :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2019
    While my military sim was just working his job, it's his wife that quickly noticed something's up. She did play her cards well though, shmoozing up to his colleagues to find out what's going on, while he didn't really wanna mess up his career by getting too involved. Although he did help at the very end. He had to, because after their son was born, he wanted to help save the town so Martin could have a normal childhood.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I guess several households acting together since it will be 3 teens from 3 separate households.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Single sim
    I played it the first time with the mom from my main family in Brindleton Bay. Moved her to Srangerville. I'm starting a second play through today with a single sim I created in CAS. I haven't moved my original sim back to BB so it'll be interesting to see if she's one of the infected this time.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Single sim
    I'm playing the story with a single Sim because I realized I had a Teen Sim who would be *perfect* for this. Aged him up and moved him.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I'm actually still choosing and creating my households because I'm going rotational and I ended up with too many ideas, haha. I don't want to get rid of the premade townies so I'm trying to figure out where to put each household. I think I'm going to search the gallery for a small trailer park or low income housing multi-family build so I can merge a few "households" to one lot. That will actually make it easier for my Sims to connect, too.

I have a variety of households and plans for them, almost everything on your list, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have to spread out my ideas between many saves. This pack will influence my play for a very long time. I'm sure I'll take breaks of course but.. I played with ghost characters for a year so it's not going to drop away soon.
    I love how much inspiration for stories I'm getting it's crazy.. and not good for my beauty sleep.
    egTcBMc.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Single sim
    So far, I've only used a single sim to solve the mystery to ensure that live goes back to "normal." However, I have about 11 more save files to go (I want to do the story, but I really got this pack because of build/buy mode items and CAS stuff.
    I'm considering having a household of 4 Sims solve the mystery.
    4kkjdXo.png

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm playing as Nancy Drew! Along with Ned, Bess, and George. Self promotion lol But I'm doing the series over on my channel if anyone is interested.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    A husband and wife took down mother. I had them take turns with different tasks to do it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Single sim
    First time round it was a single sim, my FemShep saving the day as per usual. Next time round it will be a group of sims working together :)
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    I created my household to work together. Friends since forever, these two are trying to figure out what's going on. She has joined the military, he (who is totally paranoid) has opted out and brings money into the household while painting, leaving plenty of time for both of them to try to solve the mystery.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not solving anything, I lead a cult dedicated to MOTHER
    In actuality, I used one sim to solve this mystery. I couldn't resist when I saw cult dedicated to mother. lol
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Single sim
    I solved the mystery with one sim. It'd be too difficult having to manage more sims and try to solve the mystery at the same time. I just wanted to focus on the mystery and making some friends along the way.
    Proud simmer
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I have 2 sims in a house, one was to do the whole Strangerville investigation and the other sim was to test out the military career.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Single sim, but she gathered her household/friends when she needed help. The investigation started when her roommate became infected, but she was the main investigator. Her friends and most powerful mad scientist (in my game) got involved when it was time to confront MOTHER.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥