Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life Challenge

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
This challenge is just like real life. You don't really choose much, so you just need to live with it.

-Goal Of The Challenge

To successfully live a good life in the Sims, you have to complete at least one aspiration and die of old age. The same does not apply for vampires (below)

-CAS Rules

.This first part is a bit like the random genetics challenge, but instead, you use the randomize button at the bottom that will randomize EVERYTHING. You need to hit that button three times. Do this with both a boy and a girl.

.These will be your parents. Go ahead and delete any of them you need to for your backstory, but after creating all their children.

.Your parents and siblings can be any age you want (parents have to be at least young adult), but you have to be a toddler.

.If your character is adopted, you can change how they look to whatever you want. The only clothes you can choose are your own.

.All names must be randomized three times, including your own. Eventually, when your main sim has kids you can name them whatever you want, but you didn't choose your name, your sibling's names, or your parents names. Realism!

.You must somehow randomly choose the traits for all members of your household, excluding yourself and any sim who you need to delete for the backstory you want. They won't have traits (duh).

.All occults are allowed. Make sure you try and randomize their parents species!

-Build/Buy Mode Rules

.No cheats except for the brackets cheats and the alt cheats. Yes, this includes bb.moveobjects. Sorry to all you builders out there.

.You can buy and sell anything you want as long as it's possible without cheats. This includes buying furniture from careers that you haven't unlocked, buying things you can't afford, etc.

-Live Mode Rules

.Again, no cheats. This doesn't include cas.fulleditmode on because in real life people can and do get plastic surgery.

.You can only control your main sim, except to move the household, get people jobs, pay the bills, plan events (birthday party only!), clean the house, and repair objects. The last four can only be done when you are a child or younger.

.When someone who is NOT your main sim has a crisis at work, you must close your eyes and choose randomly. Just beware though, this once got my main sims Dad fired!

.When your sim ages up, they can have any aspiration or traits you want. This includes all the new ones from Strangerville! I looked up all the traits and, their meanings from every pack, and none conflict with how it works. This is a pretty open challenge for you to do stuff. If you are playing Vampire Version 1 you have to choose a vampire aspiration.

.When a different sim ages up, and they have the option to choose another trait and/or aspiration, it also has to be randomized.

-Misc Rules

.If you don't want your sim to be the youngest, an only child, or a twin, you are allowed to have your main sims parents try for a baby. But immediately afterward you must switch back your control. You can't have the mother take pregnancy tests. If she is pregnant, it will tell you in 24 hours.

.If your parents or spouse has one of the careers that allow them to work from home, you must always choose for them to go to work.

-Vampire Edition

Version 1
You have to max the vampire lore skill and drink the vampire cure as an adult. The challenge then continues as normal.

Version 2
In this version you have to complete all three vampire aspirations. I recommend doing Master Vampire first, then Good Vampire, then Vampire Family.

*If you don't want your sim to be the youngest or only child, you're allowed to control the parents to have the mother get pregnant and to take care of the baby and toddler when he/she ages up*

#If you need to you can cheat your money to buy a house. Just make sure to deduct your funds to 1000 afterward! If you're lower than 1000 than just do nothing.#
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    just a note male sims (teens+) can be abducted by aliens but male sims who are YA+ can have alien babies
    6adMCGP.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @MadameLee thanks for the note. I'll be using every piece of info I get for aliens, just you wait!
    funny-gifs20.gif

But you can after the alien baby is born send them back to the "homeworld" or keep the baby. Apparently adult women aliens not only can they get themselves pregnant- they also can get
    (normal) males pregnant
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee thanks so much. I don't have all the information yet, but I 'm about to read the Alien wiki so I should be there really soon.
    funny-gifs20.gif

the only other thing you need to know about aliens is that "full" aliens can have disguses which look like "normal" sims but there's a chance that children of them get the alien skin colour (don't know what the chance is) and don't have the disguise option
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee thank you so much for your information! I will do everything I can to get the alien version up as soon as I possibly can.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @nerdfashion
    Some links you might find useful when assigning random traits/aspirations.
    PlatinumSimmers Randomizer
    Generates random name, aspiration and traits.
    https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser/

The Sims 4 Random Trait and Aspiration Generator
    http://createarandomsim.com/

Random number generator - for decision making
    https://www.random.org/dice/

There are a series of generators at The Sims Legacy Challenge
    https://www.simslegacychallenge.com
    Toddler Random Trait Generator
    https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/toddler-random-trait-generator/

Using parental traits to generate heirs.
    Sims 4 Legacy Challenge – Random Trait Generator
    https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-random-trait-generator/
    Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Random Trait Generator (All traits at once)
    https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-random-trait-generator-traits/
    First let me say I like your challenge idea :)
    Questions on how to start/play: (Asking for clarity)
    How many Sims are needed to start the challenge?
    Are all Sims in the household controllable?

Under CAS Rules it says:
    This first part is a bit like the random genetics challenge, but instead, you use the randomize button at the bottom that will randomize EVERYTHING. You need to hit that button three times. Do this with both a boy and a girl.
    These will be your parents. Go ahead and delete any of them you need to for your backstory, but after creating all their children.
    Your parents and siblings can be any age you want (parents have to be at least young adult), but you have to be a toddler.
    Does this mean a pair of Sims are randomly created to generate a random toddler?
    Is the toddler the one needed to complete the challenge?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2019
    Love this idea. Will try when I am done 100 baby challenge
    To answer your questions @EuphorialQueen,
    First let me say I like your challenge idea :)
    Questions on how to start/play: (Asking for clarity)
    How many Sims are needed to start the challenge?
    Are all Sims in the household controllable?

Under CAS Rules it says:
    This first part is a bit like the random genetics challenge, but instead, you use the randomize button at the bottom that will randomize EVERYTHING. You need to hit that button three times. Do this with both a boy and a girl.
    These will be your parents. Go ahead and delete any of them you need to for your backstory, but after creating all their children.
    Your parents and siblings can be any age you want (parents have to be at least young adult), but you have to be a toddler.
    Does this mean a pair of Sims are randomly created to generate a random toddler?
    Is the toddler the one needed to complete the challenge?

No, you cannot control all of the sims in the household. And I have to admit, one of my sims came out as lazy AND a slob, and he was the biggest mess I've ever seen in my entire life. And yes, two random sims are created for a random sim unless your sim is adopted, then you can make them look however you want. And the toddler you want to be your main sim is the only one necessary to complete the challenge. And you don't need any specific number, just at least one toddler and at least one person who can take care of a toddler. Sorry for the confusion!
    funny-gifs20.gif

@SimAlexandria you must be really brave... I can't stand challenges that'll take longer than twenty YouTube videos.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Haha the lengths doesn't bother me, just so long as it's a challenge I would really enjoy doing. Right now I am just in between the first and second generation hahaha! But your challenge seems like it would be a lot quicker so I might end up doing it before I finish anyways haha
    edited March 2019
    Okay I have been playing this Challenge and I really like it but I did change two things just to make it work for me which I guess is kind of against the rules haha! The first thing was that you said we can switch to the parents in order for them to have a baby if we wanted to younger sibling, which I did but the parents didn't even know each other. I had wanted to start out the game with a backstory of parents who are happily married. So while I'm not using cheats for anything else I did use one just to get them married so that I could do that without playing them for ages until they were willing to woohoo. PS my mom's random traits ended up as being very unflirty but having a romantic aspiration LOL! I didn't cheat anything related to the toddler I am raising. And now that there's a baby on the way I am not controlling the parents at all.

The second thing I did was that when situations arise with the older kids at school or in the job place, I found that it was impossible for me to close my eyes and pick one because I was clicking anywhere on the screen except on the buttons I need to. So I just made a rule that I will always choose the first option regardless of what it is.

Are there any rules against hiring a maid a gardener Etc? I mean my toddler can't do that yet and our house is a mess... When she ages up to a kid is she allowed to? apparently our parents don't clean hahaha! Or at least not very much.

What about lifespan rules? So far I'm playing on long life span cuz that's how I play all my games except challenges that have a rule against it. I didn't see anything in your rules about it though... But I can always switch.

Also... , I figured out that toddlers can't repair broken appliances and plumbing haha!ours breaking down so until she's old enough we have to keep replacing them. Hoping we are going to run out of money
    My family:
    Parents Bryson and Kenya.
    Teen Clive
    Child twins Genevieve and Franklin
    Toddler (me). Magdelena
    New baby on the way.
    My family:
    Teen Clive
    Toddler (me). Magdelena
    New baby on the way.
    Sound like a great family and twins :o plus a newborn incoming!?!
    When someone who is NOT your main sim has a crisis at work, you must close your eyes and choose randomly. Just beware though, this once got my main sims Dad fired!
    The second thing I did was that when situations arise with the older kids at school or in the job place, I found that it was impossible for me to close my eyes and pick one because I was clicking anywhere on the screen except on the buttons I need to. So I just made a rule that I will always choose the first option regardless of what it is.
    Blindly clicking with closed eyes is indeed difficult ... sometimes impossible. I like the solution offered by @SimAlexandria of deciding to choose a certain { 1st or 2nd } option each time.
    @SimAlexandria Nope. If you can afford it go ahead.

@EuphorialQueen I'm waiting until I get Strangerville for some extra excitement (;
    funny-gifs20.gif

My family:
    Teen Clive
    Toddler (me). Magdelena
    New baby on the way.
    Sound like a great family and twins :o plus a newborn incoming!?!

I always play large families. :). Baby was born and its a girl. Her name ended up being Dallas. I am a little concerned about the parents ability to care for her without me interfering in any way. Hopefully cps won't come haha. I usually micromanage everyone so playing with just one sim is very very different for me haha. I do wish they would take care of themselves haha 😂
  • ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    I really like this. I am definitely going to give it a try
    Still playing as a toddler... We lost our infant :-( apparently the parents will not feed her without me controlling them. They picked her up lots of times but refused to give her food so I think it's impossible to keep an infant sister or brother. Unless different traits for parents would allow it and I just didn't randomly get those ones.
    @SimAlexandria I'll change the rules real quick... I don't have my sims get kids a lot, so I wasn't aware that they won't automatically feed the baby.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@SimAlexandria I'll change the rules real quick... I don't have my sims get kids a lot, so I wasn't aware that they won't automatically feed the baby.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think nannies do it themselves if a nanny is hired. My parents never have though. They don't seem to change it either. Not sure if babies can get taken away from neglect with a dirty diaper too or not.
    PS I don't think I'll try again to have another baby in this round... but I like this Challenge and I will probably play it more than one :-)
    Ps our house is a disaster! I decided for fun not to hire a maid just to see how bad it gets. Every single item needs to be cleaned and the kids have made a mess all over the entire house so there's paint everywhere. My Sims themselves have dirt all over their clothes cuz they don't seem to want to shower haha!. Once my toddler ages up to child I'll have her clean it up as much as she can LOL!