Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about seasons: Permanent Winter?

Well, like the title says. Is there a way or an option to make it always be Winter?
I'm wanting my Sim to be living in a permanent winter :D

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You can use the weather machine to create snowy weather, but it only lasts for a while before you have to do it again, and the snow won't stick in warmer seasons. Alternatively, a sufficiently upgraded weather machine allows you to skip entire seasons, so by the end of winter, you can just skip the other seasons to have winter again. It's not perfect and requires some work, but so far this is the only way I can think of to do this without mods.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yeah what Glowfish said. You can only skip seasons with the machine, but be careful because I heard its rather easy to die when using it.
    Its a shame I did the same thing in Sims 3, loved that nuclear winter wonderland
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Alternatively, there are a couple cheat codes you can use in the cheat box you open in game.

SET SEASON

seasons.set_season X

Change X to 0 for summer, 1 for fall, 2 for winter, or 3 for spring.

ADVANCE SEASON

seasons.advance_season

Changes summer to fall, fall to winter, winter to spring, or spring to summer.

You might have to key in testingcheats true and then hit enter before keying in the code. I don't remember, I've only used the first cheat once myself. :)
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Awh! That's a shame, I was kinda hoping that there would be a setting like in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    I'm still hoping that we might get an eternal winter world at some point in the future.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    If you want that, use either cheats or upgraded weather machine to change the season to fall when the winter is about to end.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    Why isn't there ice fishing with seasons? And for the Prank Day a sim should be able to pour cold water on showering sims.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2019
    LindaD2015 wrote: »
    Why isn't there ice fishing with seasons? And for the Prank Day a sim should be able to pour cold water on showering sims.

LOL! I was just thinking that earlier today. My sim was in Newcrest, I was just panning the camera around and noticed the fishing pond and was thinking, we should have Ice fishing...

In Sims 3, if you flush the toilet while someone was showering, they'd jump out of the shower 'cause of the cold water. I keep thinking that in Sims 4 every time someone flushes.
  • Options
    Huh? Why does flushing the toilet cause the shower to get cold? :o (Is that an American thing? Because I saw something similar in Life Is Strange and didn't get it there either...)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Huh? Why does flushing the toilet cause the shower to get cold? :o (Is that an American thing? Because I saw something similar in Life Is Strange and didn't get it there either...)

Actually it's the other way around. Toilet only draws cold water. Flush the toilet and it draws the cold water away from the shower making it very hot for a bit.

Sims 3 did that. If a sim was showering and you had another sim use the toilet, the Sim in the shower would yell, jump out and curse. It doesn't do that in Sims 4 though I keep expecting it to.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    gettps wrote: »

Actually it's the other way around. Toilet only draws cold water. Flush the toilet and it draws the cold water away from the shower making it very hot for a bit.

Sims 3 did that. If a sim was showering and you had another sim use the toilet, the Sim in the shower would yell, jump out and curse. It doesn't do that in Sims 4 though I keep expecting it to.

I still don't get why? Is the water pressure really that bad in American houses?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Must be. Might also have been fixed by now. Used to be a well-known thing. Hasn't occurred to me in quite a long time. Likely won't be a problem in larger places like school/hotel/office/apartment buildings with much larger systems. Small houses might still be an issue though.

Most house pipes are less than an inch thick. Likely .75". Never saw one myself that had separate lines going to the toilet and shower. They usually have a single line feeding both. Use more cold in toilet and that's less for the shower. If they use separate lines going to each, that solves that problem, but it's more expensive.