Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to locate the offending object in CAW save fail?

Ok, so I am editing a pre-made world and I have the object id number from the error message. Whatever this item is, its preventing me from saving the world. Is there a simple way to locate it using the object id number? I have manually searched through every item in the global layer, every lot and am currently searching through objects in every lot (using the property browser)...its taking forever. One would think you could just type the object id into a search box....all I have learned that it is probably not a tree as they do not have a similar number sequence to this mystery object. For what its worth, this is the number 13647877519560467376.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    It's probably on a lot or placed on the world layer. You can see the items listed on a lot.
    Expand each lot and then click on the game object listed to see the ObjectID number. Scroll down them one at a time. :(
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    It's probably on a lot or placed on the world layer. You can see the items listed on a lot.
    Expand each lot and then click on the game object listed to see the ObjectID number. Scroll down them one at a time. :(

Yes, thanks, thats what ive been doing and its taking forever. The world is already built and most of the lots are just empty shells, with very limited number of items like every other lot, so there must be something odd about the placement or something. At first I thought it was a few lots that were red but moving them or deleting them did not solve the problem. I guess Ill just have to keep searching. I can't believe they didn't include a search feature in the program. Crazy.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2019
    When it lists the item causing the problem, doesn't it say where? Such as a lot or layer? It's been so long since I've seen CAW fail to save.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    I read a while ago on tumblr that glass floor pannels from ITF can cause endless loading after leaving lot in CAW. I had also similiar problem with rabbithole rugs - if you use RH rugs or doors make sure it's updated for pets ep. It's not exactly the same problem but maybe there is the reason.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    When it lists the item causing the problem, doesn't it say where? Such as a lot or layer? It's been so long since I've seen CAW fail to save.
    It simply gives me the number id, which i shared at the end of my original post. similar numbers are lots and items such as windows but not plants.

chojrak wrote: »
    I read a while ago on tumblr that glass floor pannels from ITF can cause endless loading after leaving lot in CAW. I had also similiar problem with rabbithole rugs - if you use RH rugs or doors make sure it's updated for pets ep. It's not exactly the same problem but maybe there is the reason.

Yes, I also read about those issues. This world was made before most of the EPs were released and the creator is listed as having just the base game, world adventures and riverview. I think that could be the problem? It is very basic, doesn't even contain any spawners.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    Last year I was checking out a few old worlds and many of them was crashing the game. They weren't heavy or including CC. I guess game just doesn't tolerate worlds made on very early versions. That's why now I avoid worlds made in circa 2009. :lol:
    chojrak wrote: »
    Last year I was checking out a few old worlds and many of them was crashing the game. They weren't heavy or including CC. I guess game just doesn't tolerate worlds made on very early versions. That's why now I avoid worlds made in circa 2009. :lol:

Yeah, thats probably it. I can play in it but CAW doesnt like it and it needs roads so i guess ill just have to move on.