Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville = Waste of money.

Comments

• Options
    PansekshuEllePansekshuElle Posts: 7 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    >
    >
    > But part of the enjoyment for me was to incorporate the game into my regular style of playing.
    > (Spoiler)
    >

I honestly wish the thing you did was mandatory. I wish there was at least one new skill--something like spying, paranormal investigation, or literally anything. I wish there were ANY skill requirements, and that the whole thing wasn't so extremely basic. I wish they had followed their own example that they set in Jungle Adventure, which, love it or hate it, had complexity and took time and effort to complete. JA used base game skills AND two new skills to complete the aspirationS. Plural. It wasn't mandatory to have high logic, fitness, etc., but you were rewarded for it. It created many obstacles and a big collection of stuff, including objects with high monetary value (the gold stuff) and objects that added new gameplay (relics).

Plus JA had a ton of build mode objects that aren't extremely niche. The JA kitchen in particular is my favorite in the game, even though it's not, in theory, my style at all. JA had kitchen, dining room, bathroom, living room, bedroom, landscaping, decor, PLUS the gameplay of Selvadorada, two skills, two aspirations, a new map, and a collection. Am I forgetting anything? Because wow it had a lot for the same price.

In theory, I should love Strangerville, but there's so little in it that I can't. Get Famous and Strangerville are setting a precedent of counting set items that we would normally pull out of debug as pack items, so all of the set dressing of the Strangerville storyline is being presented as the objects we're getting for build mode, whereas the Jungle Adventure pack gave so. many. items. that are useful beyond the setting of Selvadorada. Counting the movie sets as pack items kind of made sense in Get Famous, because it introduced the acting skill and career. But in Strangerville, a bunch of cosmetic items that were used to create the secret lab that you visit like 3 times are being counted towards our pack content total instead of giving us new household items.

Compare Strangerville to Vampires for a sec. Like, wow. Those build items were so beautifully done. You can build an entire house from the Vampires items, inside and out, from creepy nursery, to creepy landscaping, to creepy dungeon. AND you get a whole new, complex system of gameplay, a map, and three aspirations that don't have "you get junk mail" as a reward. Like... Seriously? The reward for the one Strangerville aspiration is a fame quirk from Get Famous?

The short, paint-by-numbers gameplay is just part of the overall picture of this pack. The lack of useful items, the empty/recycled houses, the lack of new skills and collections... They just missed every opportunity to add complexity and substance to Strangerville, and it's frustrating because they've already made packs with the level of complexity and substance that would have made Strangerville amazing. I really wanted this pack, but I also wanted it to be good.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2019
    I honestly wish the thing you did was mandatory.

But making it mandatory would mean one less option and more directed play. This way you have the choice of deciding which route to take to solve the mystery.

ETA: Vampires is my least favorite pack. I'm not a builder so I can't really appreciate the build items and the build/buy and CAS style don't suit my game-play. So different strokes for different folks. :)
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    PansekshuEllePansekshuElle Posts: 7 New Member
    I wrote out a whole bunch of stuff contextualizing that first sentence. You kinda missed the point of me saying your idea was good. I get your point about giving options, but it doesn't matter how many ways there are to complete content when there's so little content to begin with.

Also, I don't understand how are people confused about why this storyline took so little time to complete when there were like 200 options for how to complete a handful of simple tasks.

Also also, part of that context I just mentioned was frustration over the extreme degree of hand-holding. It already is highly directed play. The "finale" element might as well call you in the beginning like Vlad does in Vampires and give you a to-do list.
  • Options
    I wrote out a whole bunch of stuff contextualizing that first sentence. You kinda missed the point of me saying your idea was good. I get your point about giving options, but it doesn't matter how many ways there are to complete content when there's so little content to begin with.

Also, I don't understand how are people confused about why this storyline took so little time to complete when there were like 200 options for how to complete a handful of simple tasks.

Also also, part of that context I just mentioned was frustration over the extreme degree of hand-holding. It already is highly directed play. The "finale" element might as well call you in the beginning like Vlad does in Vampires and give you a to-do list.

Sorry if I missed your point. I don't think anyone is confused about why some finish it in minimal time. Some just prefer to focus on other things while completing the mystery and weaving it into their story line.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2019
    I honestly wish the thing you did was mandatory.

But making it mandatory would mean one less option and more directed play. This way you have the choice of deciding which route to take to solve the mystery.

ETA: Vampires is my least favorite pack. I'm not a builder so I can't really appreciate the build items and the build/buy and CAS style don't suit my game-play. So different strokes for different folks. :)

You are but one person in an ocean of many. I have *never* heard of anyone asking for a pack like this, in fact I specifically remember players being hardcore set against *any* type of linear, RPG, storyline type content.

Like, literally nobody asked for this and if they did it was maybe like one or two people repetitively marking the same comments. I do not check this site as much as I used to but I’ve been here 7 years and was over in the SIM2BBS forums and I know what people are asking for and I don’t even work for EA.

Uni, cars, witches, werewolves, beaches, gee even fairgrounds were asked for more than this. They had SO many options to actually put out a pack that the majority wanted.

People are totally free to like what they want but it doesn’t make it a quality item. It just means a few people like something. The item can still be below expectations to others. And this clearly is. I’ve seen others that buy every single pack with a thought turn this down due to ‘story mode’

The Sims games need to be open ended, sandbox games ONLY. WE tell the stories, not the game. That’s the whole point of a game like The Sims.

—T

ETA; Vanipres wipes the floor with this on content and gameplay alone whether it’s your favourite or not. Facts are facts whether you like them or not. I look at this game from a neutral point of view. I like many things about it, but I’ll still say what is not working. And this pack just doesn’t work. I hope they never do something like this again.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2019
    Skosalg wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay as wondering if you liked and spent time playing this game in particular. I do and Strangerville is my favorite pack. Simmers are different and like different things.
    I've played many many hours since release playing this pack in particular and about to go back in after a nap. I'm a shocking simmer. I like that.

Believe it or not I’ve probably put more hours into this game (plus all the others 1, 2 and 3) than most of the current sims 4 players and I don’t see what that has to do with how good a game is or not.

Also, how many times have I seen people say each new pack is their ‘favourite pack’ lol? I can guarantee that by the time the next pack rolls around you’ll be saying it again.

This pack has the replay value of 0. Once you’ve completed the story, that’s it. There is no need to play it again unless playing the same thing over and over is how you play. The world and career are fine, even the other items in the pack are ok but they really need to stay away from RPG, linear style play.

I’ve not seen one person ask for a pack like this. I really hope they do not make another. This is so random too, people are asking for witches, university, cars and they throw this out.

And then they have the audacity to say they listen.

Lol it actually makes me laugh

—T

You can guarantee what I'll say? Seriously. I haven't said that about every pack. This pack may very well be overshadowed for me by Witches that is true, but the rest depends.
    You actually make me laugh.

I was speaking in you general sense. Every pack that comes out has people chirping ‘oh its my favourite pack evah!!’ I can absolutely guarantee that will happen when the next pack rolls around. Watch and see for yourself.

I’m glad you find me funny at least you take something away from this, but I was talking about EA and their very impaired listening skills.

Regardless of what you or I like, this pack was a mistake. Majority rules and the majority didn’t ask for this. Some of it, yeah, but not the story mode. When I heard that I lost complete interest in any of it. I would’ve liked the world, laptops and stuff. But they’re not getting my money for this.

—T

So you are going to try to ruin the fun for the rest of us, but wont even try out the pack that you are so against? What majority are you speaking of? I think its more a case of bitter Bettys sitting in the forum complaining all day long, while the majority of us, that actually are happy about most of the content, are spending time playing the game and having fun.

Of course not. I’m just saying what is the truth. When it comes to games they’re gonna make what sells the most, and the most probably won’t buy this pack, it is simple logic.

I see a MAJORITY (yes, majority) of people asking for completely different things, continually, and they give us this.

Just think about that.
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Skosalg wrote: »
    Okay as wondering if you liked and spent time playing this game in particular. I do and Strangerville is my favorite pack. Simmers are different and like different things.
    I've played many many hours since release playing this pack in particular and about to go back in after a nap. I'm a shocking simmer. I like that.

Believe it or not I’ve probably put more hours into this game (plus all the others 1, 2 and 3) than most of the current sims 4 players and I don’t see what that has to do with how good a game is or not.

Also, how many times have I seen people say each new pack is their ‘favourite pack’ lol? I can guarantee that by the time the next pack rolls around you’ll be saying it again.

This pack has the replay value of 0. Once you’ve completed the story, that’s it. There is no need to play it again unless playing the same thing over and over is how you play. The world and career are fine, even the other items in the pack are ok but they really need to stay away from RPG, linear style play.

I’ve not seen one person ask for a pack like this. I really hope they do not make another. This is so random too, people are asking for witches, university, cars and they throw this out.

And then they have the audacity to say they listen.

Lol it actually makes me laugh

—T

You can guarantee what I'll say? Seriously. I haven't said that about every pack. This pack may very well be overshadowed for me by Witches that is true, but the rest depends.
    You actually make me laugh.

I was speaking in you general sense. Every pack that comes out has people chirping ‘oh its my favourite pack evah!!’ I can absolutely guarantee that will happen when the next pack rolls around. Watch and see for yourself.

I’m glad you find me funny at least you take something away from this, but I was talking about EA and their very impaired listening skills.

Regardless of what you or I like, this pack was a mistake. Majority rules and the majority didn’t ask for this. Some of it, yeah, but not the story mode. When I heard that I lost complete interest in any of it. I would’ve liked the world, laptops and stuff. But they’re not getting my money for this.

—T

So you are going to try to ruin the fun for the rest of us, but wont even try out the pack that you are so against? What majority are you speaking of? I think its more a case of bitter Bettys sitting in the forum complaining all day long, while the majority of us, that actually are happy about most of the content, are spending time playing the game and having fun.

I think that person may be gauging their “opinion” on what they see here on the boards. It’s faulty to say the majority because not one of us has real data to base that assumption on, one way or the other.

The name calling and classification of those that are voiceful about their dislike makes your argument/opinion lose credibility. It could also be argued that you wouldnt know of these so called “bitter Betty’s” if you were indeed just playing and enjoying, you wouldn’t have the time to read the bitter threads.

Most people who state their opinions, negative or positive, do so because they love the game not because they want to spend their time, all day for that matter, expressing it. Personally, I love the game and play it. I’m also hyper critical of it. Though I don’t post all too much.

Ultimately, if I like a pack I’ll say it, if I don’t I say it too. Followed by my reason. I will also try to understand other people’s reasoning without taking personal offense to it.

Yes I did mean the boards and other Sims sources I am with/visit if you look and listen it is not hard to see what most people want out of this game.

Besides none of us even matter. Any distain I have with this game is aimed at the makers, not the players 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s up to you whether you take offence to that or not but frankly I don’t really care about what any of you or I even think, because clearly EA doesn’t either 🤷🏼‍♂️ I put my posts here so the gurus can see them. *They* make the game, not us.

—T

ETA; the sole reason I visit this site is because of the game. I don’t care about what other players like, I don’t want RPG sims games, I don’t want online play, and I don’t care if they make every pack under the sun, but it annoys me when people are asking for several other things, some of them for 2/3+ years now, and we get this. So yeah it makes me kinda angry, and I show it. But it’s *always* because of the gurus. If I were the only person visiting this site, I’d be saying the same things 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    According to the polls on the forum, the majority of people either loved it, or was ok with it.
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    I've missed laptops. :)
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Captain_C wrote: »
    I've missed laptops. :)

I wish the lid could be closed and sims could use it on the floor, but at least it's portable :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    It's a game pack. It implies there will be some gameplay in it. Which there was! Absolutely! It's obviously not an expansion, but for what it is, there's plenty of gameplay. And yeah, it does remind me of World Adventures.

But whether you like it is up to your personal taste. A lot of us are actually enjoying it.
    There's no need to force your opinion on everyone else. Personally, I don't really care for university.

Just let the team release something unusual once in a while, it's not hurting anyone.

I whole heartily agree. There have been too many times in the past people complained about stuff, and they listened and stopped doing it, thus ruining for the rest of us who did enjoy certain features. My problem was I just sat there and didn't say anything at the time, and now I really wished I had spoken up.

I think we need to speak up also if we enjoy it. The crusade to stop stuff like this needs to be met by people that enjoy it or it might not happen again. Of course sales tell a tale also. So it's wait and see. I want more like this and the regular packs that should be coming also.
    I've seen complaints lead to tweaking of the game that I personally didn't enjoy the results of. Often by people that don't even play this game but chime in to blast anything about it whenever they can. So yes tell them you like it if you like it! And be loud about it too.

Like when I loved Vampires and many just wanted it for the stuff but didn't want vampires in the game but bought it anyway?

Not getting what you are saying exactly and don't want to assume.

I absolutely loved the Vampires pack. But there was a lot of backlash against them being in a pack and demands to get a toggle to change the pack. People wanted the pack for the clothes, build etc. but wanted the theme to not include vampires.

I remember that. They could have solved that by preventing the game from spawning townie vampires. I bought the pack for vampires and really enjoyed Forgotten Hollow and the break-ins. However, once the novelty wore off I had to disable the pack.
  • Options
    PolyhedragonPolyhedragon Posts: 10 New Member
    I love StrangerVille. I didn't rush through the content, I took it a bit at a time while managing my character's career, raising a child, and balancing a marriage. And I had (and am having) a blast.

It's costs about $10. to see a 2 hour movie and it's over. I can re-play this content if i like, and the build/buy mode items are really cool to me.

It's all a matter of taste but I genuinely love this kind of gameplay in my Sims game.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm sorry this pack wasn't your cup of tea, OP. I know how that feels, and it is always a bit disappointing. I felt that way when laundry stuff, spa day, fitness stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio, and backyard stuff hit. For every person who doesn't enjoy a theme, though, there are generally a load of people who do.

I actually enjoy Strangerville very much. I like the small desert town and its setting. I don't enjoy large worlds, so these smaller areas are perfect for how I play. The assets that were included in CAS and Buy/Build are perfect fits for me, and I'm overjoyed to have them in my game. They will be used a lot in my builds and game play. I don't see myself playing through the story over and over, but I am happy they came up with a system that allows my sims to meander through it again without having to make a new save. For a game pack, I sincerely feel the sims team did an excellent job implementing this new way of telling stories, as it doesn't take away from my sandbox experience.

I didn't buy this pack for the story feature, I bought it for the CAS assets, little town, and amazing buy/build mode items. Liking how they wove the story into my sandbox experience was an unexpected bonus. When I asked for something quirky and unexpected, I didn't have this in mind, but it filled the void nicely nonetheless. I like it and hope to see more dilapidated assets and quirkiness in future packs.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Wow,Demy. Just....wow. Can you get any ruder in your post? I found your post to be very rude and insulting to others...perhaps you can change it so it doesn't sound so rude and mean-spirited. I understand you not liking the pack,but don't take it out on others just because you don't like the pack theme,and don't assume it's the "death" of Sims series. You don't know if there will be a Sims 5 or not,so please don't act like Sims 5 won't happen.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    this pack just doesn’t work. I hope they never do something like this again.

You mean it doesn't work for you.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    and don't assume it's the "death" of Sims series. You don't know if there will be a Sims 5 or not,so please don't act like Sims 5 won't happen.

I didn't know you were the speech/thought police. They can assume whatever they want, okay? And everyone is free to speculate whether The Sims 5 will be made or not. Stop trying to control what others say or think.

I think everyone's entitled to their opinions, including OP. It's not their fault if you feel offended. OP is just shocked people are actually enjoying StrangerVille because they don't see many good qualities about it. It's not insulting at all. He isn't saying anything about people who like StrangerVille, just that he doesn't understand how's possible to like such a story-driven pack.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    i didn't like the consept of these pack at first but it was good imo. Not maybe all like it but some of us have really loved and hype that pack. I like the world and items but i'm not that into that story.
    There are many packs in older sims games and sims 4 that i liked but others didn't and some who really liked one pack but i didn't. Everyone like different things.
    I think it would be fun to get more packs like that but i also would like to have 'core packs' first before that.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2019
    Naus wrote: »
    He isn't saying anything about people who like StrangerVille, just that he doesn't understand how's possible to like such a story-driven pack.

Which, in turn, is kindaaaaa insulting? The implication is that anyone who likes it is 'wrong'. I mean, I might not enjoy some things, and have a 30 minute rant prepared at all times for how personal vandettas like the movie Frozen is absolutely terrible and The Worst, but despite my opinion regarding plot holes, lack of world building, lack of decent characterization, the representation of Nordic art and architecture and... everything, and what they did to TROLLS (*takes deep calming breaths* I'm fine, I'm fine, it's fine-), but... I still get why people like it. I don't belittle people who do love it, and even I, with my massive well of hate for it, has two songs from the sound track on my iphone because LOOK I can recognize when hooks are made or things are done well.

To not see why people might be drawn to a conspiracy theory laden world in the desert with a storyline you can push your sims into is... um. Kinda missing out on why shows like Welcome to Night Vale became popular.

Heck, even my dislike of certain things... I still don't consider it a waste of time or money for people who do enjoy it to buy or invest in it. And even some of the worst art had people pour their heart and souls into it. I'm a little surprised someone can't load into the Strangerville world and look around, see the details in everything, the snakes sliding across the sand leaving trails, the sounds of hawks and coyotes.... the world alone is incredibly detailed and beautiful and artistic, and I'm very uncomfortable with calling the work of many of the Sims Team and artists a 'waste of time and investment'.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Which, in turn, is kindaaaaa insulting? The implication is that anyone who likes it is 'wrong'.

That's not the implication. That's YOU straw manning what he said to have an excuse to be offended because you don't like his arguments.
    I don't belittle people who do love it, and even I, with my massive well of hate for it, has two songs from the sound track on my iphone because LOOK I can recognize when hooks are made or things are done well.

No one is belittling you. You're taking things too personal. OP is just surprised people like it. Everything else is a fabrication in your mind.
    To not see why people might be drawn to a conspiracy theory laden world in the desert with a storyline you can push your sims into is... um. Kinda missing out on why shows like Welcome to Night Vale became popular.

It's not so much the concept but the execution that missed the mark. The idea of Town with a Secret + Abandoned Laboratory + Zombie Apocalypse is a tried and true combination of tropes but StrangerVille didn't do anything interesting with these tropes. They didn't do anything interesting or new from a gameplay perspective (80% of the story is comprised of "fetch" and "talk to" quests), or from a narrative perspective (there were no surprises, no deviations of the formula, no complex background to the Mother and the abadoned lab, absolutely nothing that we haven't seen countless times). If you're going to use well-known tropes, you have to do something interesting with them. Otherwise it's just same-old, same-old.
    Heck, even my dislike of certain things... I still don't consider it a waste of time or money for people who do enjoy it to buy or invest in it.

That's YOU. Others may have a different approach. I don't understand why you are sso obsessed with controlling the way people behave. Just because you wouldn't do something, it doesn't mean that others can't do it. If it's not ilegal or against the rules, they're free to do it. Most of us live in a free society, and we're free to do as we please as long as we follow the law.
    And even some of the worst art had people pour their heart and souls into it. I'm a little surprised someone can't load into the Strangerville world and look around, see the details in everything, the snakes sliding across the sand leaving trails, the sounds of hawks and coyotes.... the world alone is incredibly detailed and beautiful and artistic, and I'm very uncomfortable with calling the work of many of the Sims Team and artists a 'waste of time and investment'.

It doesn't matter. Some people choose to judge the art, not the artist. I don't care about the artist. I don't care if they pour their heart and soul into something. All I care about is the final result. Is it good? Is it bad? Why? How could've been better? What did this artist bring to the table? It isn't a new thing. It started in the mid 20th Century with the Death of the Author, which emerges from the intentional fallacy. The author doesn't matter, intent doesn't matter, all it matters is the what the text/product "tells us."
  • Options
    idkpizzaidkpizza Posts: 13 New Member
    Everyone is trying to shut down those vocal about their disdain for Strangerville by either saying "you can't hate a pack you haven't tried" or "why did you buy a pack you thought you might not like".

Maybe instead of attacking their choices here and deciding for yourself what other people are allowed to dislike and when, let them voice their opinions. I'm seeing way too much policing here, like we have to jump through certain hoops before we're allowed to dislike something.

And what's all this about just not voicing dislike just because other people like the content? Or because we're not owed anything? Games are subjected to criticism all the time, it's a part of any industry, and if such a high number of people are unhappy, maybe there's something there that could be addressed. We can't and don't the power to demand anything, but we can make requests. Just because you're seeing a great number of people make the same requests and argue for them very strongly, doesn't mean this is automatically out of line. It means there's a high demand for these things.

Really, I'm not sure why everyone is trying so hard to shut-down people speaking out against EA. It makes sense to voice your dislike of something; this is valuable to the company, as well. Opinions of game-play style are all subjective, but if enough people are saying this isn't our money's worth, then maybe it isn't? Maybe it could be improved in the future.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Alright folks, lets keep this civil, these topics are all turning a bit heated and getting a bit too personal for me. Keep it civil and respectful or I'll be closing this which would be a shame considering there is good discussion happening as well.

Just to be clear going forward in this thread any personal attacks or derailing arguments will be removed and the thread locked.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I love StrangerVille. I didn't rush through the content, I took it a bit at a time while managing my character's career, raising a child, and balancing a marriage. And I had (and am having) a blast.

It's costs about $10. to see a 2 hour movie and it's over. I can re-play this content if i like, and the build/buy mode items are really cool to me.

It's all a matter of taste but I genuinely love this kind of gameplay in my Sims game.

I easily got four hours (2 films at $10 each) just in CAS and building my house. (I started with a ginormous house and ended up rebuilding twice, finally creating a double-wide that was more suited to the content.) I love the new military bed and the DIY shower. (I'm a bit skeptical of the 8 hygiene rating, however - baths for the toddler don't seem to take much time, but showers take forever. I don't think the shower part is an 8.)

The story doesn't even matter to me - the theme of the world gave us some terrific grungy items that are perfect for those who like to play Sims who start from the bottom. And the world itself is beautiful (though, I really wish they'd given us a desert that gets cold enough for blizzards).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2019

I easily got four hours (2 films at $10 each) just in CAS and building my house. (I started with a ginormous house and ended up rebuilding twice, finally creating a double-wide that was more suited to the content.) I love the new military bed and the DIY shower. (I'm a bit skeptical of the 8 hygiene rating, however - baths for the toddler don't seem to take much time, but showers take forever. I don't think the shower part is an 8.)

The story doesn't even matter to me - the theme of the world gave us some terrific grungy items that are perfect for those who like to play Sims who start from the bottom. And the world itself is beautiful (though, I really wish they'd given us a desert that gets cold enough for blizzards).

Started the game up with the adventure and enjoyed it but still haven't finished it but I had the idea of making Oasis Springs into a refugee type area of bunkers, trailerparks and grungy shack buildings using the items from the pack. Now, that's what I enjoy about this pack most. I'm afraid I have a vivid imagination, binging on scifi and fantasy from the library before the internet was thought of :) . Not a waste of money for me.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Well at least you actually tried to play it before your rant. You gave it a shot at least. I couldn't even do that. I just knew it wasnt for me and didn't buy it and felt entitled to complain of its existence lol.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I was looking forward in solving Strangerville Mystery,the game pack did download after i log out then in again. I were able to play the New Resident without problems,but when the new set of Aspirations entitled Personal Spy and had my sim started to collected 15 pieces of evidences, the count remained at 0/15, and the story's in unable to move forward without it. Now I wish I never brought this as a late birthday present for myself.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I can understand why some players are not fond of the linear storyline. I played it twice so far, and while the checkmarks are the same, it unfolds slightly differently depending on where your sim lives and what traits they have (from my experience, there may be more factors). In any case, this is either something you want or don't want in the game. When I bought this pack on release, I also factored in the other content and the world and I feel good about how I spent my 20 bucks. Regarding the future of The Sims 4 and this kind of gameplay ... I would not want to see this in every other pack, but if they released 2-3 more of these throughout TS4's lifecycle - with at least the same amount of additional content - I would not be upset about it and depending on the theme even buy it.
    Not every pack is intended for every player, obviously. It is fine for people to voice their concerns, but the only thing that will determine whether this kind of gameplay will return are the sales numbers, in my opinion. That's why people say to not buy a pack if you don't think you will like it. EA does not make these decision based on snarky comments on this forum.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top