Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AMBROSIA

Hello guys! I just have a question about the recipe "AMBROSIA". So, we know that his meal can bring a ghost to life but my question is... Can this meal make an alive person to live forever? Also, can it make a person forever young or do they age and stay elders? One last question, does it still work once you have a sim eats it then you move them out of the household?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2018
    When a living person eats Ambrosia it will put them at the beginning of their current life stage. So if a young adult eats it before they age up, they will be returned to the very beginning of their young adult life stage. If an adult eats, it will put them at the beginning of their adult life stage, and the same with elders, they will be at the beginning of their elder life stage. This will happen to any sim who eats it, regardless if your playing them or not.
  • Options
    aallii2222aallii2222 Posts: 103 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    When a living person eats Ambrosia it will put them at the beginning of their current life stage. So if a young adult eats it before they age up, they will be returned to the very beginning of their young adult life stage. If an adult eats, it will put them at the beginning of their adult life stage, and the same with elders, they will be at the beginning of their elder life stage. This will happen to any sim who eats it, regardless if your playing them or not.

So do they stay forever at that stage?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No, they will start to age again. But you can feed it to them again before they age up to reset their age again. There is also a potion they can purchase with their aspiration points that will do the same thing. If they don't have enough aspiration points, you can cheat and get it using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects It is free there in buy mode.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    aallii2222 wrote: »

It works the same way the youth potion does
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    No, they will start to age again. But you can feed it to them again before they age up to reset their age again. There is also a potion they can purchase with their aspiration points that will do the same thing. If they don't have enough aspiration points, you can cheat and get it using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects It is free there in buy mode.

It works the same way the youth potion does

So guys! I'm guessing I have to use a mod to do that?
  • Options
    Also guys, how do I know the age of a person in game... I mean by days?
  • Options
  • Options

Thank you very much! This is really helpful!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    You can also, in addition to this chart, select the head icon on the UI, next to their wants/needs button. Above it should show what age level they're in. Hover over that bar and it should say how many days left to the next age-stage.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    You can also, in addition to this chart, select the head icon on the UI, next to their wants/needs button. Above it should show what age level they're in. Hover over that bar and it should say how many days left to the next age-stage.

One more question about aging, is it possible to make someone age up while the age option is off?
  • Options
    Have them blow out a birthday cake.
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Ambrosia in Sims 4 ? Learning something new everyday
  • Options
    SimzSizzle wrote: »

Yeah it works the same as the youth potion I guess. Not sure what's the difference.
  • Options
    @aallii2222 like the thought of it in this game. Love to make my Sims younger. :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yeah it works the same as the youth potion I guess. Not sure what's the difference.

The difference is it can be eaten by ghosts to bring them back to life.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

The difference is it can be eaten by ghosts to bring them back to life.

Can I make my sim younger? For example, my sim is an elder, is it possible to him to be a teen again by the meal?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    no. the only way to age a sim down is via the 'cas.fulleditmode' cheat. ambrosia, as stated already in this thread, will reset the sim to day zero of their current age category. which does nothing if the game is already set to 'sims don't age'. and, again, as pointed out, ambrosia is mostly to bring ghosts back to life. (...it also sells for quite an amazing amount of money...)
  • Options
    my mistake, thought Sims could be made younger with it after reading one of these posts. That would have been so cool if possible.
  • Options
    GG1954GG1954 Posts: 14 New Member
    What's the recipe for ambrosia? I found it but now can't remember where! lol!
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    gaelgrove wrote: »
    What's the recipe for ambrosia? I found it but now can't remember where! lol!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gourmetcooking/ambrosia.php