Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Very nice exterior design and layout of Aphrodite Lovers BNB! @JosieAnglin :) The exterior wall texture is very nice and the balconies are very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables on the front balcony looking out at the views. The white blossom trees are pretty! It is nice that the large water fountain is in the build. Very nice wedding area! The red flowers look very nice on the edges of the area to enclose the area. The flower petals on the aisleway are pretty! The floor lights look very nice there. The walls of candles are pretty! The wedding guests will enjoy having food from the buffet table. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The pink and gold colour scheme of the bedroom is very nice, and the flowers are pretty on the bedside tables. The Sims will enjoy sitting on the gold sofa listening to gramophone music. The flowers petals under the table are pretty! The heart teddy on the fireplace ledge is pretty! The candles are calming either sides of it. Very nice windows dining nook! The pink flowers are pretty touches on the table tops. They will enjoy the sunlight or moonlight coming in whilst eating their meals. Very nice sofa seats and fireplace sitting area! The vases of flowers look very nice on the tables and it is nice that the fish tank table is there. The candles on are calming on top of it.
    It is a very nice bed and breakfast! :)
    Aphrodites is very pretty! :) Her traits and aspiration suit her well. Her pink dress is very nice! It is nice that she has red hair.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    I am working on a bed and breakfast build for QC 74, and my Sim is done. I will enter both when my build is done, which will be before the March 8 deadline. Right now, I still have something similar to the flu, so I still don't feel well, and so, I'm building more slowly than usual. I'm starting to feel a little better.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Awesome build and Sim @JosieAnglin B)! I really like the details of both :)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    It is great that you are working on a build for the current challenge @coolsim9999999 :) Take times to rest whilst doing it as being unwell can make you feel quite tired.
  • Options
    Thanks so much @rosemow :)<3! I rest enough, but it's hard to sleep at the right time for long enough. So, I take a nap when I feel like I can sleep again. That's why I'm still up now!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @coolsim9999999 I hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Take care @coolsim9999999 I hope you feel a bit brighter soon <3<3<3
  • Options
    Thank you very much @chips46 and @JojoMOMSTER B)! I'm going back to the doctor's on Monday.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Great entries everyone! I'm sitting this one out.

I hope you feel better @coolsim9999999. I hope you get better and are able to rest properly.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    I hope that you continue to feel a little bit better as the days go, and that the doctors appointment on Monday helps you with your health @coolsim9999999 :) Hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Thanks so much @lsnishi and rosemow B)<3! Thanks for the hugs, as well @rosemow <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

Just want to start by saying hello to everyone! I haven't entered any challenges in a very long time until I recently did a room challenge for One Room One Week One Theme and it was a lot of fun. I got sick in the Autumn of 2017 and then began to lose my vision. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in December 2017, two days before my 45th birthday. I had a couple of brain surgeries last year to help the release some pressure from my brain and I regained my vision. I do still have the brain tumor but it's benign and doesn't appear to be growing very quickly....so I'm very thankful. In the midst of all that I really had no creativity and stepped away. I've still been playing Sims very actively and still building a few things but not feeling up to challenges until recently. When I saw the theme for this one I was so excited! I LOVE doing wedding theme builds and this one has definitely challenged me. In my opinion, Windenburg is the pretties of all the Sims 4 towns. I love building lots here because of the beauty of the mountains and flowing water and so it just seemed like the natural choice for a romantic bed and breakfast. Tudor style architecture isn't really my thing but I felt authenticity was important for this challenge and I forced myself to stick with rustic and heavy feeling of Tudor furnishings. It wasn't easy and I had to scrap the garden three times before I finally found a more authentic style that matched the house. I've worked very hard on this one and I hope everyone enjoys! Looking forward to getting involved in more challenges to help develop my skills as a builder/designer.

QC challenge no: 74- My Love
    Origin ID: Saturnspoon
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Munich, Windenburg
    Gallery Build Name: Harrington House B & B
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/90979BBE3E0911E98D9B7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

Notes about entry:

Are your Sims looking for that all-in-one, perfect location for their wedding? Let Aphrodite, our exclusive wedding planner, take care of all your wedding worries and stress by hosting your celebration of love in our spacious, warm and romantic house. Harrington House is listed in the Windenburg Historical Register of homes and we strive to bring that rich history, as well as personal service, to your wedding events. We feature three spacious and romantic guest suites, all with private baths, and a second floor guest kitchen where you can make yourself at home when the main floor kitchen is closed. No one can underestimate the importance of having a dedicated bridal party suite where they can relax as they prepare for the ceremony and we are pleased to provide that amenity as well. We want you to experience all that the beautiful surroundings of Windenburg have to offer so don't arrive expecting to catch up on TV shows as Harrington House provides no televisions. You and your guests will be so glad you chose Harrington House to host your wedding!

iaToRXW.png
    ByVMsEq.jpg
    8UsaSRS.png
    2UhXgBF.jpg

More photos on my showcase page: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896603/archer-girl-saturnspoon-showcase#latest
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your health issues with the brain tumour @Archer_Girl I send hugs to you <3 It would have been quite a concerning, tiring and stressful time of your life over these last couple of years. I send special thoughts to you as live day by day with effects of having the tumour. I am glad and thankful to hear that it is benign.
    It is great that you enjoyed doing this challenge :) The background descriptive details that you have written for the venue are very creatively and nicely written! The exterior design of the build is very nice! Very nice Tuder architectural design! The wall textures look great! Very pretty wedding ceremony area! The flowers petals on the ground,the pedestals of flowers either sides of the wedding arch and the way the white seats have been set up either sides of the arch for the wedding guests to view the wedding looks very pretty! The landscaping work of the build is very lovely! Your screenshots of the venue at night time and through the day with the background of the mountains, full moon, night sky and blue /clouds skies are beautiful! Very nice furnishing of the interior areas! The colour scheme of the rooms are very nice! Very nice dining area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the round dining tables enjoy eating their meals, and having a drink from the bar. The flowers on the tables, curtained windows and the gold edged pictures are very nice!
    It is a very special bed and breakfast venue! :)
  • Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Thank you so much, @rosemow ! Looking forward to participating in more of your challenges also!
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Archer_Girl That is a very pretty hideaway venue!
  • Options
    meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    Origin ID: kroganbaby
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): The Summer Home, Windenburg
    Gallery Build Name: Aphrodite's OTT BnB
    Gallery Link:
    Apparently because I haven't posted much on the forums, I can't post links yet

Notes about entry:

Because this is a Greek goddess, I figured the Neoclassical style would fit pretty well.

I used up a lot of the budget on the wedding areas and reception rooms. The first set is a little more traditional- the indoor wedding hall is built to resemble a church while the indoor reception is done in a traditional wedding style. I went a little more wild with the outdoors wedding space and reception area: going for cute and blatantly love-themed.

There are three bedrooms, though, of course. Each is in a different style: a rainbow room for proud gay couples or any couple that has an appreciation for lots of color, a more modern black and white room, and an OTT heart-themed room.

Images (3-6 max):
    I'd love to include pictures, but apparently I'm not a full member here yet so I can't. Does anyone know of any workarounds I could use?
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Hello @meowcatmeowkitty :) It is great that you have created a build for the challenge!
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, We can then post the pictures for you,You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

I will look forward to seeing the pictures! :)
  • Options
    meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    @rosemow
    Thanks! I'll do that, then

The link to the gallery: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/88C4F68F3F9511E989FB033D2F3B18E4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kroganbaby&max=50&maxis=false

Not sure how well this link will work for others, but I know it generally works for posting images to forums and such: h.t.t.p.s://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/273676325238210562/552623494391922716/unknown.png

h.t.t.p.s://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/273676325238210562/552630739209027594/unknown.png

h.t.t.p.s://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/273676325238210562/552631763046891520/unknown.png

h.t.t.p.s://media.discordapp.net/attachments/273676325238210562/552632162382512128/unknown.png

h.t.t.p.s://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/273676325238210562/552632426069753868/unknown.png
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • Options
    Origin ID: kroganbaby
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): The Summer Home, Windenburg
    Gallery Build Name: Aphrodite's OTT BnB
    Gallery Link:
    Apparently because I haven't posted much on the forums, I can't post links yet

Notes about entry:

Because this is a Greek goddess, I figured the Neoclassical style would fit pretty well.

I used up a lot of the budget on the wedding areas and reception rooms. The first set is a little more traditional- the indoor wedding hall is built to resemble a church while the indoor reception is done in a traditional wedding style. I went a little more wild with the outdoors wedding space and reception area: going for cute and blatantly love-themed.

There are three bedrooms, though, of course. Each is in a different style: a rainbow room for proud gay couples or any couple that has an appreciation for lots of color, a more modern black and white room, and an OTT heart-themed room.

The link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/88C4F68F3F9511E989FB033D2F3B18E4

Not sure how well this link will work for others, but I know it generally works for posting images to forums and such:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Images (3-6 max):
    I'd love to include pictures, but apparently I'm not a full member here yet so I can't. Does anyone know of any workarounds I could use?[/quote]

• Options
    Very lovely exterior design of Aphrodite's OTT BnB @meowcatmeowkitty :) It looks so very ornate and grand! The domed roof tower is very nice! Very nice pool in the shape of a heart! The blossom trees and floral greenery on the exterior are very pretty! Very nice indoors wedding area! The golden colour scheme, patterned floor rug and mosaic tiling is very nice! The vases of flowers on the floral patterned side tables are very nice touches. Very nice furnishing of the bedroom. The grey, black and white colour scheme is very nice and the string lights are very pretty on the bedhead wall! Very nice windows sofa seat sitting alcove! The reception area looks very elegant! It looks very nice how the dining tables and bow patterned dining chairs have been set up there. Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain , whilst listening to piano music. The type of curtains used there looks lovely! Very ornately designed entrance area! The statues, greenery, flowers, columns and roofing look so very nice!
    It is a very special B and B build! :)
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    QC challenge no: 74
    Origin ID: CJSimmie
    Sims Gallery Name: ~Aphrodite~
    Gallery Link: Aphrodite
    Introduce your sims: Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love, Fertility and Beauty.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Your simversion of Aphrodite is very pretty! @CJSimmie :) Her white dress is very elegant! It is a lovely picture of her in front of the waterfall with the pretty flowers.
  • Options
    Great entries, everyone <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top