Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Strangerville Mystery Aspiration Sims!

I thought it might be fun to just talk and about share pics of our sims who are unraveling the mystery (or has unraveled) of Strangerville!

Please, keep spoilers under the spoiler tag and let's have fun. ;)

My sim is Artie (short for Artemis) Westvale, a low ranking journalist who is hoping solving the mystery of their home town (which they just returned to after years of being away) will be their big break. Along the way, they start actually caring about the people and putting down roots in the community.

eJXthvU.png

Has a cat named Palmer Westvale (if anyone gets the reference, high five), and runs a club called Club Cryptid, responsible for discussing different conspiracy theories and run-ins with beings like Vampires, Aliens, and Ghosts.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The sim I used in the mystery is named Finley Arnett. It was a roll of the dice on her name, but it really seems to fit her, plus I liked it. :)
    I won't go into any details, but she did run into a few issues and had to resort to wearing her special suit all the time. She has always had an interest in odd things, thus her pet cowplant, Bessy. I'm not quite sure what she is thinking at the moment, I was just happy I was able to catch it in time.

53472702_1222019901281636_2343272523916902400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=39bdfb58aef966511857ceb0986d9d86&oe=5D1DC1BB
    Another priceless express, I love these new looks they give. :)

52868279_1219232651560361_155874284546293760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=c52f31dbc2d0d89a1d6d6c2e6a49f715&oe=5D2471DC

She did make friends with a certain very large plant.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is Julietta, my main sim who normally lives in Brindleton Bay with her husband, three kids, and a dog. She has completed the mystery and moved back home. Was so caught up in the story didn't take many pics so this is from her science career adventures.

MeClmAg.png

This is Amelia. She's a new sim I created to play through the mystery again.
    She's a paranoid, squeamish bookworm and her aspiration is bestselling author.
    She's working as a journalist and hoping that solving the
    Strangerville mystery will lead to a lucrative book deal.

ZcAxjdf.png

She moved into the trailer but I replaced it with one from the gallery and made a few renovations.

xG1MNCo.png

Cute and cozy.
    Ollw8Mz.png

After meeting the welcome wagon she's having second thoughts and wondering if
    she should just get the heck out of Dodge.

t5ThSdI.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have two saves for Strangerville. This is my first sim that did the story without any career and she lives in the plane. I removed all the basements and just build a little hide out in the tail end of the plane. She has defeated the Mother :)

OdIVBOS.png

My other game I am about to load to take a pic, but I am having a few issues with imgur so hope I can share it once my game is loaded.

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited March 2019
    D0tsONpU4AMtMMM.jpg
    This is Jessica. She moved to StrangerVille to become an artist, but all of those plants around town made her curious.

D0tsPhmVYAEVjpL.jpg
    This is a "tiny" home I built from scratch earlier today. As you can tell by the front porch, she defeated ΜØŦĦ€Ř.
    Post edited by Ravager619 on
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    @Ravager619 Your pictures are not showing.

She moved into the trailer but I replaced it with one from the gallery and made a few renovations.

xG1MNCo.png

Cute and cozy.
    Ollw8Mz.png

Which home is this? I would love to add it to my game.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Oh that's weird. I can see them on my end. I even used BBCode, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2019
    ZjebvqL.png

Ray, 2nd son of the president in my Simnation. Stationed at a backwater post, what could happen? :)

QweU8Jp.png

Sara, Ray's high school sweetheart and an up and coming reporter.
    Post edited by Drakos on
    Ravager619 wrote: »

This is what I'm seeing.

53121471_1222108374606122_4338360587542069248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=bcea327a0a11fe48c0a60466101c88d3&oe=5D15DABD
    Ravager619 wrote: »

This is what I'm seeing.

53121471_1222108374606122_4338360587542069248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=bcea327a0a11fe48c0a60466101c88d3&oe=5D15DABD

Thanks for the heads up. I think I fixed it now. :-)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2019
    Nice to see all your Strangerville heroes & stories! :D

My sim, Vivienne, had been in my game quite some time. She was still living with her parents in BB - her older brother, Frederik (now a global superstar), had already moved to Del Sol to start his acting career, later followed by her twin sister (who wanted to become a YouTuber).

One night, Vivienne met her future husband at Frederik's bday party. Shortly after they got together, however, Nobuya, a handsome soldier, was asked to relocate to Strangerville as they needed extra personnel there to "keep things in check".
    3tB0sQG.png

While he was at work, Vivienne - a stylist who frequently works from home - quickly noticed that things (and especially sims) weren't quite what they seemed in otherwise idyllic Strangerville.
    2LL04Ca.png

She didn't mind too much at first, and merely laughed it off as the quirks of a disconnected desert town, but she did hang out at the library for her work a lot and quickly befriended the townspeople. Through some of the conspiracy theorists and some old dusty books, she learned that maybe there was more to it. So after learning one of them had a key card for her if she could grab some clues, she set out to find some. At first, it was mostly curiosity, and she was often quite ... nonchalant about things. Which did lead to a few minor infections - fortunately, Nobuya did keep an eye on her.
    6VsMjGE.png

Eventually though she became pregnant ... no time to waste - as the strangeness began ramping up around them, she knew that they had to save the town if they wanted their kid to have a safe and happy life.
    5wDcax2.png
    wLUGsQM.png

And they did defeat mother - together with her brother and sister (Frederik always welcomed a chance to get out the spotlight anyway, and what better way to do it than to fight some weird 'Mother'-plant in a far away strange little town no one's ever heard of anyway).

End well, all well - time for a normal life ... and some free makeovers ;) I guess that's the good thing about being a stylist in a quirky town.
    l71Mx1E.png
    dYm5hpi.png
    Ik1SZk8.png
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Loving all these sims! I like the diversity of vibes and stories, and it has got my mind going for what I can do for next run through.

@simgirl1010 , I love that we both had the idea to do a journalist. It makes them poking around so much fun! :D With the bones of the story it really feels like your sim is a intrepid reporter, digging up massive secrets.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm using them for now
    PnY9L0T.jpg
    Z7UekBv.jpg
    He kinda found himself into it since his mother moved to strangerville and ate the fruit, she's his GF and always find herself involved in his crazyness and usually is the one who saves the day since he's a total disaster in everything. This is more or less a save I use to test mods and new content though.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SiliClone your sims look really cool, I like them :D
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Here's mine:
    https://imgur.com/1MbKK57

https://imgur.com/zxIz0V5

This is Fletcher. He's a tad strange, but a good kid overall. He's a teen, and just trying to figure out what's going on with the town. And why his parents and newborn sister disappeared.

(All in all, I love him to pieces.)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited March 2019
    Meet Lucas Kay.
    IFGEhea.png
    He lives with his mother Cora, who's a moderately famous author, his stepfather Elliott, a super-famous musician, and his younger half sister Catalina. Lucas just wants to be a normal teen and stay out of the eyes of the paparazzi who won't stop following Elliott and Cora around.

His friend Malcolm Landgraab invited Lucas and four other friends to spend time at one of the Landgraabs' many vacation homes in StrangerVille- a senior trip of sorts- and he jumped at the chance to get away from San Myshuno's hustle and bustle. Except... things started getting weird.
    YqArTVZ.png
    Very weird...
    The six of them worked together to solve the mystery, but only five of them made it out (Malcolm was killed by The ΜØŦĦ€Ř. ) Lucas went on to become a quite paranoid adult and try as he might, he can never forget what happened in StrangerVille.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited March 2019
    (Off topic, but where did you get the male sim's hair @SiliClone ?)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited March 2019
    Blue Foot. Who's the weirdest? He fits all right in Strangeville, except perhaps for the weather. ;P

CUfp1Cg.png
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    SiliClone wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »
    (Off topic, but where did you get the male sim's hair SiliClone ?)

here
    https://houseofabsurdities.tumblr.com/post/180923613159/heres-two-new-hairs-puppy-dog-is-a-hair-that

Thank you
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited March 2019
    Here's my band of misfits! It consists of Sims 4 premades, sims of my own and adoptees from Detroit Become Human and Hogwarts Mystery. Yes, this was a weird save already before Strangerville dropped ;)

Team 1: The meddlers

The original sims I sent to Strangerville while it was still in the first stage of weirdness.

28.02.19_00-09-53y9ky1.jpg

Carlos Patel, Renegades member from Windenburg, fled from enemies and fatherhood, joined the military.
    Gunther Munch, journalist from Windenburg, a childhood friend of Carlos'.
    Isimud Hands, photographer from Windenburg, hobby gardener, another friend of Carlos' and a fellow Renegade.

Gunther and Isimud are disguised as scientists in the screenshot. I moved them in when Carlos met them in the library (where the journalist union had a conference).

Both Isimud and Carlos recklessly got themselves "touched" by you-know-what.

Team 2: The government hopefuls
    They were sent to the site during stage 2.

27.02.19_18-28-00o7jww.jpg

left: Professor Erika Bellamy, programmer, former weapons researcher, called back from retirement
    right: Professor Timothy Bellamy, Erika's husband, generic scientist, former weapons researcher, called back from retirement
    middle: Ralph Camden, android, landscaper & gardener at the Windenburg Chalet, fell to one too many pranks of the Renegades and now hates Carlos and Isimud

The Bellamys' task is to study the influence of you-know-what on android brains.
    Both Ralph and Rupert were tricked into participating under the guise of hirering them as botany experts.

The Wildcard: Rupert
    Officially part of team 2, but works against them.

12.11.18_02-30-21vzjtc.jpg

right: Rupert Travis, android, veterinarian in training, former employee of Urban Farms.
    left: Another generic farming android called Meriadoc. Not involved with Strangerville, but very ready to nurture whatever Rupert and Rowan might bring back from there. Meriadoc already was a plantsim and currently levels rocket science to fetch the unique Sixam plants.

Team 3: The misguided do-gooders
    They were called in by Rupert during stage 3.

28.02.19_18-40-06trj9l.jpg

Rowan Khanna, wizard, wandmaker, co-owner of Urban Farms and thus Rupert's former employer.
    Dr. Ebenezer Smith-Snyde, wizard, doctor, musician, was Rowan's boyfriend at college, still retains a deep friendship with him.

This team's objective is to prevent team 1 and 2 from killing off you-know-what and instead find a peaceful solution.

- Carlos of team 1 has joined team 2 by now.
    - Rupert managed to imprison team 1 and 2 in team 2's base. Ralph and Erika have already defected to his side.
    - Team 3 stumbles around, retracing the others' steps, but being non the wiser.
    - Essentially my investigations have come to a halt and the town is in the grip of stage 3 while the only ones who could save it infight.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2019
    Here's my little desert dwelling survivalist. ;) She completed the Strangerville story line while she was a teen, and now that she is an adult, I think she will join the military career, but I'm not sure just yet.
    D0wUwwLWwAEf3HP.jpg:large

Her mother is a global superstar that lives in Del Sol and is not very happy with her daughter's decision to abandon fame and fortune to live in a dusty hole in Strangerville chasing paranormal secrets.
    DyHiyJdX0AUySpE.jpg:large

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @LaBlue0314 the original is by #oasissprings. I just uploaded mine to the Gallery. I really liked the original but I think move objects was on and it was kind of hard to make changes so I basically deleted everything except the kitchen. Loved the kitchen layout.

YFjOXI9.png

AmmQ1Lj.png

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I thought it might be fun to just talk and about share pics of our sims who are unraveling the mystery (or has unraveled) of Strangerville!

Please, keep spoilers under the spoiler tag and let's have fun. ;)

My sim is Artie (short for Artemis) Westvale, a low ranking journalist who is hoping solving the mystery of their home town (which they just returned to after years of being away) will be their big break. Along the way, they start actually caring about the people and putting down roots in the community.

eJXthvU.png

Has a cat named Palmer Westvale (if anyone gets the reference, high five), and runs a club called Club Cryptid, responsible for discussing different conspiracy theories and run-ins with beings like Vampires, Aliens, and Ghosts.

I LOVE your sim! Her face is truly unique. Know who she reminds me of when I looked at her? Pink!

TxxAfC1.jpg

Is she on the gallery? I would love to have her in my game.

But as to the sim I'm using for the mystery aspiration, it's this guy:

My teen, Randy Lundsford.

OZm1ERp.png
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I LOVE your sim! Her face is truly unique. Know who she reminds me of when I looked at her? Pink!

TxxAfC1.jpg

Is she on the gallery? I would love to have her in my game.

But as to the sim I'm using for the mystery aspiration, it's this guy:

My teen, Randy Lundsford.

OZm1ERp.png

Ha! She really does, I did not catch that when making her. :D

And not yet, but I've been meaning to load up the game with my mods folder remove and do a mass posting, so I can absolutely put her on there! I believe most her cc is earrings, her hair, and skin details with some stray recolors. But if you would rather have her with CC I can just load her up to it ASAP. She is a Insider, Geek, and Cat Lover.

Since there is no 'disgruntled' or 'rebel' personality type I just make it implied. If you've ever seen the show Schitt's Creek, think of Sam just a more sociable (and really, she is considered rather outgoing in San Myshuno, she just isn't interested at first in getting to know people in her home town all over again, and even after she puts down roots she has her edges.). Out of Pink songs, 'Raise Your Glass' would be the most fitting for her. ;)

Also, Randy Lundsford is ADORABLE.