Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking about getting Sims 4- Must-Have Mod Reccomendations

JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
edited March 2019 in General Mods Discussion
So after much thought, I've decided to get Sims 4. As of 2019, which are the must-have mods that I should have? Similar to how NRAAS mods were essential for Sims 3.
Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I have been wondering this myself, impeccable timing! I haven't used mods before, but I hear a lot on here about MCCC by deaderpool being the NRAAS of Sims 4.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    MCCC will add story progression much as Twallan's Story Progression did for TS3. Plus A LOT more :)
  • JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I have been wondering this myself, impeccable timing! I haven't used mods before, but I hear a lot on here about MCCC by deaderpool being the NRAAS of Sims 4.
    MCCC will add story progression much as Twallan's Story Progression did for TS3. Plus A LOT more :)

MCCC seems right up my alley. Thank you both for mentioning it.
    Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Jorvan wrote: »
    luxsylvan wrote: »

MCCC seems right up my alley. Thank you both for mentioning it.

MCCC is great and I don't think I could play without it now. BUT! It will change your town (in terms of townies having kids, having affairs, getting married, moving in, moving out, etc.) so I recommend playing a test save first until you're happy with the settings.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    If you get Cats and Dogs I highly recommend the playable pets mod over at Modthesims.info too. It allows you to send them commands as themselves like if they were a 'human' sim and also lets you see their needs so you know what they are lacking at any given time.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    MCCC is great and I don't think I could play without it now. BUT! It will change your town (in terms of townies having kids, having affairs, getting married, moving in, moving out, etc.) so I recommend playing a test save first until you're happy with the settings.
    Ah okay, thanks for the heads up.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    If you get Cats and Dogs I highly recommend the playable pets mod over at Modthesims.info too. It allows you to send them commands as themselves like if they were a 'human' sim and also lets you see their needs so you know what they are lacking at any given time.

Nice, thank you for the suggestion.

Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited March 2019
    Could someone post a link to the playable pets mod, please?
    I can't find it on MTS. I looked it up on the Modthesims.info and it's just a discussion.

Never mind. I found it. I don't think I can download from the site that it's on.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Could someone post a link to the playable pets mod, please?
    I can't find it on MTS. I looked it up on the Modthesims.info and it's just a discussion.

Never mind. I found it. I don't think I can download from the site that it's on.

I'm not sure why you're unable to download the mod but here's a link directly to the post (HERE) - you'll see downloads available through google and dropbox!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Thank you, @g1raff3s. I'm still getting used to using mods outside of MCCC for sims 4. I think I might try it later.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2019
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

Wow, I have Sims 4 and every expansion, stuff pack, you name it, and had no idea. Getting that rn!
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    I really enjoy a lot of brittpinkiesims mods. She has a graduation event mod, a prom event, baby showers, etc. Those kind of big events that make growing up fun.

And someone else mentioned it but LittleMsSams has some great ones as well. If there is anything while you're playing sims and you think "Ugh, I wish my sim could " she probably made a mod for it.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have played with "Meaningful Stories" by roburky for a few days now, and am loving it so far. It makes it so emotional states are more consistent, with the ability to lenghten moodlet times (great for long life span setting) and turning many small happy moodlets (such as nicely decorated) into fine moodlets instead, so happiness is more meaningful. Uncomfortable moodlets boost negative emotional states, and moods can be "used up" such as exercising when energized, which makes energized go away quicker. I love that this mod has a tutorial that pops up every once in awhile, and you can enable/disable different options to customize, which is great because I play on normal life span.Meaningful Stories Page Link