Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alarm clock : Time to wake up !

Hi,

There is something else from The Sims 2, I miss that when the alarm clock woke up my sims depending on their work time.

If the sims could set the alarm on their smartphone (2h before the work), it will be wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    Sergio1012ssSergio1012ss Posts: 53 Member
    That would be nice, it's really annoying that if they go to sleep late, time speeds up until it's time to go to work
    tumblr_inline_npwyxvAG8u1tvmikg_500.gif
  • Options
    valchajmervalchajmer Posts: 106 Member
    You can always break their sleeping time when they need to get up. It will make them a bit more tired by the end of the day (you can send them to brisk shower or give them coffee if that happens). That's how I resolved my two Sims who couldn't sleep at the same time.

Although yes, alarm clock would be nice.
  • Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    I totally forgot how much I missed the alarm clock until you just said it!!
  • Options
    NightingaleNexisNightingaleNexis Posts: 12 New Member
    I loved the alarm clock, sadly part of it was because it was a great decoration for the bedside table
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    An alarm clock would make it feel a lot more realistic.
    I'd like to see them brought back
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    thundergimmickthundergimmick Posts: 140 Member
    Yeah I agree!
    tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'd rather have sims use an alarm app on their phones.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I would like alarm clocks back too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    valchajmervalchajmer Posts: 106 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

Totally agree, considering they use their phones for everything now.
  • Options
    stalesfostalesfo Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2015
    And here i thought i knew everything about TS2! Alarm clocks! My sims are almost always late to work/school. I wish they had some sense of urgency about missing it.
    All New Saraste Tales Spirit Animal/Legacy Challenge!
    Saraste Tales Intro
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    valchajmer wrote: »
    Mightydan wrote: »

Totally agree, considering they use their phones for everything now.

I'd rather have a way to make phone usage optional ;) I don't even have a smartphone myself yet (don't need one really) so it bugs me that my sims all have them whether I want them to or not.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I like the alarm clock and use one all the time. What I would really like is for my sims to stay in bed till at least 6:30 . I'm tired of constantly putting my sims back to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning because their needs are full.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    TirrealTirreal Posts: 84 Member
    yes that does get frustrating, I just make then do something like bathroom or make a meal and store it, then send them back to bed.
    Having an app or alarm clock that you can manually set the time would be awesome. When you have 6 sims getting up ad different times, you want them ready for the day. :cold_sweat:
    tumblr_n4nkyvHMpK1t1hfamo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    That would be great! Their "internal clocks" never wake them up in enough time to do everything they need to in the mornings.
  • Options
    ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    I released a "Working Alarm Clocks" mod a few days ago: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571393

Enjoy!
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Adding alarm clocks would be awesome.

-Gives a Dazed moodlet to sims, if it woke them up.

-Can be programmed to wake you up for Work/School, OR, set to wake you up at hours 4-12 AM. :)
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I not only miss the alarm clocks, I miss the car pools! I liked the realism of my sims dashing out the house to catch the car pool so they wouldn't be late to work. I hate the fact that if their job starts at 9 AM, that's what time they leave the house. Doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I hate the fact that if their job starts at 9 AM, that's what time they leave the house. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I've been known to do that myself on days where I've not slept well and have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. My boss likes it far less than my Sim's bosses though! :p

I'd also love to see alarm clocks return, I quite often daydream a little when the sims sleep and there's been a lot of times I've not woken them up in time to get everything done before work because I stopped paying attention to the time and then they have to miss breakfast. That little safety buffer of an alarm would be a huge help.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Dear Devs:

I'll be nice today and ask you to please consider the idea of giving us the option to wake our sims up at a determined time. I'm sick and tired of them waking up at 2,3,4 am cause they are hungry. It would be a huge help.

Thank you
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think needs are harder in the sims 4 and there's evidence too, my sim gets home at 5pm he makes something for dinner serves 4, (he has a wife) then work task, bathroom, fun and bed, hygiene is normally every two days, but when my sims asleep he over sleeps and until 7 am or 6:30 am if I wake him earlier there's not enough sleep, then there's no time for food just bathroom then go to work at 9, makes me feel more like using cheats. it should be a little easier, more realistic, then bills take half his money, his wife works he paints yet not enough money
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    Adding alarm clocks would be awesome.

-Gives a Dazed moodlet to sims, if it woke them up.

-Can be programmed to wake you up for Work/School, OR, set to wake you up at hours 4-12 AM. :)

Good idea ;) ! Brutal wake up always dazed me.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Hi,

There is something else from The Sims 2, I miss that when the alarm clock woke up my sims depending on their work time.

If the sims could set the alarm on their smartphone (2h before the work), it will be wonderful.

Not just alarm clock, I want to see the clock arrows move like in Sims 2. This level of details need to return!
  • Options
    ElfseekerElfseeker Posts: 28 Member
    that they put out the BASE GAME without ALARM CLOCKS is one of many pieces of evidence of EA NOT GIVING A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about the sims. or much of anything else beyond money. the time required to install alarm function in an object is NOTHING unless you are fanatic about not spending money. when the hell is EA going to learn that quality takes time?
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Wallace And Gromit style alarm clock, that wakes your Sim with a smack. *That*, or phone alarm.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    A bad wakeup could cause a bad mood (irritable (Angry), depressed (Sad) or stressed (Tense) moodlets while 12 hours)

A bad wakeup occurs when the Energy is still yellow or orange.