Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating Stadium Bleachers

MEGAN1107MEGAN1107 Posts: 144 New Member
Ok so I want to create a soccer field and possible a baseball diamond and football field. I need to be able to create the stands that people sit in. Since I have no idea how to do this I figured I'd download one already created. Delete everything around it and build what I want BUT even when I download a premade stadium out of the exchange the bleachers/stands are not showing up. What am I doing wrong? All it shows is flat ground where the stands should be.

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    to illustrate the are where people site.. many use stairs
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited April 2014
    MEGAN1107 wrote:
    Ok so I want to create a soccer field and possible a baseball diamond and football field. I need to be able to create the stands that people sit in. Since I have no idea how to do this I figured I'd download one already created. Delete everything around it and build what I want BUT even when I download a premade stadium out of the exchange the bleachers/stands are not showing up. What am I doing wrong? All it shows is flat ground where the stands should be.

Megan,
    When I did the Lord Admiral Stadium (Thread for it is here ) I used the stair tool set at about 6 or 8 wide. First I built a wall and placed a floor tile up on the second floor to build the stairs up from a foundation then to give the illusion of actual stairs I used an offsetting set of stairs (just 1 wide). Hope this helps
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• MEGAN1107MEGAN1107 Posts: 144 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. I'm using stairs :) I hope it turns out alright. I really like admiral stadium
  • AuntMortichaAuntMorticha Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope you are still on this site flstrider > @flstrider said:
    > MEGAN1107 wrote:
    >
    > Ok so I want to create a soccer field and possible a baseball diamond and football field. I need to be able to create the stands that people sit in. Since I have no idea how to do this I figured I'd download one already created. Delete everything around it and build what I want BUT even when I download a premade stadium out of the exchange the bleachers/stands are not showing up. What am I doing wrong? All it shows is flat ground where the stands should be.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Megan,
    > When I did the Lord Admiral Stadium (Thread for it is here ) I used the stair tool set at about 6 or 8 wide. First I built a wall and placed a floor tile up on the second floor to build the stairs up from a foundation then to give the illusion of actual stairs I used an offsetting set of stairs (just 1 wide). Hope this helps

flstrider i hope you are still on this site- the thread you shared is not there any longer if you still have it could you share thanks
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi @AuntMorticha :) This is quite an old thread!

The link that @flstrider shared is broken because it is to the old forums, which are no longer active.

There are some pictures of the build to which he is referring here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/719107/the-lord-admiral-stadium-first-time-posting-and-first-shared-lot

If you'd like to ask him something about it, you could try messaging him, but I don't know whether he's still active on this site.

Best of luck :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited March 2019