Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm hints? Chicken noises in StrangerVille!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2019
    I hope we get a farming pack. I think it would be fun. Folks, for the most part, liked what farm packs we got from the Sims 3 store.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Kind of off topic but just to be mischievous ... you can also hear wolves howling. I've heard them in Shady Acres when sitting out at night. It could be coyotes maybe but I think it wolves since coyotes yip and are higher pitched.
    Lock down your henhouses... or dare we think forward to werewolves?

There are wolves that howl in the background of Forgotten Hallow at night as well I'm guessing it's probably the same background noise in Strangerville so probably not a hint unless it's the same one that they've been hinting at for two years now...
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A farm pack would be a welcome addition and fun to hope for.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    That'd be great!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hear them everywhere since 1 year.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Kind of off topic but just to be mischievous ... you can also hear wolves howling. I've heard them in Shady Acres when sitting out at night. It could be coyotes maybe but I think it wolves since coyotes yip and are higher pitched.

There are wolves that howl in the background of Forgotten Hallow at night as well I'm guessing it's probably the same background noise in Strangerville so probably not a hint unless it's the same one that they've been hinting at for two years now...

@3KNPen I know that producing new life forms like Cats & Dogs takes more time than an usual expansion pack, maybe they start hinting to the packs they are producing, not necessarly going to release next?! Maybe...
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 I never thougth of adding horses and ponies, makes sense, since we have big and small dogs. But then, why we don't have big cats? I mean, the only big cats in RL are jaguars, lions, tigers... But they could've added them... If we wanted to use them in a Castaway setting, or Circus/Zoo, or Prehistoric challenge? I would love to have big/small horses, and big/small cats
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Karon wrote: »

@3KNPen I know that producing new life forms like Cats & Dogs takes more time than an usual expansion pack, maybe they start hinting to the packs they are producing, not necessarly going to release next?! Maybe...

If you are going to say that "They are trying to make werewolves that can fully turn into wolves" i have to stop you there.

First if they do it, that part of the pack will probably require Cats and Dogs EP to be installed to prevent routing and texture bugs etc.
    Second, even making a wolf form for werewolves is a very ambitious project on the terms of handling development of this part without making the other parts half baked. and EAxis hasn't been this ambitious about introducing new gameplay since the days of Get Together so i doubt that it is going to happen.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

If you are going to say that "They are trying to make werewolves that can fully turn into wolves" i have to stop you there.

First if they do it, that part of the pack will probably require Cats and Dogs EP to be installed to prevent routing and texture bugs etc.
    Second, even making a wolf form for werewolves is a very ambitious project on the terms of handling development of this part without making the other parts half baked. and EAxis hasn't been this ambitious about introducing new gameplay since the days of Get Together so i doubt that it is going to happen.

People also thought toddlers would never happen because they kept denying rumors and hints about it and discouragingus from expecting them. We don't really know what the devs are capable of, whether it's possible or not they don't tell us so making assumptions is pointless. Strangerville has
    alien plants
    without GTW installed.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    mika wrote: »

People also thought toddlers would never happen because they kept denying rumors and hints about it and discouragingus from expecting them. We don't really know what the devs are capable of, whether it's possible or not they don't tell us so making assumptions is pointless. Strangerville has
    alien plants
    without GTW installed.

Toddlers were base game content and widely requested by everyone (not making them would mean that the base game would remain incomplete which was a negative selling point for the game). There just isn't enough occult fans requesting a full on wolf form for it to be worth making... unless EAxis is going to make a Full Supernatural Expansion Pack focusing on werewolves then witches (also highly unlikely because most occult fans want witches more than any other one)
    Also the thing you have mentioned that is in Strangervile is not major enough to consider in this argument.
    So i don't think that the devs have enough resources and incentive (if they are even willing to) to make a full on wolf form for werewolves when they can focus on other stuff.
  • Options

@SinaMegapolis i was clearly talking about Chicken, Cows, Pigs... Farm animals. Wolves have alredy been made in this game with dogs, they could just reuse that like they reused the powers and weaknesses tree from Vampires in Get Famous. But they are not going to do that, cuz it would be more obvious than the p&w tree and people would be mad... i personally wouldn't care, cuz the way we would play with our sims as wolves would be totally different, but i can see the rage.
  • Options
    Angelbabee12Angelbabee12 Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope so! That’ll be pretty cool
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Really though a farming pack for The Sims is such a given. People have been asking for this since TS1. We got a bit of it with Unleashed and then in TS3 with Pets and the Store stuff but never a true EP.

Who wouldn't want it? Turn the sims in to a farming simulation just the way Open For Business (and Get to Work/Dine Out/Vet kind of) turned it into a business simulation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Really though a farming pack for The Sims is such a given. People have been asking for this since TS1. We got a bit of it with Unleashed and then in TS3 with Pets and the Store stuff but never a true EP.

Who wouldn't want it? Turn the sims in to a farming simulation just the way Open For Business (and Get to Work/Dine Out/Vet kind of) turned it into a business simulation.

ME. I don't want it. Farming is boring. Gardening is bad enough.