Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC isn't showing up

HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
It appears in the pop-up CC menu box, but it isn't in CAS. Downloaded it as a package, game knows that it is there. I've searched, taken it out, and then put it back in.

Is it just not appearing because of the patch that broke some CC? My other three pieces work just fine, so I'm a little confused. I downloaded the other three CC pieces before the patch, so is the patch affecting the CC and its appearing in the CAS?

Thanks!
125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello.
    The patch conflicted with many CC and mods. The CC that you have downloaded and is not showing up may be one that is conflicting with the patch.
  • kkzarr26kkzarr26 Posts: 1 New Member
    I spent a while doing the cc and putting it in the mods folder on mac but it isn't showing up it used to work but now none of my cc is working I have everything enabled right but its not showing up in my game my old ones are but the new ones aren't it also shows up in the folder but no new cc is working please help
    kkzarr26 wrote: »
    I spent a while doing the cc and putting it in the mods folder on mac but it isn't showing up it used to work but now none of my cc is working I have everything enabled right but its not showing up in my game my old ones are but the new ones aren't it also shows up in the folder but no new cc is working please help

Hello
    This link about using cc on the Mac may help
    https://bluebellflora.com/2018/01/07/sims-4-cc-and-mods-not-showing-up-in-game/
  • alexaytkalexaytk Posts: 1 New Member
    > @kkzarr26 said:
    > I spent a while doing the cc and putting it in the mods folder on mac but it isn't showing up it used to work but now none of my cc is working I have everything enabled right but its not showing up in my game my old ones are but the new ones aren't it also shows up in the folder but no new cc is working please help

This happens to me after the Sims 4 has updated- for me I go to options>other>enable mods. hope this helps
  • krstnationkrstnation Posts: 8 New Member
    i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??

(i'm using a PC btw)
    krstnation wrote: »
    i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??

(i'm using a PC btw)

Hello @krstnation
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
    > @rosemow said:
    > krstnation wrote: »
    >
    > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    >
    > (i'm using a PC btw)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @krstnation
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder

I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    >
    > (i'm using a PC btw)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @krstnation
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder

I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer

Hello @krstnation
    Was a new mods folder generated when you moved the mods folder to desktop and launched the game?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > krstnation wrote: »
    > >
    > > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    > >
    > > (i'm using a PC btw)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @krstnation
    > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
    >
    > I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @krstnation
    > Was a new mods folder generated when you moved the mods folder to desktop and launched the game?

yes a new mod folder was generated but by CC still didnt show up in game
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    > >
    > > (i'm using a PC btw)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @krstnation
    > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
    >
    > I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @krstnation
    > Was a new mods folder generated when you moved the mods folder to desktop and launched the game?

yes a new mod folder was generated but by CC still didnt show up in game

I am sorry you are having this issue :( Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Enable the cc and the scripts mods settings in game options. Exit the game and then copy back the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t move back the old mods folder. Instead put your cc into the new mods folder. Then start the game and see if the issue remains.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > krstnation wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    > > >
    > > > (i'm using a PC btw)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @krstnation
    > > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > > > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > > > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
    > >
    > > I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @krstnation
    > > Was a new mods folder generated when you moved the mods folder to desktop and launched the game?
    >
    > yes a new mod folder was generated but by CC still didnt show up in game
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry you are having this issue :( Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Enable the cc and the scripts mods settings in game options. Exit the game and then copy back the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t move back the old mods folder. Instead put your cc into the new mods folder. Then start the game and see if the issue remains.

it worked!! thank you so so much for helping!!! <3 <3 <3
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > krstnation wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > i have been having the same issue!! the CC i've had installed before the nov. patch works and shows up in game but everything i've added recently does not show up in game! the CC is brand new (meaning it is not old or broken) and are all .package files. so frustrating! has anyone had any luck getting new CC to show up in game??
    > > >
    > > > (i'm using a PC btw)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @krstnation
    > > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > > > If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    > > > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
    > >
    > > I tried moving my mods folder in and out of the sims 4 folder and nothing changed. also i have no other mod folders anywhere on my computer
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @krstnation
    > > Was a new mods folder generated when you moved the mods folder to desktop and launched the game?
    >
    > yes a new mod folder was generated but by CC still didnt show up in game
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry you are having this issue :( Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Enable the cc and the scripts mods settings in game options. Exit the game and then copy back the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t move back the old mods folder. Instead put your cc into the new mods folder. Then start the game and see if the issue remains.

it worked!! thank you so so much for helping!!! <3<3<3

You’re welcome :)