Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Broken phone in Sims 2

DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
I'm not sure if this is a common bug but my sims phone is no longer working. They will go to the phone, put the Reciever to their ear and then hang it back up. I tried replacing the phones and restarting the game. I even saw online someone saying that if you hire a butler and start a fire, the butler will call the fire department and your phone will be fixed. This did not work, my butler just continued watering the garden. I do not want to have to move out my sims as they are living in a mansion that took 3 generations to build.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Have you checked other houses? Have you added any new CC?
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Have you checked other houses? Have you added any new CC?

I have no cc.
    But I ended up going to a community lot to buy cell phones for everyone, went home and tested it out, cell phones worked, and then all of a sudden my landline started ringing, so I tried making an outgoing call from the landline and it worked again! I'm not sure if it was going to a community lot or buying cell phones, but for anyone else having this issue you can give this a try to see if it fixes the dreaded broken phone bug.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    This has happened to me before. Not sure what causes it, but I can confirm that reloading the lot seems to fix it. Really weird!
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    This has happened to me before. Not sure what causes it, but I can confirm that reloading the lot seems to fix it. Really weird!

I would have tried it sooner but I assumed it wouldn't work because I already completely restarted my game and it still didn't fix it. Almost seems random
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    Happens to me too. When using a regular phone, they just hang up first time so I have to give order twice. I thought it was related to one of my mods, but now I dunno.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's a bug in FT, and you may want to install the Maty fix for phonebook which one wouldn't think would fix the actual phone but just who can call or who you can call but it does.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.