Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugh celebrities and StangerVille!

Why I'm seeing celebrities in StrangerVille again? Like what the reason they leave the perfectly good life and come to small far strange town bar?
7LLblxZ.jpg
And try to get attention there? Can things make sense please, for once..I'm just tired of pretending..I keep ignoring them but they keep coming and my sim stops whatever he's doing to watch them.. I just wanna enjoy what I paid for..Celebrities shouldn't be everywhere you go..

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Agree. Hope the developers are aware and planning some type of fix for this.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2019

Not sure why you think a fix is needed when the game is working as intended.
    There is a percentage chance celebrities pop in in any venue in any town.
    Like vampires. And aliens.

Either uninstall Get Famous, find a mod that allows you to control celebrities or live with it.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I agree - really wish they would limit where celebrities go - the last thing I expected in the Strangerville library was celebrities! Or they should at least fix all sims from stopping what they are doing to go fawn over them - including the bartenders and any sims working.
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I think they should only be spotted on lots with the specific trait. It’s not like you would meet a celebrity on your every day bar...
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    @graventhe i wondered why i was seeing Judith in the local bar of strangerville.. guess they are allowed there. lol
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    If you dont mind mods try

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

they spawn but get away

You have to manullay add this lot trait to every lot but ... oh well.

another one

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

scroll to ''lesscelebreact''

at least npcs are acting more normal.

You have to get a mod for everything these days.
    This is the reason why i dont want get famous yet.

I wish they would at least walk undercover with sunglasses and everything, with a minimal chance to be recognized.

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah I kinda hate seeing my four star vampire lurking on people’s porches at 2 am, or seeing Judith Ward or that Thorne guy lurking in the poor neighbourhoods.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've added LittleMsSam's Celebs Undercover lot trait to all the lots where I don't want Fans and Paparazzis swarming the story. It doesn't keep the Celebrities out, but it does calm things down.

Bienchen has some good GF mods as well.

Oops. I see @PreCiious beat me to it. :#
    Post edited by dizzydee_k on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2019
    I thought Strangervilel wasn’t Judith Ward’s style !! She looks way too fancy for that kind of place haha
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member

@Beardedgeek Just because something works as intended does not make it good game design.

Anytime my sim goes to a non residential lot, a celebrity sim almost always (I'm talking 90% +) shows up. If it is intentional that celeb sims just show up everywhere all the darn time, what is the point in getting calls from friends saying "I heard that this celeb sim is gonna be here wanna check it out?". Why bother if I can just go to any old lot and find a celeb sim there.

Oh that's right, it doesn't. So it's either a bug or poor game design.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited March 2019

There is a percentage chance celebrities pop in in any venue in any town.
    Like vampires. And aliens.

Either uninstall Get Famous, find a mod that allows you to control celebrities or live with it.

It's a bit disconcerting and disruptive to see Judith Ward dressed to the nines in Strangerville. :) Thanks for the mod info @dizzydee and @PreCiious.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    This is how I feel about all my sims in general. The fact that they wander aimlessly around any town that is obviously geographically different from their hometown is immersion breaking for me. My city living sims wouldn’t be caught dead in towns like Oasis Springs and Strangerville. I don’t mind seeing the same NPC’s anywhere though, just the premades and my own sims, since they all have a storyline.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

@Beardedgeek Just because something works as intended does not make it good game design.

Anytime my sim goes to a non residential lot, a celebrity sim almost always (I'm talking 90% +) shows up. If it is intentional that celeb sims just show up everywhere all the darn time, what is the point in getting calls from friends saying "I heard that this celeb sim is gonna be here wanna check it out?". Why bother if I can just go to any old lot and find a celeb sim there.

Again, it is working as intended. No "Fix" is needed. You might not like it, but a fix indicates a bug. There is none.
    I am also slightly bemused at this, since I fully expected this to happen. After all this is how it has always worked. In all versions of the Sims, not only Sims 4.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Vlad was temdng bar in it in the EA/Sims Supply Let's Play.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I was in the StrangerVille bar talking with military personnel when Judith Ward came in. She didn't stay very long at all, I guess because she was pretty much ignored. I wished she would have stayed longer... I could have given her a fruit. I would love to see that!
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member

Again, it is working as intended. No "Fix" is needed. You might not like it, but a fix indicates a bug. There is none.
    I am also slightly bemused at this, since I fully expected this to happen. After all this is how it has always worked. In all versions of the Sims, not only Sims 4.

Again, working as intended does not mean it is good game design. The past iterations of them game have nothing to do with this. I didn't mention anything about a fix. I said it is either a bug or poor game design, clearly it's the latter.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The mod you need if you are willing to use mods is townieoverhaul_lessfame by Bienchen83, you can find it here https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/ I haven't see much celebrities around town with this, they only show up in dedicated lots.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I use the Celebrity Hideout lot trait mod for my game with Strangerville. First town I used it on, but it got so annoying for my sim to be interviewing other Strangerville sims and have stuff keep dropping out of que because everyone was flipping out over whatever celebrity walked in (and within 2 sims hours, there was almost ALWAYS a celebrity that walked in).

I figured it was very true to form anyway, as most celebrities would be automatically disguising themselves in such a small town/dive bar area anyway.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I don't have Strangeville, but I agree that celebrity sightings are way too common. I think the likeliehood just needs to be weighted way differently, with higher level celebrities being SUPER RARE on any lot without one of the hotpot traits ( and of course "hottest in town" being more likely to have the higher level celebs than up and coming hotspots). Then, if the player wants a lot of celebs in the game, they can go ahead and ADD those traits to more places, but I don't think common sightings should be the default. Ideally, there'd be varied weights of sighting based on world and type of lot as well, but that might be asking too much.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited March 2019
    You can opt out of fame in settings. Not sure how extensive that is though.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So true. It's like I go to the grocery of a village and I see Britney Spears encouraging us to applaud her. 🙄
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    As soon as I finished that story they started coming out of the woodwork. 👺 I am about to ask a certain someone to return, just to see if that scares them off again.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2019
    Feed them to The Mother!!!
    (Like seriously, I really hope the developers let us do this at some point. Sort of like throwing someone to the Pit Monster in The Sims Medieval).

@SimGuruGrant please make it so!!! LOL
    D0xjLx4XQAALeU3.jpg:large
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Feed them to The Mother!!!
    (Like seriously, I really hope the developers let us do this at some point. Sort of like throwing someone to the Pit Monster in The Sims Medieval).

@SimGuruGrant please make it so!!! LOL

@Ceres_Meiriona Now that's something I could get behind! :D Muahahaha!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    I use the Celebrity Hideout lot trait mod for my game with Strangerville. First town I used it on, but it got so annoying for my sim to be interviewing other Strangerville sims and have stuff keep dropping out of que because everyone was flipping out over whatever celebrity walked in (and within 2 sims hours, there was almost ALWAYS a celebrity that walked in).

I figured it was very true to form anyway, as most celebrities would be automatically disguising themselves in such a small town/dive bar area anyway.

I want a mod like this, I don't want a mod that prevents fans and paparazzi, I just want a mod to prevent celebrities in specific lots, fans and paparazzi dont steal everyone attention, celebrities do.. but sadly there's no mod for that..
    So I guess this mod automatically disguises celebrities once they arrive in lots is working as intended? Sims is acting normal?