Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mcrudd update for those that supports me

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    My brother is missing 3 years today :( Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support, please click on my signature and share his page and posters if you don't mind, would really appreciate that <3

gSBZYPd.jpg
    Cant sleep. Just after midnight now :/
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi there again. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    Hi there again. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you so much <3
    Hi all, sorry for not updating. Basically its the same news. My brother is still missing, we are going on 3 and a half years now. Those of you who had me as a facebook friend, I am so sorry but I deleted my facebook once again. I do have a single account with no friends or family purely to run my brothers missing person page but I just can't do facebook anymore, the memories were just too much. The day I deleted my facebook I got the memory that is below.

RfxJmUZ.png

It just broke me, As most of you know is know I am no longer on any anti depressants or sleeping tablets, I have managed to stop all of those and trying to cope by just trying to go on with life and keep myself busy. So it was a hard blow to me. I know many more will follow and I know they will hurt me so I just got rid of facebook, I hope you can understand <3

For those still sharing my brothers posters and page, I thank you from the deepest part of my heart, you are all amazing <3
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I often wonder how your search is going, I do understand your heart break my brother was missing for 5 years. I hope you get answers soon. HuGs♥
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited September 2019
    jacqpinks wrote: »
    I often wonder how your search is going, I do understand your heart break my brother was missing for 5 years. I hope you get answers soon. HuGs♥

Oh my goodness Jacks <3 I am both sorry and relieved to hear of your brother, so sorry that you had to endure the pain I know all too bad of having a missing sibling and then so relieved to hear that you did get closure after 5 years, not sure if it was happy or sad news, but it was closure which is so needed when you have a missing family member. It gives me a little hope too, hopefully I will still be able to get closure some year or years to come. It kind of su.cks the life out of you some days if you live in the unknown so long. Thanks so much for your comment, truly appreciate it and once again sorry that you had to endure that pain as well <3
    Hi Simmers, feeling a little sad today. My brother is missing exactly four years today, its so hard. South africa search and rescue has contacted media 24 who is an online newspaper, they will be calling me tonight to do an interview for an article in their website, I am hoping that will boost the memories of people again. I am still running his missing person page and will keep on doing it until the day we get closure.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thinking of you. I still really hope you can find closure one day, can't even begin to imagine what this must be like for you. Answers heal us, so I hope you'll get yours, eventually. I send you hugs and strength. <3
    Thank you @SimTrippy <3
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Well wishes seem so useless but I'm thinking of you and hope you get closure soon. Four years must seem both incredibly long and come far to quickly. May you and your family have peace and blessings.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Have you ever considered sharing your brother's case with one of missing persons groups or similar on Reddit? I've read that a number of cases have been solved with the help of these groups. I hope you will get the closure you need. :heart:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited March 2020
    Well wishes seem so useless but I'm thinking of you and hope you get closure soon. Four years must seem both incredibly long and come far to quickly. May you and your family have peace and blessings.

Thank you <3
    Have you ever considered sharing your brother's case with one of missing persons groups or similar on Reddit? I've read that a number of cases have been solved with the help of these groups. I hope you will get the closure you need. :heart:

I do have his page with several organisations that do missing persons in South africa and I run a facebook page for him, the link is in my signature, I am also going in to see our local New Zealand police to make him an international missing person so that Interpol could help out as well. I am seeing them next week. Thank you very much <3
    Sorry for all the delayed updates. So the article did go in the newspaper, its in Afrikaans so you guys won't understand it, but here is a pic.
    C4fMIzv.jpg

But I have good news, now I am in contact with a very big magazine in South africa and the one missing person organisation is going to do article about three of their cold cases and my brother's case is one of them <3 That magazine is deffinetly read more than newspapers, and it has a sister magazine that is English as well, so much more publicity :)
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2020
    Facebook is blocked in my country so I can’t access that website, only can access this news site, I also can't show the pictures you post
    Is there anything wrong with your brother before this? Does he have any mentally issues? Does anyone live with him? I think these are important clues. Does not rule out that he has wandered abroad or stowed away. Honestly, according to the photo on the website, he hasn't distinctive features, someone may have seen him but didn't recognize, or his appearance has changed a lot during this time, even changed to a new identity for started a new life (whether voluntary or imposed)

I guess, if he alive, he may become a tramp (I think this's the most likely, especially if he has mental issues. Even if he dies, he may be identified as an unknown tramp for long ago), or as a stowaway work in the illegal workshop, or start a voluntary new life: he already has new social media and contact information, even new name, may be a grocer in vegetable market or street artist who someone met this morning. But these're just my guesses
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello. I send hugs to you <3 I do hope that the magazine article will help.

Thanks you sweet Rosemow, I hope so too, must say its extremely stressfull going through the process of giving them all the information again. Its like opening up a wound again, but I am hoping to get any sort of closure once the article is public <3
    edited July 2020
    Facebook is blocked in my country so I can’t access that website, only can access this news site, I also can't show the pictures you post
    Is there anything wrong with your brother before this? Does he have any mentally issues? Does anyone live with him? I think these are important clues. Does not rule out that he has wandered abroad or stowed away. Honestly, according to the photo on the website, he hasn't distinctive features, someone may have seen him but didn't recognize, or his appearance has changed a lot during this time, even changed to a new identity for started a new life (whether voluntary or imposed)

I guess, if he alive, he may become a tramp (I think this's the most likely, especially if he has mental issues. Even if he dies, he may be identified as an unknown tramp for long ago), or as a stowaway work in the illegal workshop, or start a voluntary new life: he already has new social media and contact information, even new name, may be a grocer in vegetable market or street artist who someone met this morning. But these're just my guesses

Hi there, Gosh you won't believe how many times all of the things you mentioned went though my head as well. He was mentally very strong, he had just completed a iron man type swimming contest and was excitedly asking me for information about training for a marathon since he was also biking and was considering to start running too and enter some triathlons. He did live with his girlfriend, he also told me he was so happy because he had saved up a nice deposit to get a bigger place so that his girlfriend's little girl can have her own room since they were in a one bedroom apartment and she slept on the couch. He left a typed letter on a laptop that was not saved until an hour after the girlfriend received money from him. In the letter he basically bullet points items she can have and then ends it don't come looking for me. But we are not sure he typed the letter because it was not saved number one and number two he named people by actual names and not by the pet names he had called them his whole life, he was also very strict about spelling and although spell check was available there was lots of spelling errors. All his money was deposited to the girlfriend. Nothing was taken not even his contacts or reading glasses. a Plane ticket was bought to go to my mom's in Durban, but when both the departure and arrival footage was checked he was not on it, although the plane was boarded in his name. Not even a week after him going missing his girlfriend started selling all his stuff including a very expensive road bike, she said she had no money and needed to do it, we were confused since his whole bank account was transferred to her account just a week earlier. So she sold all his stuff even all his furniture he had in storage that was going to be used at the bigger place. Since he went missing there has been no sightings, not even one and he has no digital footprint either. He is listed a missing person with several organisations looking for missing people. I have tried to make an interpol case but the South african police has been less than helpful so it never happened. So I am hoping this article in the magazine will stop all the questions I constantly have in my head, the first of is he alive or not, is he hungry, has he got a home, and now with covid, is he safe and warm and not sick with covid, soooooo many questions and scenarios running through my head including most of what you mentioned above as well.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2020
    mcrudd wrote: »

Hi there, Gosh you won't believe how many times all of the things you mentioned went though my head as well. He was mentally very strong, he had just completed a iron man type swimming contest and was excitedly asking me for information about training for a marathon since he was also biking and was considering to start running too and enter some triathlons. He did live with his girlfriend, he also told me he was so happy because he had saved up a nice deposit to get a bigger place so that his girlfriend's little girl can have her own room since they were in a one bedroom apartment and she slept on the couch. He left a typed letter on a laptop that was not saved until an hour after the girlfriend received money from him. In the letter he basically bullet points items she can have and then ends it don't come looking for me. But we are not sure he typed the letter because it was not saved number one and number two he named people by actual names and not by the pet names he had called them his whole life, he was also very strict about spelling and although spell check was available there was lots of spelling errors. All his money was deposited to the girlfriend. Nothing was taken not even his contacts or reading glasses. a Plane ticket was bought to go to my mom's in Durban, but when both the departure and arrival footage was checked he was not on it, although the plane was boarded in his name. Not even a week after him going missing his girlfriend started selling all his stuff including a very expensive road bike, she said she had no money and needed to do it, we were confused since his whole bank account was transferred to her account just a week earlier. So she sold all his stuff even all his furniture he had in storage that was going to be used at the bigger place. Since he went missing there has been no sightings, not even one and he has no digital footprint either. He is listed a missing person with several organisations looking for missing people. I have tried to make an interpol case but the South african police has been less than helpful so it never happened. So I am hoping this article in the magazine will stop all the questions I constantly have in my head, the first of is he alive or not, is he hungry, has he got a home, and now with covid, is he safe and warm and not sick with covid, soooooo many questions and scenarios running through my head including most of what you mentioned above as well.

I think it sounds like stow away. Maybe he engaged something before but you don’t know, or he offended someone , or brainwashed and controlled by an illegal organization. Even he said that he wanted to participate in the triathlon may a lie. Do you know where that deposit came from? Did any stranger come to the apartment (when his girlfriend and her daughter may not be there at the time, the surveillance camera [if any] may be displayed)?
    I think you should let the detectives know these (or you have already done so, or they already known)
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

I think it sounds like stow away. Maybe he engaged something before but you don’t know, or he offended someone , or brainwashed and controlled by an illegal organization. Even he said that he wanted to participate in the triathlon may a lie. Do you know where that deposit came from? Did any stranger come to the apartment (when his girlfriend and her daughter may not be there at the time, the surveillance camera [if any] may be displayed)?
    I think you should let the detectives know these (or you have already done so, or they already known)

I am not to sure of that. I did find out that the girlfriend was actually the sneaky one. She was in a relationship with someone when my brother started dating her, she would hide her boyfriend's clothes and photo's away and then invite him over for a weekend when he was away as a pilot. He had no idea she was dating. Her Landlord told him the one day, he was shocked but then she told him that she loves him and not the boyfriend and left the boyfriend and moved in with my brother. The deposit was from his account, it was all his money. It was transferred via an already set up account which he used to pay rent to her weekly. She used to do it herself some times. No one used to visit the apartment that we are aware of. The triathlon was not a lie, he had just finished a charity swim and used to bike almost everyday, he had looked at events in the future and was excited to start training to run. I have hired two private investigators so far and no one found anything, even digital tracing. That is why I am hoping this magazine article will bring us some wanted answers.

https://iono.fm/e/922734?fbclid=IwAR3UTlau2m3dpyqSuvbcSiiNfGlJL83Kd_6VA3fSpAvHy6OdM4WWbjLR7B0
    a podcast about my brother's case. Really hits home if you hear it from another person's voice
    Amazing that TCSA spotlighting Mandy Silva"s case helped finally lead to a trial and closure for her family (so it seems at least). Hopefully this will lead to some more information in your brother's case. Especially paired with the newspaper article now, as well. It was so touching to hear about the special effort you made to make him his birthday cake. He is so lucky to have you. :heart:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Thank you so much @mintycupcake <3 That podcast is allready causing quite the stir in my inbox. My mom also just phoned me and said that some of my brother's team workers said they were all on good foot and no bad vibes, also some of his male friends said he would never have left his car with his girlfriend. Also had one of them say his eye sight was getting so bad that he even wore his glasses more than contact lenses. So lots of titbits of information coming out, unfortunately I need police to actually investigate all the evidence but so far they are absolutely useless.
    Thank you so much mintycupcake <3 That podcast is allready causing quite the stir in my inbox. My mom also just phoned me and said that some of my brother's team workers said they were all on good foot and no bad vibes, also some of his male friends said he would never have left his car with his girlfriend. Also had one of them say his eye sight was getting so bad that he even wore his glasses more than contact lenses. So lots of titbits of information coming out, unfortunately I need police to actually investigate all the evidence but so far they are absolutely useless.

It's astonishing to hear how badly mishandled his disappearance has been. But it was exciting to see 56k views on the podcast already! I wonder if some key information comes forward, they might finally take the case more seriously? I hope something changes soon.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

That sounds awful. I really hope you can get to the bottom of this
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?