Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: Llandros Ultimate Sim Challenge

1234568...Next

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited February 2019
    SEASON 18 - ROARING HEIGHTS

Moving In

Roaring Heights looks amazing! I'm loving it so far. I am even half thinking about just not moving anymore and starting season 19's requirements without even so much as moving her in to a new save. I was originally thinking about going back to basic with Sunset Valley (finish where I started) or Adventure Land (Sunset Valley without sims). But this town makes me doubt that!

While playing season 18 I will decide what it's going to be! I moved her in to The Waterfront at 34 Beach Drive. She is still a mermaid and living near a beach and with so much water in this world is just awesome! I am also going to kickstart this season by buying and upgrading all ownable public venues, which is only a plus if I don't move out of town, because that part will be done already.

Goals
    • Buy and upgrade all ownable venues
    • Join the Private Investigator career
    • Max the Hacking skill
    • Try to conceive triplets
    edited February 2019

The Big Upgrade Race

Okay, in a bit of ambitious enthusiasm I had decided I had to upgrade ALL venues to 3 stars. However I had NO idea how much work that would be, or how hard I would be looking for ways to make a lot more expensive. Just for the math/number nerds among us, these are the finances so far. She started this season with over 20 million simoleans, to be exact: $ 20,676,142. She spent over 3 million ($ 3,117,295) buying all non residential properties and she spent another 452k ($ 452,451) upgrading the first lots. Thus far I have managed to upgrade 4 lots to 3 stars and with the fifth lot I am currently on 2 stars. Three of those started out as 1 star, and 2 were actually closed down. I am doing this all without playing her (keeping the game paused) to maximize the profit that she is going to get from all of this hard work.

Goals
    • Upgrade a building to 3 stars
    • Upgrade another building to 3 stars
    • Upgrade some more buildings to 3 stars
    • Upgrade the last buildings to 3 stars
    edited February 2019

Let The Season Begin

After investing another 200k I finally managed to upgrade all property to 3 stars. Having spend a total of $ 653,922 on upgrades means that the total investment in owning and upgrading all non-residential areas has been $ 3,117,295. Now it's time to kickstart the season, waiting for the first payment from all of the property!

Goals
    • Join the Private Investigator career
    • Max the Hacking skill
    • Join and max the Journalist career
    • Decide about moving town
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    edited February 2019

Private Investigating

So, after about half a sim week of being a Private Investigator I have drawn some conclusions. First of all the hacking skill, that is way cool. And those police officers thinking to outsmart me with some lame virus that doesn't affect my cool floating futuristic computer at all. Go eat cookies! My sim is a level 10 hacker now and you can't get close! I also really like the cases that I have to investigate around the town. Okay, the story lines are lame. Missing mouthwash, made up by a kid who wanted some money. A missing wallet? Like where is the serious stuff. But the way it works is kind of cool and it is very intuitive, so I am looking forward to the higher levels of this career! with some harder cases perhaps.

Stakeouts, Like Seriously????

I don't know where to begin.... let me sketch a situation: My sim is doing a stakeout in a dim corner of a cafe. First of all, she decides to stare at the wall instead of watching the room. Then she goes wearing some kind of dusty old coat with a likewise hat, which if you want to go incognito surely make you stand out more. Do you think you have seen it all? Then you are Wrong! She then bends over, holding 2 bushes like the pompoms of a cheerleader, peeping at that same wall between those bushes. In the meanwhile behind her there are sims that are noticing her and because she is a 5 star celebrity they start waving at her enthusiastically. And some paparazzi's are photographing her!

From her point of view she is doing a great job, because she is telling me stuff like how she is camouflaged so good and nobody sees her, and more nonsense like that. And then to top it off she tells me something among the lines of "they were definitely doing something fishy there, I'd better report to the police". Which 'they' she can possibly mean after staring at a WALL for a solid 1.5 hours is a mystery to me!? But hey, she writes a report and she gets the XP, so who am I to complain. This is just one of the weirdest things I have seen in the sims so far, and that says a lot!!!!

Goals
    • Get to the top of the Private Investigator career
    • Join the Journalist career
    • Reach the top of the Journalist career
    • Decide about the last town

I'm Staying

Here is a very short blog. After completing the Private Investigator career the journalism one was a breeze. Like, just another rabbit hole. I was reading up on the requirements of season 19 and it said own and upgrade all buildings. I just did that for Roaring Heights. It feels a bit like a waste to move out and do it all over in another town, and I kinda like this one. So I'm staying! Having said that, there are a number of things about season 19 that I am changing, and I also dropped the kid requirement for season 18 and 19. Having a ghost baby is one that I don't mind skipping, and having triplets, well, I had quads and a lot of twins. What would that add. I have plenty of travels ahead of me. So without further ado, this season is finished!

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 18 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Private Investigator (FT)
    • Career: Journalism (FT)

The next post will be the start of season 18!
    edited March 2019
    Qr3S95c.png

SEASON 19 - ROARING HEIGHTS

University
    • Influence: Rebel
    • Influence: Nerd
    • Influence: Jock

Careers
    • Fulltime: (OL) Astronomy - Space Explorer
    • Fulltime: (OL) Bot Arena - Official Branch

Skills
    • Primary: Snake Charming (H)

Activities
    • Activity: Own and Upgrade all properties in town
    • Activity: Get visa level 3 for all destinations
    • Activity: Complete all relic collections

To The Future And Back

This time I had her travel to the Utopian Future, where she finished two careers and had some fun with her descendants. She also created a new Plumbot with some handy maid/butler like traits, that she took home with her. For safety reasons I had them remove the traitchips before traveling home, and then putting them back once they safely arrived. The previous plumbot turned out to be an alien-abductor-magnet, so if this one is like that also we will probably remove her from the household at a later time. I also cured her from her mermaidness, because she kept complaining about the heat, even inside buildings, and that is just a nuisance. Time for traveling and visas!

Goals
    • Get level 3 visas for all destinations
    • Complete the Relic collections
    • Think of some other goals
    • Conclude the challenge

Adventures Starting In Shang Simla

I found out on google that you can get extra days traveling for each well prepared traveler in a party. So I got our plumbot Androida the reward trait also and thus I was able to send the pair on their first adventure to Shang Simla for 9 days instead of 3! I also completed my first adventure, and I really like solving puzzles with my sim. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately (though understandably) I can't build in the base camp, but that also means I can't put down on of my collectables-chests. So I parked Androida on a bench in the base camp, and when I came home from the first adventure I stored the relic and some other part I collected in her inventory instead of in my Ultimate Sim's. I will also use NRaas to make sure she always has the same visa level as Amber, as they are working as a team, Amber doing the missions and Androida as a sidekick / support. Is that cheating? Yes. Could I consider it demeaning to turn Androida in to some kind of multi functional chest? Probably. But I made her to help me in any way she can and she is doing a fine job at it, so I refuse to feel guilty!

Goals
    • Get level 3 visa for Shang Simla
    • Get both of them the Certificate of Partnership for Shang Simla
    • Complete all Shang Simla's collectables
    • Double Check if I missed anything
    edited February 2019

97% Frustrations

Somewhere after reaching level 3 in China, and buying two partnership certificates, I got an adventure that required traveling to France. So I did, and besides the adventure needed for the Chinese adventure I did a couple of others. My aim was to get to level 3 and buy the 2 certificates, and then travel back to China to finish everything to do and every collection there first. I would then be able to return to France for 24 days, which is very handy. But what do you know? After the last dungeon I got stuck on 97%! And I think that if I look for the next adventure it will probably be a long one that will be much more then the tiny bit of visa points I need to max it out. So annoying. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do....

Goals
    • Get level 3 visa for Champs Les Sims
    • Get both of them the Certificate of Partnership for Champs Les Sims
    • Return to Shang Simla
    • Complete all Shang Simla's collectables
    edited February 2019

You Make My Dinner

A bit reluctant, afraid to get a huge challenge, I checked the adventure board for the last 3% for a level 3 visa. How relieved I was when I 'just' had to catch 3 frogs. So I whipped out some cherimola grapes and headed out to a fishing spot. Easy as pie right? Ofcourse not, this is The Sims. So when I handed the woman her frogs I shouldn't have been surprised that she wanted me to go buy steaks. Which aren't sold in France. Good thing my sim is able to grow them on a plant, so I harvest those and bring them over. Then she wanted lettuce, which I also grew. At that point I began thinking "Who is giving a dinner here, you or me?". Then, to top it all off, she wanted me to travel to Egypt and catch her some crocodiles. Like, really? That is one Demanding Lady if I know any....

On a sidenote, as soon as I gave the lady the frogs I was a level 3 French Tourist, so I wanted to buy a vacation home. That makes it a lot easier to actually achieve stuff. But just like in China I was very disappointed with the huge lack of choice. I mean, go in to edit town and there is tons of empty homes. But they are called 'Townie Homes' (be it without any townies in them) and so you can't buy them. Nope. Nope. And another Nope. So I went in to edit town, checked the Fern House right across the street from the base camp and decided I liked it. Not just for it's space and it's inside, also because it is very easy to cross the street and check for adventures! So I made it a buyable vacation home and bought it. I really think EA should have made all empty homes buyable, I mean, empty is empty right?

Goals
    • Travel to back to China
    • Complete the Tombs
    • Find all of the Chinese Relic Collectables
    • Decide where to travel next

Adventures or Delivery Service

After having completed 5 tombs I checked the message board curious what adventure would wait next. And found 5 requests for item deliveries instead. I mean, I am NOT a delivery girl, I want adventures. Why is your shopping on an ADVENTURE board? It was also just morning and I didn't feel like wasting a whole day waiting for refreshed adventures. So I used Nraas Opportunity picker and got myself in to 'A Curious Note'. I am now halfway through part 2, and will continue that dungeon tomorrow!

Goals
    • Finish Dong Huo's Treasure Trove
    • Finish the other China's Tombs
    • Collect all Chinese Collectables
    • Travel home and go to another country
    edited February 2019

Hidden Relics Seeking

I finished ALL of the tombs in China, but there are still 3 relics that I just Can't. Find. Anywhere. This is so frustrating! If anyone has any information as to their possible whereabouts, please come forward. I can't tip you but I will be very grateful. I am still missing the Dropa Stones of the Vortex and of the Sky and the Vase of Amin.
    edited February 2019

Shang Simla Completion

I have been staking out near the relics merchant, checking the 'buy' button so often that I'm surprised the sim didn't get annoyed with me, and after days of checking I finally found the last 3 items. I also checked my opportunities and did the one that was still open, sold my vacation home, and traveled home. I also deleted the China files from my saves because the less files, the less lag and issues. I have also been to Egypt to max the visa level to 3, buy a Tear of Horus and 2 Certificates, all the while avoiding all of the tombs, and now I am planning to complete France first. So without further ado!

Goals
    • Travel to France for 24 days
    • Finish all of the French Tombs
    • Collect all of the French Relics
    • Check if I missed any Adventure opportunities

Flying Back And Forth

After spending a while in France, unfortunately having to use Nraas to get opportunities as the Adventure Board does nothing, I was sent to Egypt to retrieve a Ruby. So I spent a single day there, I had to deliver first 3 and then 1 relic to the relic merchant, that I just purchased and then 'delivered' right away! That must be a bug?! But I got my Ruby and traveled back to France. Time to finish up those Tombs and their Relics and close the French Chapter!

Goals
    • Finish the French Tombs
    • Complete the French Relics
    • Double check if I missed anything
    • Sell the vacation house and travel home

Regretting Your Sales

So, I think we can all relate, opening every treasure chest you find, stumbling upon a hidden door in the darkness, opening it, finding the so-manieth shaped gem, selling it because you don't want an over-stacked inventory slowing down your game, and playing on for the next two days.... only to find out that the thing you sold was actually what you needed to finish a tomb and it's adventure and unlock the next one! Plum! Now what! So I took the long route in fixing it! But I did finish the Nectar Cellar and it's two tombs, and now I am only missing a couple of smaller tombs and the 3 signet relics that belong to them. So I hope to be able to close the French adventure soon, and prepare for Egypt!

Goals
    • Finish the last 3 Tomb locations in France
    • Get the last 3 Relics from the French Signet Collection
    • Sell my Vacation Home & travel back to Roaring Heights
    • Prepare to depart for Egypt
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    edited March 2019
    It helps to have more than 1 save. You could just replay it ;) I usually have a save in the adventure worlds.
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    It helps to have more than 1 save. You could just replay it ;) I usually have a save in the adventure worlds.

Thanks, do you mean a save with the same sim or just another game you play! I don't know if you saw the other topic, I solved it by traveling home, moving the France files out of my save, traveling to a fresh France, getting the one object, traveling back home and replacing my 'own' France back into the save. I did just to be sure sell my vacation home before leaving, so the game wouldn't get confused about that.!
    edited March 2019

Bye Bye France

I finished the French Tombs and found all of the French Relics. There was a BIG difference between the Chinese Dropa Stones (Hangout at the Relics store for days) and the French Dropa Stones (like, 4 or 5 found of each?) that I found baffling. But it is all done. I once again deleted the 'completed' world files after selling my vacation home and traveling back, because the less clutter in my save folder, the better my game runs. And that makes it a whole lot more playable. Time to prepare for Egypt! <3

Goals
    • Add an Egyptian inspired outfit to her everyday category (and maybe give her a tiny makeover too)
    • Travel to Egypt with Androida
    • Buy a nice Holiday Home in Egypt
    • Start Tomb-Raiding

Thanks, do you mean a save with the same sim or just another game you play! I don't know if you saw the other topic, I solved it by traveling home, moving the France files out of my save, traveling to a fresh France, getting the one object, traveling back home and replacing my 'own' France back into the save. I did just to be sure sell my vacation home before leaving, so the game wouldn't get confused about that.!

What I'm doing is if I'm in France or Egypt or China, I name my save 'France'. Or when you save, just add a 1 or a 2 on the end. Then it also saves it in a different file. When you go back to your town, save it in the original file. If you made a mistake you can always go back to that save and play from there.
    But your way is just as good... :p
    But your way is just as good... :p

I use Nraas Saver and it rotates between _1 to _4 all the time. But if what you messed up is like 10 or more saves back then that is no use, lol! It does help somewhat though. Thanks for your info!
    Yeah, it only helps if you realize your mistake right away. ;)

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 19 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Astronomy - Space Explorer (FT)
    • Career: Bot Arena - Official Branch (FT)
    • Skill: Snake Charming (H)
    • Activity: Own and Upgrade all properties in town
    • Activity: Get visa level 3 for all destinations
    • Activity: Complete all relic collections

There will be no next post in this blog as this marks the end of the Challenge, however, if you want to play the challenge for yourself and would like some input I can recommend going to the original thread by Llandros. I will keep a bookmark on it, so see you all there!