Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playable Infected Sims

2...Next

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Once you solve the mystery, is there a way to still have your sim become infected or would I have to reset the whole thing? I'd like to try out playing an infected sim, but I don't want to have to resolve the mystery, as I just completed not that long ago.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • dctf344dctf344 Posts: 21 Member
    @floridameerkat Do you have any bizarre fruit in your inventory? I just had my sim eat one and now he is infected. He already solved the mystery.
    GHNQUEs.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if a sim drank a vaccine or had it splashed on their face, they get a hidden trait for infection immunity. it might have a specific duration (like the evil trait given by smelling the 'cursed' flower bouquet with seasons) or might need to be cheat-removed if you want a sim to become infected again. but while it's active, your sim will get a message about being immune 'for the time being' so they won't get infected again

i don't have much time to play this week, so it'll be a while before i can get around to testing (ie, waiting...) if my formerly-infected sim can get reinfected eventually. i've got a mod that lets me look at hidden traits, so check her daily when i'm playing...which has only been one in-game day since they completed the story
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2019
    My infected Sookie used mischief and now she has infected Lucy (from 1992 dracula).

I made a short backstory for sookie. She is Pippy's first attempt to convert a human to a vampire and boy did it fail. Pippy has the guilty drinker trait and has never tried to convert another again. Plasma packs are her go to.

Sookie has her "episodes" and talks to others about her "mother" <<<<< Pippy

Sookie now is making her own little "coven" to make Mother proud.

Pippy is clueless and since she is a good Vampire, boy is she going to be mad when she finds out. Sookie is like Pippy's Igor/The monster combo. Pippy is very protective but she is not going to be very happy when she finds out what is going on.
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    edited March 2019
    Myself and my hubby both possessed

omsPBJg.png

My possessed sister staring blankly at a chess table

QvA5fNQ.png

My possessed father

J7IMxgC.png

My possessed brother-in-law

dR9EIRd.png

My possessed twin sister

t3N4EFt.png

My possessed mother running like a weirdo

zajMeS7.png

And finally, my possessed grandmother

8cBEdNw.png
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Omg @Jonathan777 :D:D:D You have no boundaries! My possessed grandmother cracked me up the most for some reason.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited March 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Omg @Jonathan777 :D:D:D You have no boundaries! My possessed grandmother cracked me up the most for some reason.

I'm glad you liked it, my husband brought home the Bizarre Fruits, so now my Sims are possessed nearly all the time now, it happened again without warning and it freaked me out as none of them ate the fruit, but now I know that it happens randomly and there's no permanent cure for it so that's a bit weird.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    He/They
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Neither one of My 2 sims that I have used got infected yet, But My 2nd one that I am on now died last night, it is a good thing that I had saved her before she went into the Lab, :) , I just can not figure out yet how to use the vaccine a 2nd time when all the townsfolk say they are all cured, I am trying to find some that are infected , but none so far the 2nd time around, i hope I will be able to finish this mission on My 2nd character, :(
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hopefully someone can help you. I haven't finished it the first time @BlueBlack007. Maybe you could play other households long enough to have those you want to be infected eat the fruit..
    I would think getting infected like that will pretty much just happen.
    Maybe others have a better or different answer though .. I'd love to know more ways.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2019
    Neither one of My 2 sims that I have used got infected yet, But My 2nd one that I am on now died last night, it is a good thing that I had saved her before she went into the Lab, :) , I just can not figure out yet how to use the vaccine a 2nd time when all the townsfolk say they are all cured, I am trying to find some that are infected , but none so far the 2nd time around, i hope I will be able to finish this mission on My 2nd character, :(

If you wish to get a sim infected eat the fruit. You can purchase it at the curio shop. You can also give the fruit to another sim with the mischief choice.

You should be able to infect however many sims you need. Just don't try on ones that were previously infected since not sure how long the immunity lasts.

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2019
    "I wonder if it would affect the kid at all? Would they get a hidden trait or something?"

Ok, I enabled kids to get infected lool. The infected walk and wander animation isn't working though, kids do their normal walk.. every other interaction does work.. standing idles and sitting idles too.

puVOejB.png

DoVGpbZ.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    It's hilarious. It comes and go. Seems like infected sim can communicate with other infected sims? At least, mother seems to take care of her children. All their needs are in the green. Praise mother, lol.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    edited March 2019
    I nearly peed myself with laughter with what happened in my game a few hours ago, I was sitting all my Sims down to dinner with Mac and Cheese and then I hear them all making noises, I thought they were being sick because of the Mac and Cheese that my husband Mark made, but no, they were being possessed at 1am, while sitting down to dinner, what the plum? :joy: I wish I had pictures to show you all, it was hilarious.

oNPKztK.jpg
    He/They
    well, glad to see that the cure is indeed temporary, so can make my formerly infected back into infected later. here's the name of the hidden buff when the thing is used on your sim:
    d54415966370d541eb6264be9d519411.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2019
    There is one important point:
    Possessed Sims can't fight against the mother, even if they are healthy when the combat begins. You have to cure them first. This was a very bad surprise for me at the end of the game!
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
    Having 8 Sims in a household all being possessed together at 1am is the funniest thing ever, you must try it, it is so hilarious.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    He/They
    decided to hop over to the roswells briefly so i can both reinfect ted and make him join the politician career. while there, decided to have him talk to the wife while possessed

conversation from his side of things:
    d340607b8a08377dc64e5759ca6cdf5b.png

and from hers:
    0ff521f6addc86c3fa6b17dbc50ccea5.png
  • Louk72Louk72 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Sofmc9;c-16978805"]"I wonder if it would affect the kid at all? Would they get a hidden trait or something?"

Ok, I enabled kids to get infected lool. The infected walk and wander animation isn't working though, kids do their normal walk.. every other interaction does work.. standing idles and sitting idles too.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/puVOejB.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DoVGpbZ.png[/img][/quote]

How did you do this? I want to do it to.