Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other
    I was shopping with my kids at the big bad Walmart sometime in 2000. There it was on a shelf.. The Sims.. I know I got it shortly after release because there were no EP's yet. The guy in line with me joked that I should move the fridge and toilet into the room with me because I'd be hooked. He was right about being hooked.
    egTcBMc.png
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Other
    I was reading Entertainment Weekly (magazine) and they did a review for it (the original Sims game). I clipped the article and stuck it to my refrigerator with a magnet because I was so taken with the concept. I got it the day it was released and have loved it since.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    Through the internet
    I found the sims when I was about 8 and watched youtube videos on it and I had the sims freeplay (I know it sucks) but I just wanted the sims. I think I was 11 when I got the sims 3 on console and that caused a lot of fights between my brother and I over the xbox as he wanted to play Minecraft. For my 12th birthday I got the sims 4.
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    Back in like 2013, I was watching cute animal videos on YouTube (I was like 9 and obsessed with animals.) Then in my recommended, an image of a virtual dog, cat, and horse caught my attention. I clicked on the video, where someone was playing a game called, "The Sims 3 : Pets." After watching that video, I immediately went to watch more and more, before I finally got the game for myself, first on Xbox. I was obsessed with the Sims for a while, but then found Minecraft ( :| ) and slowly lost interest in the Sims. But in late 2016, I started to watch a lot of content from YouTubers' Dan and Phil. If you know who they are, then you know they have a Sims 4 series with Dil Howlter, and other additions to the family. After binge watching that, I knew that I wanted to get back into the Sims more.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Other
    I heard people at work talking about it around 2002. The i saw the whole thing on sale at Staples the week before my B-day. I've been hooked ever since.
  • SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    Other
    I don't remember how I started with the Sims 1, but I know I played that game a few times here and there.. when it really started to stick with me was when I started playing sims on the ps2, like Sims Urbz, and The Sims Bustin Out. I loved the story mode of it because for me back then it made it easier to get into "controlling and playing" the little sim people... as I became more in love with the console version I wanted to expand the playing field and tried downloading the sims 2 onto my computer at the time.. it was love at first sight.. there was less building restrictions, more things to do.. Ive just been hooked ever since..

I would gladly go back to the earlier console sims.. but the newer games like sims 3 and up for console just weren't exactly the same
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    i grew up on playstation. that lead to me playing games on the computer. and one day i was 10 years old, in kmart and saw sims 1 in the year 2000. I picked it up and my sweet beautiful grandmom, bought it for me. I was a blessed child. It wasnt even Christmas. My Christmas'es were also awesome :D

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • KustridarenKustridaren Posts: 21 Member
    Other
    I belive it was part of a deal that you got the game if you also bought an item in an store. But im not really sure
  • ZoraZeldaZoraZelda Posts: 29 Member
    Through the internet
    Watched a lot of Sims 4/Sims 3 playthroughs and finally begged my dad to buy it for me.
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Through a friend
    It must have been late 2004 or early 2005 and I was spending the afternoon at a friends place. She then proceeded to start the Sims 2 and we played it until that evening. I remember we had a family with one child and a baby or toddler I think and we build the house room by mom and I decorated the childs room and used the chair that looked like a bear I think? and we put in this blue red yellow toddler bed? oh my god I just remembered S2 had those cute little cribs for toddlers! From that moment on I was obsessed. Did not have my own computer at the time so I went to the library and rented the game and installed it on my grandmas PC. A little later I got my own computer and own copy of the game. I had almost all expansions and stuff packs and the ones I did not have another friend of mine got and we exchanged them until we had everything. When I got older I stopped playing but have revisited with Sims 4 and have been playing a lot since 2014. I skipped Sims 3 completely.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Other
    The Sims came free with our new computer. I put it away because I didn't have time to play much -kids, work, fun, house work.
    My son found it and he started playing it. He was still young so I told him if he wanted to play with life to go outside and play. :lol:
    It took near the end of TS for me to try it -my husband was doing a year tour in the Middle East and I had no more fun times. I got hooked then.
    My son asked me why I didn't go outside and get some new friends - while laughing at me. I remember telling him I would get in trouble if I got too many new friends. ;)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Through a friend
    I was in primary school when The Sims first came out. I remember my friend telling me all about it and talking excitedly about it with her all lesson. I think it was Geography, so I guess I can blame Sims for my bad sense of direction. :D I was gifted the game soon after and I've been a happy simmer ever since.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Through a friend
    @Rflong7 Sims 2 got me through those hard times when my husband was serving in the Middle East too. <3

He was there for 14 months...left 8 months after we got married.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Other
    @emorrill wrote: »
    @Rflong7 Sims 2 got me through those hard times when my husband was serving in the Middle East too. <3

He was there for 14 months...left 8 months after we got married.

Aw- that's hard leaving so soon. :(
    It did help those lonely times. :cookie:<3
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Through the internet
    I found out about the Sims on a YouTube video. I believe it was the sims 2, however, I'm not quite sure. Since that video, I instantly fell in love with the game, shortly got it after that. :smiley:
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other
    ad on my old Sim City cd rom. I discovered Sim City while babysitting or at a friend's house or something like that.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Through a a family member
    I was young (younger than 10) when my older sister got it and we both fell in love with the series ever since.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Other
    Kmart store display.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    More than one family member really. My sister had Sims 1 in 2000 and I played it while visiting her apartment. Then my husband bought it, though I never got into it enough to get expansions. Then he decided I needed something to get into, so I wouldn't begrudge him his game time and bought me Bustin' Out. I've had everything since, except Medieval, up to Sims 4 base game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • J2JJ2J Posts: 8 New Member
    Remember being at my cousins house and she told me a story about people she made in her game. The drama was unreal and i’ve lived for it ever since! I would scope out the internet in computer class reading everyone’s legacies and household stories >_< - J2J
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    Through a friend
    In 2000, together with other Dutch families we lived in Germany (Our husbands were stationed there). One of my friends in this community knew i was addicted to Rollercoaster Tycoon and told me her husband bought a game for her called: The sims. And asked if i would like to try the game. Needless to say, that i never stopped playing. 1,2,3 and now 4. I think i will play this game till the day i die.
  • phillipsg148phillipsg148 Posts: 6 New Member
    Other
    I had heard and played a little of original sim city but never got into it. But when the original xbox came out i fell in love with the sims! In fact the first sims game I actually owned was bustin out. (keep it so long from blockbuster that I ended up owning it:} shows how old I am huh!) Bustin out, original sims, and urbz were my fave games. From there I made the jump to PC sims. several computers later, (much to my husbands chagrin) here i am still playing sims. Gotta say after switching to the PC I don't really like the sims on xbox anymore. Still tried them and have them but don't really like them. Also i don't have or am really interested The new sims 4 (do not like the way they sell them at all). Only part that even tempts me with sims 4 is the building but not enough to waste my money. Guess I finally got old. I prefer Sims 2 and 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs instead.
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Through a friend
    I was addicted to SimCity, so when my co-worker told me about The Sims, I went out and bought it blind. To this day, my favorite game ever!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    About six years ago my brother gave me sims3 for the wii, then I graduated to the pc and have a nice collection going! but most of mine are sims4 and the add ons.
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    I found out about The Sims through a family member. I was interested when we talked about it, and got The Sims 4 a couple years ago!
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top