Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it true the latest patch broke Sims 4? Is it unplayable?

2...Next

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes, Sims 4 has too many bugs, its utterly frustrating and nearly unplayable.
    I voted nearly unplayable but I wouldn’t say it’s totally unplayable? It’s not far off it. We have two gaming computers and ironically on the pc with the brand new state of the art graphics card that’s the one that’s having more issues. My niece who has it on console also has the exact same issues so I know it’s not a pc issue but a game issue.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No, I've encountered very few bugs or isolated issues confirmed by Maxis. Very playable.
    I'm not seeing any bugs. The only mod I am running is McC
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • zubop81zubop81 Posts: 23 Member
    No, I've encountered very few bugs or isolated issues confirmed by Maxis. Very playable.
    I haven't had a single problem with the latest version/patch.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think it depends what you are playing with. Some features and EP's are riddled with bugs or have conflicting gameplay. Like not being able to interact with celebrities in owned retail stores.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Yes and no, the game has bugs but they are managable and don't effect gameplay. Still playable.
    It's been ok for me because I know how to work around things, but I'm worried because my sister just started playing and I don't want it to ruin her time and her first impression. I've been dying for her to play, too lol.

The bug that bothers me the most is with the high chairs. I literally can not feed my toddlers because everyone takes turns lifting them in and out... I usually don't buy the highchairs to avoid that problem, but then the parents can't feed them anymore and I have to open the fridge and have the toddlers grab servings.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes and no, the game has bugs but they are managable and don't effect gameplay. Still playable.
    - All sims freezing for no apparent reason (used to be other sims doing homework, now it's random, entering buymode and moving a piece of furniture resets the lot)
    - A single sim freezing for no apparent reason (can be a played or unplayed sim, but MCCC resets them all neatly)
    - Sims teleporting instead of walking
    - Sold items remain in the inventory (no downside), thrown away food remains in fridge (causing errors when using "get leftovers")

So, not many problems, but especially the leftover and freezing are as annoying as ten smaller bugs combined.
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    ^
    - Sims teleporting instead of walking

I have had this issue posted by the post before me. I have also seen the freezing.
    I don't know what to do about this.

Before now, I also never got the "game is loading..." save issue. I had played for two days (i was sick, closing my laptop occasionally), and I lost all of that playtime due to noticing very late that all of a sudden I couldn't save because of that.

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Some bugs annoy me (like the festival one), but most don’t really effect me.

Also I’ve noticed that if you travel or something at the wrong time the regular/seasonal food stands stick around longer than they’re supposed to, which can be kind of annoying, especially since the game gets confused as to which ones should be open.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its really all kinda relative to what you expect? For me, very few bugs and fine might be unplayable and too annoying to someone else. Something that barely bothers someone else might be a game changer that I can live with.

So my real answer is, no, for me, its fine. There are a few minor bugs that are slightly bothersome but nothing game changing or breaking to my way of thinking. I'm sure for others there are elements and bugs that make it completely unplayable.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    zubop81 wrote: »
    I haven't had a single problem with the latest version/patch.

Me either - game plays mint, and bugs are extremely rare in the newest patch. The game plays really nice and I have no mods, no CC, and do not use cheats in Sims 4.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I just wanted to confirm that I used daycare for my toddler this weekend, with Strangerville and all patches, no cc or mods, and it worked fine, as it always has for me. They didn't bathe the kid (but she was only into the yellow there) and she desperately needed fun, but she did get pottied and fed (and even got to level 3 in toilet training and gained some imagination skill).

I'm wondering if the day care problem is related to Get Famous, which I don't have, or happens when you follow your Sim to work at an active career, which I never do. (Obviously, it should work in either case. But it might help to isolate the problem.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The game is certainly playable, but there are bugs. They don't crash my game or anything so I can deal with them.
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    Sims aren't filling their needs on their own, even though free will is on. When washing their hands they'll jump between rooms during the action. Overall weird jumping between walls during any action, even if I reset them it doesn't do anything.
    The lag is also ridiculous, every few seconds the game will stop for a second and then continue. Makes fast fowarding impossible.
    This has never been a problem in my game, I do have mods and CC but taking them out doesn't solve the issue. I'm really frustrated.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2019
    Depends on what the player considers unplayable. My game runs just fine, but I also noticed some bugs after the last patch. It's definitely an interesting experience when you go to work as usual and see this. :joy:

uancHvV.png

Sims also seem to clean up only one dish at a time after the latest patch. It's a little frustrating in a household with many sims when they all leave their dirty dishes on the table.

Also, sims don't take care of their needs anymore even if autonomy is on, not even when you leave them at home uncontrolled. Took one bladder accident for me to catch this. It's also frustrating.

That's all I've caught so far, so IMO it's not really unplayable. At least you can get a good laugh out of your muscular co-worker parading around in a pink dress. :joy:

On a side note there's still the age-old issue of exterior trims not appearing on rounded corners. I wonder if that one will ever be fixed.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2019
    Changing my answer to the middle option. I just had the weirdest bug. Got a notification that one of my sims was freezing to death (it was after the work when their pet went to greet her outside). I decided she should indeed freeze and kept her outside. After a while she turned into an icicle and grim appeared, but then it seemed that she and/or grim were stuck. She didn't die until I used resetsim on her and even then she just vanished through a puddle of water, leaving no urn behind.

Edit: Found the urn in household inventory.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2019
    All my poor male scientists have to wear dresses now. In some cases it doesn't look that bad, but imagine Mortimer Goth...

I don't know why, but my scientists wear dresses. Of course, I give them pants and a white shirt with a tie if they haven't unlocked a lab coat yet. But postmen and pizza deliverers still wear anything, but not their uniform! Well, at least they don't wear dresses. Only scientists do. I also have one woman scientist and her outfit is wrong as well, but it looks surprisingly good.

Oh, and I had to create 2 more scientists rather than Mortimer Goth, because when I moved to a new save and got Mortimer a job, no NPC scientists spawned. Mortimer worked ALONE for about a sim-week before I created a married couple of scientists to work with him. It wasn't actually a problem for me, beacause I don't like townies created by the game and sooner or later I'd create them all by myself, but I just mention that, because whether I like it or not, it's definitely a bug.

The sim from my profile pic works as a secret agent, so does Bella Goth. Luckily, both Bella and Tommy have normal career outifts.

Haven't checked out other careers in this save yet, but I will.

And the last issue I noticed. I was creating a new girl, and while I was picking her clothes, I noticed an unusual hat on her. I don't remember whatever category it was, but she randomly got a panama hat with fish hooks that some male NPC fishers wear. I went to the hats category and found out that there was no such panamas unlocked there. She did have it on her head anyway.
    Post edited by MrSpaceman on
  • Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    This most recent patch fixed my game at least I think it did. Before this most recent patch I couldn't even get the game to load up the main menu without mods and even with mods I could get it to load the main menu but it wasn't stable enough to play the game.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've avoided adding the latest patch. Without it my game is running normally.
    I had a feeling, given that it was a pre-pack patch that it could cause issues, and seeing as how we're now not getting another patch until at least April I'm going to avoid patching my game until then if at all possible.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I am having no issues at all with my game. I also don't use any Mods or CC, this could be why others are experiencing issues but not me.

2ynjgg8.png
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited March 2019
    Wow lots of different responses and votes, it seems some people are ok with the state of the game but others are having serious issues or somewhere in between. OR none at all. A true variety of answers.

I recall Maxis claiming when the Sims 4 released they'd be patching it a lot more thanks to origin and keeping the game in a better state, while they have released a nice share of patches it seems like they are only willing to patch with new content which is a horrible reason to fix your game especially based on the feedback my topic has generated where clearly a lot of people are at least noticing a lot of bugs even if they don't mind them.

Though I have noticed a lot of replies without issues mention not using CC or mods which complicates issues somewhat, because I know some people literally just dump hundreds of CC into their mod folder or don't remove it when updating the game - which in turn creates issues. So its hard to say how much these issues are related outside of the bugs EA has confirmed....
  • zirizezirize Posts: 15 Member
    Some packs have more bugs than other, i think the answer depends on which packs who have, which pack who plays.

Certainly, who are playing Vampire on console now, they can definitely say "it's unplayerable". not - "near unplayable".

Today one member of dev team had to reply on forum to calm people down.

I think who are using(or can access) mods more likely says "the game is ok" because many mods are fixing lots of problems.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2019
    Nothing that makes the game unplayable. The truth be told, it works better now than it did six months ago.

I did have a hilarious glitch with my fraternity where all the guys changed into swimming trunks with women's vampire boots. I really wish I got that on video. I was dying watching Mitch slip and slide in that outfit.

Something weird is going on with the gossip in my game lately, but that might have been something that came with Parenthood.

There is minor teleportation going on, but it is not nearly as bad as it was before. When it happens, it fixes itself almost immediately.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Wow lots of different responses and votes, it seems some people are ok with the state of the game but others are having serious issues or somewhere in between. OR none at all. A true variety of answers.

I recall Maxis claiming when the Sims 4 released they'd be patching it a lot more thanks to origin and keeping the game in a better state, while they have released a nice share of patches it seems like they are only willing to patch with new content which is a horrible reason to fix your game especially based on the feedback my topic has generated where clearly a lot of people are at least noticing a lot of bugs even if they don't mind them.

Though I have noticed a lot of replies without issues mention not using CC or mods which complicates issues somewhat, because I know some people literally just dump hundreds of CC into their mod folder or don't remove it when updating the game - which in turn creates issues. So its hard to say how much these issues are related outside of the bugs EA has confirmed....

I think a lot has to do with people's tolerance level. I use horrifically bugged software at work (with no hope of getting it fixed), so I'm more inclined to look for a workaround or avoid something I know to be bugged than get upset. As long as it's not crashing to desktop (or not allowing me to save), I can work with it. (I don't use mods, but I occasionally use cheats if, say, I can't complete an aspiration because one requirement is bugged.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

I think a lot has to do with people's tolerance level. I use horrifically bugged software at work (with no hope of getting it fixed), so I'm more inclined to look for a workaround or avoid something I know to be bugged than get upset. As long as it's not crashing to desktop (or not allowing me to save), I can work with it. (I don't use mods, but I occasionally use cheats if, say, I can't complete an aspiration because one requirement is bugged.)

I agree with this and find myself quite tolerable. To me calling a game unplayable sounds really harsh (even if a couple of features couldn't be used atm). I remember I considered TS4 unplayeable once - it was when the relationships decayed very rapidly. That made my main rotational save unplayable as I don't use mods to fix things.

For this discussion the question was specifically about the newest patch. For me this patch changed barely a thing. Sure there were older bugs that are still an issue.