Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited February 2019
    This may have been discussed here already, and I might have even mentioned it, but I think Townies/Sims we don't play need to dress for the Seasons weather at hand. Watching them freeze or overheat (and sometimes die) could be done away with if they automatically dressed appropriately. Asking them to see their winter or summer outfit can get cumbersome, so perhaps adding that in for them might be ideal.

Sidenote: I know you can turn off cold and heat effects, but that's no fun imo. Just have them dress for the weather.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    i would love to see cars that i can own in the game and the color wheel plus more stuff for the teens to do including more outfits for teens.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I'd like more kitchen appliances. Like a Kitchenaid type robot for baking or a blender like we had in TS3 that allowed you to make different recipes. And as I already said cooktops (they would make islands more realistic) and wall ovens. More kitchen counters too and the possibility to have for instance one with drawers and another version of it with doors so we could alternate and not have the same counter all over the kitchen, I don't know if I'm very clear though ?

Also more teen stuff to make teen bedrooms more realistic (desks, beds, polaroids, wall decor, clutter, desk stuff/school supplies)

Wall shelves for desks and a printer could be nice.

• MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Something I'd love to see changed in the game is the social event time limit. I feel like it's too short, especially with the way Sims awkwardly pause and hesitate between some actions. It'd be nice if there was a social event that wasn't so limited on time and maybe didn't have all of those goals, like a casual hangout event. I hate not getting to accomplish what I want between my sims before the clock runs out and they all leave my lot.
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 29 Member
    There are so many amazing suggestions here, some I didn't even think of or didn't realise I'd wanted until I read them!

With that being said, here's some things I can think of (they may have been mentioned before, but that makes them even more important in my opinion!)

I'll put them under spoilers so as not to take up too much room.
    The first thing that springs to mind is babies! I'd love to see the babies being freed and interacting with the sims, having more interactions like they did in 2 & 3. I'm a bit sad that it stepped so far backwards in that regard. I'd also love to see more options in their appearance, clothing and objects - such as prams, changing tables, bedding etc.

More interactions between the age groups is another must! I'd love to see kids having more playful interactions with one another, interacting with toddlers and teens/adults and cooing at babies being held. Better interactions in general, as a matter of fact, and ones that are logical and interesting - with both other sims and objects. I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'd love to see more romance options in the game (Sims 2 was great for those). Bring back the slow dancing and adorable sleep-cuddling!

Interactions are part of what makes the game so immersive, I don't think I could get enough of them - and tweak those interactions influenced by mood/trait, because it doesn't seem to do anything at the moment except boost moodlets...it seems a bit pointless.

It'd be really good to have teens, young adults and adults appearing more distinguished from one another. A height slider would probably make a really good impact for that, although I know it's difficult to do by now as it affects so many interactions.

There needs to be a lot more done for buy/build, especially build! It seems to be so limited still, especially with things like apartment spaces. I also wish there was less set dressing, I'd forfeit a pretty but unusable landscape for more lot spaces, even if they are all empty.

It would be nice to see the reintroduction of the NPCs like Firefighters, Police and Burglars, interacting similarly to how they did in TS2. Though, I have to admit, the burglars always scared me in TS2 (rightfully so, I guess). I always was amused by the Hula Zombies in TS2, and other strange additions like the Social Bunny.

I would absolutely love a more developed family tree option that can expand on the relationships with people and will list even distant family members as family - because that is what they still are, after all.

There's probably so many other things, but these are the biggest ones to me - as they are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

With all that being said, I feel a lot of the requests are really reasonable and could (should) have been patched in or released with the base game a long time ago. I'd very happily wait for delayed packs if it meant patches that fixed bugs and added what many of us feel is necessary content, and then I'd wait even longer if it meant the late release packs would be worth every penny - packs filled with a wealth of content that adds to the gameplay rather than detracts from it, packs that really respond to the community and builds on the successes of those from previous Sims games.

I love reading everyone's ideas, I truly and deeply hope that the team will take notes and consider our feedback! ^^
  • SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    Please, for the love of all that's holy, give us what we've all been asking for for AGES!

UNIVERSITY
    CARS
    THE ABILITY TO BUILD OUR OWN APARTMENTS (Even if it's a limit of 3 per lot, it's still something)

Also, I truly, dearly miss the nectar-making skill. And houseboats. And I'd like to be able to make split level houses.

Basically, I think I speak for most of us when I say that you guys nailed it in Sims 2 and 3, and we're desperately missing the staples of those games. I mean, Strangerville is cool and all... But I think we'd have appreciated it more if it had come AFTER the packs we've literally been begging for.
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    Larger worlds. Maybe up it to 20+ lots?
  • Amber_DiPhillipoAmber_DiPhillipo Posts: 12 New Member
    Skeleton occult Sims would be a nice addition as well. For example, skeletons would have the option to have eyes or not have eyes. When they ate food or had a glass of water the food would literally fall out of their jaw seeing as they don't have any muscles to hold food into themselves. With that being said skeletons would also never have to use the bathroom because they could never digest anything. Skeletons would automatically be afraid of dogs because dogs would automatically think that they were a treat, however they would still be able to adopt a dog or cat it just wouldn't be the best choice for them. Sims would automatically be afraid of skeletons but once they were social with each other they would get to know each other and be less afraid. Basically to sum everything up, I want the ability to make Jack Skellington, and his family, because I'm obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas. Creating a Sim that just has ghostly white skin, and the vampire occult option as Jack Skellington, is not going to cut it for me... 😂 🙈 #Whatismylife

Anyways, I would also like to see more diversity in the game which would include the following: Special Needs Sims which would automatically be outcasted by the public regardless of your Fame level but like skeletons once becoming social with people they would be less afraid and also more open. Non simlish speaking Sims, now listen, I understand that the Sims franchise is all about being unique, weird, and Corky, but if any of you have seen the recent trailer for Strangerville you would know that they took the time to animate one of their Sim characters so that actually humans can understand what's going on. Now if you're someone like me you're not going to want to listen to gibberish, or imagine what the Sims are saying to each other that's why it could be an option just like where it says Sims can be opted out of Fame automatically you can have it set in the settings to keep the original Sims Style or change it to a language that you understand. On a side note, maybe this could be a patch update for Pride day?

And finally, I would like to include the following, which have been stated by many of us previously:
    - Cars.
    - Babies as non objects.
    - Stackable, Spiral, L shaped, Flaired, and my personal addition, Carpeting on stairs.
    - University expansion pack.
    - A retro-style stuff pack.
    - Daylight Basements.
    - And much more.

Hopefully the developers will take this advice, but for now we should be grateful for what the developers have brought us, and know that it does take a very long time to work around these additional features.
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    Please please make babies an actual life state.

Other then that, I would like a university expansion, plus actual unique gameplay for the teens (example: going to prom, learning to drive, getting acne).
  • SuuDeeeSuuDeee Posts: 1 New Member
    As a pretty big family player, I would love to see more gameplay and content geared towards families.

Specifically, some ideas and improvements I have are:

*Improve the Family Trees (Show cousins, aunts, uncle's, nieces, nephews, etc)
    *Family Gatherings/Reunions
    *Ability to send kids and teens to stay with relatives
    *More family activities, such as card and board games, puzzles, and maybe even family meetings?
    *There could be sweet or funny mood buffs that come from these activities too
    *More interactions between family members like noogie, and tease/mock between siblings, pat on the head for older family members to younger ones, or maybe even special interactions between grandparents and their grandchildren like sit in lap or something

Also, kind of in the same vein, I would like to see some more attention payed to some of the age groups to make them more interesting and give you more gameplay:

*Kids: sleepovers, school performances, primary school graduation, hand games (Patty cake, rock-paper-scissors, thumb wrestling, etc...)
    *Teens: sneaking out, random acne, high school graduation (as a actual plannable event)
    *Elders: knitting, retirement parties, canes(optional or dependent on fitness level?), special interactions with grandchildren, aches and pains

These are just some things I would like to see, and I know it's a lot. But even if none of this makes it into Sims 4, maybe it can be implemented in the next iteration.

(I also have tons of ideas for romance in the sims, but I think I'll save that for another post)
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2019
    Control over that pesky automation.

All too often I'm finding sims that I'd like to NOT be learning certain skills, off learning something I DO NOT want.
    Neighbours will come in and change channels on the TV, forcing your sim to learn cooking. You'll suddenly feel the need to jog, or woodwork, or paint, or media edit, or...

Just STOP! Breathe...

Give me the option to learn what I want to learn. You have a rewards store. Put the skill bars as rewards (the first one really cheap). This would drive the sim more towards something you'd like them to do. Suddenly, a sim that has a woodwork skill would derive enjoyment from hitting things with a big mallet and chisel. If someone wants to learn every skill in game, just buy lots of skill bars. Every object in the world would be still interactive, but every time I find my sim doing mixology or cooking it would be at a basic level that does not hide the skills I'd like to be learning, or like to see.
    Post edited by tommynocker001 on
    It's almost the same story as above with traits.

My sim has fallen for a celebrity and moved her into my sims home, only to find that she has the mean trait and the worst three bar 'bad reputation'. "Fine" thinks me, "I can change that. She lives in my household now. :)"
    Two hours of trying to change that public image... undone in five minutes... In steps that pesky automation again! Hand buzzer the kids. Rudeness to every guest that so much as glances her way. Cold shoulder her own life partner. I want a way to remove that trait... get her on her way to normality without cheats.

"Oh no." Says the game. "You chose her, now live with it!" :)

Can I get a surgical incision to 'change her ways' from the hospital?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    Another day another suggestion. *Cough* better personalities. *cough*
    BEUEp6O.gif
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2019
    Perhaps it could become a game mechanic? Maybe after the lobotomy, she could spend seven days with bandages on her head and a better attitude... but you'd have to keep her in a neutral state of mind, otherwise the meanness re-emerges bigger and worse than ever!

While you may have had a character change, your neighbour hasn't and may remember you kicked over all his gnomes! His angry rage at you may trigger your trait return...
    Post edited by tommynocker001 on
    edited March 2019
    The fridge is so clustered! The lifestyle is so clustered! Interactions are so clustered! Can't... breathe...

I can't find any of the emotes or interactions on that pesky wheel! Perhaps if there was a mechanic where I could set my sim so that MY favourites could be just a click away rather than the game suggesting the interaction it deems appropriate (see above^^)? I DON'T want to flirt, I don't want to be mean... why is the 'Get to know' interaction so many clicks away? Am I supposed to pause the game every... single... time... I... want... to... use... it??? Multiply that in a party or gathering and realize just how cumbersome your 'easy to navigate' interaction wheel has become!

Somewhere should be a setting for the interactions. Allow me to flag the interactions I'd like to see more often.
    Same with the skills.
    Same with the fridge. Give me five 'slots' in the fridge, allow me to choose the meals I'd like my sim to eat.

Let me CREATE the pizza eating, mean, social media slob that I want my sim to be! :blush:

Edit; [Lobotomy alert!] I've changed my mind! Can I be a good, friendly, charitable neighbour now? :)
    edited March 2019
    I will just add, as a footnote that the Sims 4 "Get Famous" is possibly my... favourite expansion so far! :)

I like to think of the Sims 4 as a fine whine. Indulge too often and the glass... hic... glasses... often looks Half FuLLer than what IT should BE... hic!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If you guys ever decide to update babies, can you include one of these toys so we can lay them on a blanket and leave them to play. It could raise some sort of skill that could help them when they are toddlers.
    kawa-414998-d.jpg
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is more a question rather than a request. Why is The Sims 4 so poor in animations? I mean... no cars (to go to work, buses to go to school, you know!) why are sims just teleported? Why are elevators from City Living so useful without being a... proper evelator?? And now the laptops... they are always open and the only difference between them and the other computers is the ability to put them in inventary... in The Sims 3 we could use them on the floor, etc... Why is The Sims 4 like this??? Siriously!! We need answers! I don't buy the "performance" thing at all! Im talking about little details! Do you ever asked yourself why The Sims 2 after 15 years stills the most popular in the community? That game was detail after detail and even kitchen stands were usable!!! And customization... Remember that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 gave us ability to edit our worlds? Oh man... good times!!! I feel like EA does not give Maxis the support they really need. EA just cares about money despite the quality of the product! I know The Sims 4 have its good things but the omissions completely cover them! In the end, The Sims 4 with its 6/7 years of existance it will never overcome its predecessors. Sadly!
  • thekillergreecethekillergreece Posts: 14 New Member
    NEW Services: Police, Firefighter.
    Also, add Burglars as well.

Burglars should be spawned extremely randomly and their spawn should be a bit frequenty if the house has full of rich stuff or the income of Sim is high. A burglar alarm should be added and placed by the door or the Sim can call the police.
    Sims who have hot-headed trait or Brave (if it will be implemented), they should be able to fight the burglar but the chances should be low.
    Police officers should have 50/50 chance to win the fight.

If there is a fire on the lot, a Fire alarm can summon firefighter automatically or the Sim can call one.

Not sure why those features are overlooked by the team.
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    This is more a question rather than a request. Why is The Sims 4 so poor in animations? I mean... no cars (to go to work, buses to go to school, you know!) why are sims just teleported? Why are elevators from City Living so useful without being a... proper evelator?? And now the laptops... they are always open and the only difference between them and the other computers is the ability to put them in inventary... in The Sims 3 we could use them on the floor, etc... Why is The Sims 4 like this??? Siriously!! We need answers! I don't buy the "performance" thing at all! Im talking about little details! Do you ever asked yourself why The Sims 2 after 15 years stills the most popular in the community? That game was detail after detail and even kitchen stands were usable!!! And customization... Remember that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 gave us ability to edit our worlds? Oh man... good times!!! I feel like EA does not give Maxis the support they really need. EA just cares about money despite the quality of the product! I know The Sims 4 have its good things but the omissions completely cover them! In the end, The Sims 4 with its 6/7 years of existance it will never overcome its predecessors. Sadly!

I couldn't agree more. :(

I'd love to these these cut corners fixed. I no longer play TS4 but I stick around because I love the history of the franchise.
  • CazGamingUltraCazGamingUltra Posts: 8 New Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > Hello Simmers,
    >
    > We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.
    >
    > Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?
    >
    > Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

One thing that really tickles my nose is the fact we only have alien sims, not alien dogs and cats, plus giving aliens powers that normal sims don't get (E.G No need for hunger or tiredness, e.c.t e.c.t e.c.t)

Another one based off the alien idea is add different occults. People are asking for fairies and mermaids and just things like that. And pet wise, people are also asking for DRAGON pets.

Another really highlighted thing on behalf of the Sims 4: Get To Work expansion pack is diseases. People want diseases that can kill their sims. (They want things like bloaty head and pneumonia, common cold and flu, and some even said they want epidemics in game!)

Another thing that I would REALLY LOVE to see in game is a whole load of FARM ANIMALS! Then we can create farms in game! And harvest meats from them!

Thank you for reading!
    Adios, CazGamingUltra
    Also, I just came up with EVEN MORE things I would like for TS4 or TS5 (When it comes out obviously) to include.

And another thing! Like TS3, Put in the cars and all, add bikes, AND PLEASE ADD MORE TRAITS!

One thing, I would LOVE the idea to edit and create certain traits. (Allows simmers in CAS to say for example, how often their sim is happy, sad, focused, tense, dazed e.c.t e.c.t e.c.t AND allows simmers to create their own traits for unique sims)

Another thing that makes me so fustrated is that in TS3, you have a much better selection of colours of hair eyes and it allows you to create CUSTOM OUTFITS. Different abstract, leather and more types could be used to create that suit, and you could choose more than one.

The last thing which LITERALLY almost puts me off in CAS creating aliens is that, YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE PINK, PURPLE, BLUE OR GREEN AND NOT ANY OTHER COLOUR! PLEASE ADD THIS STUFF!
    > @tommynocker001 said:
    > It's almost the same story as above with traits.
    >
    > My sim has fallen for a celebrity and moved her into my sims home, only to find that she has the mean trait and the worst three bar 'bad reputation'. "Fine" thinks me, "I can change that. She lives in my household now. :)"
    > Two hours of trying to change that public image... undone in five minutes... In steps that pesky automation again! Hand buzzer the kids. Rudeness to every guest that so much as glances her way. Cold shoulder her own life partner. I want a way to remove that trait... get her on her way to normality without cheats.
    >
    > "Oh no." Says the game. "You chose her, now live with it!" :)
    >
    > Can I get a surgical incision to 'change her ways' from the hospital?

Is the celeb Judith Ward by any chance?
    Is the celeb Judith Ward by any chance?

Oh yes, that's her. It was the hair, you know? It was nothing to do with the spare 500,000 simoleans she had... ;)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why can't we still skip over CAS when making a new save and just go straight into manage worlds to select a pre-made household to play?

Why isn't there a randomise traits button in CAS and on aging up?

These two things are so ridiculously simple yet not in a 4 years old game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top