Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone currently have a sim in the Science Career?

I'm trying to narrow down the issue, and I'm not yet wanting to say it's a patch issue yet. Yesterday before the patch my sim and her co-workers in the Science Career were wearing their appropriate work attire. But today they are wearing different outfits, and the outfit my sim is wearing, I know for a fact this is not one of her choices. Anyone who has a sim who works in the Science Career, could you check to see if your sim is wearing their lab coats to work? Could you please let me know if they are wearing their work attire or are they wearing something else?

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I've seen multiple reports on the forums of this happening. Given the timing, it is most likely a result of yesterday's patch.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This issue is obviously caused by a code that assigns the new StrangerVille outfits to GTW scientists. Unfortunately the devs have forgotten to enable the old outfits as well. I know this is no consolation, but the new scientists look terrific:

WKM0WSF.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thanky @alanmichael1 for this. I have the new pack, I'll go in and check out my science crew now. :)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    @LaBlue0314 I don't have the strangerville pack, but I have GTW. Would you want someone else to check, or are you good now that you know the cause? Although I'm not sure how much help I'd really be -- before the patch I didn't have any co-workers at all, but I haven't checked since.
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    @LaBlue0314 I don't have the strangerville pack, but I have GTW. Would you want someone else to check, or are you good now that you know the cause? Although I'm not sure how much help I'd really be -- before the patch I didn't have any co-workers at all, but I haven't checked since.

I believe the no-co-workers-at-all bug happens if you don't have Get Famous installed.

There is an extensive thread about the science outfits at the EA HQ help forum. I think someone already made a simple mod to fix the issue.
    @alanmichael1 ah, thanks. That'd be it then, as I don't have GF. Do you know if anyone has modded that particular bug, the no co-workers one? I don't know much about mods, but I'd be willing to try if it meant not having my sim work in isolation every day.
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    @alanmichael1 ah, thanks. That'd be it then, as I don't have GF. Do you know if anyone has modded that particular bug, the no co-workers one? I don't know much about mods, but I'd be willing to try if it meant not having my sim work in isolation every day.

I think there is a workaround:

Jump via manage world into some townie households and let 4 or 5 Sims choose the science career with their smartphones. These Sims should appear as co-workers.
    Thanks SO much! I'll try this tomorrow when I have a chance 😊
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm trying to narrow down the issue, and I'm not yet wanting to say it's a patch issue yet. Yesterday before the patch my sim and her co-workers in the Science Career were wearing their appropriate work attire. But today they are wearing different outfits, and the outfit my sim is wearing, I know for a fact this is not one of her choices. Anyone who has a sim who works in the Science Career, could you check to see if your sim is wearing their lab coats to work? Could you please let me know if they are wearing their work attire or are they wearing something else?

this is a bug.
    I get this bug a lot since get to work first came out.
    no matter which career, some times my sims turn up in normal clothing, however, the co workers normally have been dressed in work clothing!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2019
    marcel21 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

this is a bug.
    I get this bug a lot since get to work first came out.
    no matter which career, some times my sims turn up in normal clothing, however, the co workers normally have been dressed in work clothing!

It seems that after StrangerVille was added to my game, the problem was fixed, also they have new lab coats. The picture @alanmichael1 posted is what the new science uniforms look like. The women have one little addition, they are all wearing dark fingerless gloves.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2019
    It is a bug, the developer team messed up the snippet tuning files. Here is a link to the bug on answer hq: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Sims-are-wearing-wrong-outfits-career/td-p/7541495
    While the strangerville pack will give your coworkers lab outfits back I am not sure how it will work for your played sim since he/she are not using just one lab coat through the whole career.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Never actually seen that... and I use science career a lot. The only time NPCs don't wear their labcoat is when I use the Sim Zapper to force them into their other clothes. :P