Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want for your baby?

Alot of us want to free our babies from the cradle, but what would YOU do with them?!

What do you want for your baby? 213 votes

I want to walk them in strollers!
32%
Akl500PLaBlue0314aprilrosexbecky685xAlexaiHowGreatThouArtColorist40candystormStardust123AlrynnIsb917joelygirlsims2PinkiePie618asimbsimMeteoraStormelanorbretonDESERTFLOWER1981cchant86vivica86Vampellia 70 votes
We need walkers!
4%
alan650111Wiggles007BluelleAmj1995LizzychicagoLukeNathalieCellardwellershannonavaccarrig_95Ja_rde 10 votes
ALL for the Bouncers
11%
icmnfrshBluefairy286Kita5399Kathy090660mcruddStrangerthanIrdiwenRadioAChickenElokaBugginbabs78puddleduck1papertonguefloridameerkatMoonfoxNightcryThenyoukissmeSavvySimmieemilygabrielle95Internal_ChaosLairabrndltn_by 24 votes
Just let them crawl dude
22%
auroraael14MLadyAzzerainvisiblgirlmock68Scarbo27barracuda1574sekojranaKaeChan2089naomehChanty25HimRumitaydevduhboy2u2pixiejuiceSerendipity38snikkipooSeptJanOctfiercephoenix91SummerStreakEmeraldEagle33 48 votes
highchairs?!!
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote
other (plz specify)
28%
vancanuckfan86GalacticGalIcewolfIceyJstoryyPlayerSinger2010HeyHeyyWritin_Regsimm621GoldenBuffyMariefoxprice83simgirl1010friendlysimmersJestTrufruitsbasket101alanmichael1ladybreidmlmeadowskeenowLustianicia 60 votes

Comments

• SilentSaphire21SilentSaphire21 Posts: 45 Member
    i think a stroller would be sooo cooooool ;)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I just want to be able to see their needs.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I'd like to be able to put them on the floor again. I don't know why.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    other (plz specify)
    to grow up fast :D
    sorry couldn't resist...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

QueenMercy wrote: »
    I just want to be able to see their needs.

RIGHT?!
    Cupid wrote: »

That would techically be the crawl choice
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    other (plz specify)
    Just let me see their needs. I don't need any of that other stuff just let me see their needs.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    other (plz specify)
    Cupid wrote: »

That would techically be the crawl choice

I don't want them to crawl. I just want to leave them on the floor like in TS2 >:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    other (plz specify)
    Sims 2 babies.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I don't need anything from babies. In real life, there isn't a lot you can do with a baby anyway! Maybe seeing their needs would be great, and maybe picking them up for a cuddle, and walking with them, to cuddles on the couch, or even co-sleeping, but I don't care for strollers, leaving them on the floor, bouncers, crawling or anything you added. I'm happy with babies, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I don't really mind the babies as they are, I age them up asap anyway. But it might be nice to be able to carry them around and maybe put them down somewhere besides the bassinet for more interesting photos. Right now all the baby photos are the same picture really so I don't have any of them on display despite them having lots of other pictures around the house.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I want all these, but I want to establish a relationship. Infants say their first word, sit up for the first time, learn to crawl, laugh for the first time...parents could be involved with all of this yet the babies just lie there like absolutely nothing happens in this life stage.

I want to at least be able to carry them/put them in stroller and take walks and take them to lots by our houses that dont have load screens. I want rocking chairs back. Those were so nice in sims 3. We could hold and rock our babies. I want to build a usable nursery with functional changing table, cribs, bouncers etc...

Soooooo much happens in the first 12 months of life so a lot could be done here. Not sure why people think babies dont do anything unless they probably never had children. That infant stage where they just lie in a bassinet and do nothing only lasts for like a month or two. Most of the first year of infancy is very eventful.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited March 2019
    other (plz specify)
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd like my sim to be able to carry them around the home and maybe sit on the couch and hold them. I'd like to be able to change the way they dress and have more bassinet types/colors. I'd like to be able to use a changing table and bathe them in either a table top set up (prob easiest to animate for clipping possibilities) or a sink. I'd like to be able to hand the baby from one sim to another (adult to adult or teen). I'd like to put them on a mat on the floor, maybe with some toy overhang thing for them to wiggle their arms at. I'd like younger children to be able to look at them or engage with the bassinet or other objects that we could attach them too to some extent also. That's about it.
    I really don't care if we travel with them.. I know it's realistic to travel and want other things but not being a huge family player I just want some basics for the short time that I keep them babies.
    This is basically it. Perhaps also a playmat. Most of all I'd like to be able to carry them from one place to other and customise their looks.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    There's several options I would like but out of those I guess strollers with my favorite so we can take them for walks. I would also like to see them playing on a playmat or being able to crawl.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd like my sim to be able to carry them around the home and maybe sit on the couch and hold them. I'd like to be able to change the way they dress and have more bassinet types/colors. I'd like to be able to use a changing table and bathe them in either a table top set up (prob easiest to animate for clipping possibilities) or a sink. I'd like to be able to hand the baby from one sim to another (adult to adult or teen). I'd like to put them on a mat on the floor, maybe with some toy overhang thing for them to wiggle their arms at. I'd like younger children to be able to look at them or engage with the bassinet or other objects that we could attach them too to some extent also. That's about it.
    I really don't care if we travel with them.. I know it's realistic to travel and want other things but not being a huge family player I just want some basics for the short time that I keep them babies.

OMG thats awsome thx for sharing!
    edited March 2019
    soko37 wrote: »
    I want all these, but I want to establish a relationship. Infants say their first word, sit up for the first time, learn to crawl, laugh for the first time...parents could be involved with all of this yet the babies just lie there like absolutely nothing happens in this life stage.

I want to at least be able to carry them/put them in stroller and take walks and take them to lots by our houses that dont have load screens. I want rocking chairs back. Those were so nice in sims 3. We could hold and rock our babies. I want to build a usable nursery with functional changing table, cribs, bouncers etc...

Soooooo much happens in the first 12 months of life so a lot could be done here. Not sure why people think babies dont do anything unless they probably never had children. That infant stage where they just lie in a bassinet and do nothing only lasts for like a month or two. Most of the first year of infancy is very eventful.

IKR u listed everything parents could miss out on...in real life my mother has missed the first 12 years of my life. :'(

Edited to remove reference to real life age. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I really do not need them to change too much. I just want a bigger variety of cribs, and I get that with CC.
    I really do not need them to change too much. I just want a bigger variety of cribs, and I get that with CC.

lucky...i dont get cc im on console lol
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    other (plz specify)

lucky...i dont get cc im on console lol

No mods and cc is just one reason I would never play on console. My teen tried it for console and hated/was too frustrated with the controls. We prefer the precision of a mouse.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    I...honestly dont really mind the babies the way that they are. Unpopular opinion, I know. It doesnt really bother me. I dont play for the babies. I prefer parenting with children and teenagers to toddlers and babies. Though, a bit of baby freedom would be nice. I would love an interaction to place them in a stroller and go on walks. It would also be really cute if teenager siblings and even children (only if related) could take them on walks. It would be cute to see a child's head barely poking over the top of a stroller as they push their baby sibling down the street.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    other (plz specify)
    More cribs would be welcome but otherwise I am fine with them as they are. I'd rather they spent time improving toddlers, kids, teens and elders.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    More cribs would be welcome but otherwise I am fine with them as they are. I'd rather they spent time improving toddlers, kids, teens and elders.

Same. I dont really mind babies the way they are. Sure, updates like being able to choose a nicer crib or an animation to take them for a walk would be nice, BUT I'd rather they focus their energy otherwise. More clothes for toddlers and children. MORE HAIRSTYLES FOR TODDLERS! More teen specific animations. Some love for elders. Right now I feel like they just sit around waiting to die. It's depressing. Knitting, being able to invite grandchildren over to spend the night, and other grandparent related interactions would be awesome.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    + Others.

Better Genetics:

* Hair, Eyebrow, Skin and Eye Color from the Parents or even the Grandparents
    * Having the Options to put clothes for the Babys, the Producer could design some for the first time, you could also enter CAS to add Accessories on your Baby.

And when walking them on a strollers… please give us a Twin stroller this time...
    Not only strollers though, it would be nice to wrap up the Baby in a blanket and go for a walk or doing other stuff while the baby is resting at mommas back or something.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    The babies are okay the way they are at the moment. I would like to see strollers or wagons to pull/push toddlers around in. I would love to see baby carrying, like sling/ wraps etc. That way the parents could bond/ take care of needs with the babies while doing other things. I honestly would like more things for toddlers and teens
    EA ID burnished_dragon