Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dryer?!

By the way I don't have any expansion packs as I just recently bought the game.I bought the ultra wishy washer from the Sims 3 store,but after the clothes are finished washing I tried to dry them but I needed a clothes line or a dryer,I don't have enough to buy a dryer and I bought a clothes rack instead thinking it would dry the clothes but it doesn't work,so can I buy a clothes line from the shop? :)

Comments

• jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi there! I'm not sure whether or not the store sells clothes lines as I've never actually seen them in the store. I did send you a little something to help you out! Enjoy! :)

I see you might be new to the forums, so click the little present on the top right hand ride of the screen. :)
  • StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited January 2011
    Good afternoon,

As long as you are new here, you should visit the thread below because there you can find almost all free items from "The Sims 3 Store":

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/301961.page

Enjoy :)
  • vicc_xvicc_x Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks for the help! :D i clicked on the present and there was nothing there though? :?:
    edited January 2011
    vicc_x wrote:
    thanks for the help! :D i clicked on the present and there was nothing there though? :?:

It should show up soon...! At least it better!
    edited January 2011
    Well, it says in my purchase history that it sent, so hopefully it shows up! Let me know on here whether it finds you or not!
  • StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited January 2011
    You should open your e-mail right now.
  • vicc_xvicc_x Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2011
    still nothing,hmm i dont know :lol:
  • TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited January 2011
    Some times the gifts dont show here, check the email you log onto (here) with, and you should have an email from EA saying, You have a gift!

I don't know why it dosen't but several ppl have said that it some times doesn't work. I hope it finds you soon!
    edited January 2011
    Have you tried checking your e-mail or purchase history, vicc_x? It might show up in there...

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2011
    jkstens wrote:
    Have you tried checking your e-mail or purchase history, vicc_x? It might show up in there...

I hope you see this vicc_x! If your gifts didn't get to you, I'll have to call customer support, because it's in my purchase history and I was charge! I felt bad that your sims had to walk around in wet clothes! ;)
  • BlueMurderBlueMurder Posts: 418 Member
    edited January 2011
    i have found i was gifted from a lovely lady but the email didnt arrive for over 24 hours later, i hope it arrives, better late than never, so good of you justine.

vicc_x i think if you go look at those items in the store they may well allow you to download them, it will register as you owning the item after justine gifted you it. isn't she a sweetie!
  • AedophAedoph Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    vicc_x wrote:
    By the way I don't have any expansion packs as I just recently bought the game.I bought the ultra wishy washer from the Sims 3 store,but after the clothes are finished washing I tried to dry them but I needed a clothes line or a dryer,I don't have enough to buy a dryer and I bought a clothes rack instead thinking it would dry the clothes but it doesn't work,so can I buy a clothes line from the shop? :)

I'm kinda new and I need a laundry washer and dryer cause my sims are randomly having clothes around and it's scary because I don't know where the butler is leaving them.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    There also is a clothes line in the game - but it may have came with the ep that first gave sims the washer and dryer. Generations I think it was - but not positive. It was so long ago. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited May 2014
    Laundromat was introduced by EP02 Ambition and I think, this contains also clothes line.
    I remember one set laundromat-dryer from Ambitions,
    another from SP 04 Townlife,
    another set from EP 09 University
    (and 3 sets from Store all enclosed in big set Loads of Laundry).
    Dirty clothes are collected in hamper (you can simply drag those in live mode or if yours sim is neat, he will collect them simself after you order him "Clean house").
    If you won't dirty clothes around yours house and won't make laundry you may use some decorative CC laundromat without laundromat functions or place Laundromat in family inventory.
    I know, it isn't best solution, but I'm making laundry for my RL family and I find it not funny in game. :wink:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Jbedo1983Jbedo1983 Posts: 5 New Member
    I want to buy the ultra dryer, but it said I do not own this item and to visit the store. The problem is I used sim points to buy it at the store! It took the points and wont download. I know I may have to wait, but a box still pops up saying I do not own this item!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    @Jbedo1983 - Hello, did you try logging out, and logging back into your account? Usually that does the trick, but if it doesn't you may have to contact EA Customer Support.
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    edited January 2016
    @Franny -I don't have an expantion pack, but all of the other laundromat items are there. I'm I missing something?
    What does requires addintional game play mean.......Is this item just not unlocked yet? If so what do I do to unlock the ultra dryer?
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Jbedo1983 wrote: »
    What does requires addintional game play mean.......Is this item just not unlocked yet? If so what do I do to unlock the ultra dryer?

@jbedo1983 - Sorry I didn't respond to you earlier, but um when it says you need additional gameplay that means you probably need a specific expansion pack. Just looking at the dryers in The Sims 3 store, are you talking about the green star below the buy/download button? When I hovered over that it said "Item includes Additional Gameplay," but that seems to be different than what you are asking me, correct?

Well since Ambitions came with Laundry, the button is letting us know that the Laundry includes additional game-play even without Ambitions.

So basically you do not need a specific EP to use the store items that add additonal gameplay options. (Doing Laundry)

It is a 2-for-1 item. Adds the ability to do Laundry to a game and is an item for that gameplay option.

Just a little warning: if you don't have Ambitions you will need both a washer and dryer from the laundry set because you won't have a working clothesline to hang the washing.
    If you don't want Sims to dump their clothes on the floor you will need to get a hamper as well.

Please check out this website that talks about the washer, and dryers. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Laundry
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • LunaKittenRSLunaKittenRS Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't make a post with my problem. But I don't have the option to buy a dryer at all. I have enough SimPoints, but the only options for me are Washer, and 2 different kinds of hampers. No dryer. I can't even take the clothes out of my washing machine?? Please help.
    I only have the base Sims 3 Game by the way. If I can buy the washing machine with SimPoints why can't I buy a dryer??
    I'm just going to get rid of the washing machine for now until I can actually play and do laundry properly.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2016, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top