The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get multiple boyfriends/girlfriends with romance sims...

I have a question and I hope someone can help me..it's driving me crazy! So, for the sims who have the "have 10 girlfriends/boyfriends at once" aspiration, how can you get more than one? My sims have no problem asking one person to go steady, but won't even show the option for anyone else (even if their relationship is as high as it can go). I have this problem even when the "romantic interest" doesn't have another partner, commitment issues, etc. Is there a bug in my game or am I missing something? Thanks to anyone for the help... :)

Comments

• NatashadgNatashadg Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just full filled the heart breaker wish. You need to break up with your current boyfriend/girlfriend and then move on and ask the next victim to go steady.
  • MedeousMedeous Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited July 2009
    to fulfill the heartbreaker wish, you need to "go steady" then "break up" with 10 different sims. Love em and leave em sort of thing. You can't actually be the bf/gf of 10 different people simultaneously. :lol:
  • MerrienMerrien Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Natashadg wrote:
    I just full filled the heart breaker wish. You need to break up with your current boyfriend/girlfriend and then move on and ask the next victim to go steady.

Muwahahaha . . . I wondered how to do this too! Thanks for the info, I may just make a new Sim for this now :D
  • awkwardbaby26awkwardbaby26 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Break up, then move onto the next one.
    Obviously, if you are already the love interest of many sims, you can get together and break up with them in a relatively short time, completing the wish.
  • SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Monogamy sux.
  • txbookworm2003txbookworm2003 Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2009
    That's not cool. I worked hard to get Don to accept my girl's proposal of going steady. I was going to have him complete that lifetime want, but I don't know about that now...
  • Limabean74Limabean74 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2009
    Darn that messed me all up. I had my teen and wanted her to have a bunch if love interests so when she gets to adult she has the pick of the litter. But i asked one guy to b her boyfriend and now if they break up it wont' work. DARN DARN DARN totally messed that up.

with that said can if you break up with someone will they take you back? or pretty much the relationship is over?
  • mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh they take you back if your relationship is high enough. My sim couple got together and broke up like 5 times. They were very on again off again.
  • itsmyyaamyitsmyyaamy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2010
    oh wow. so glad this got answered. I was flirting my behind off and never got the go steady option. It did however give my charisma one heck of a boost trying.
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    I have a question and I hope someone can help me..it's driving me crazy! So, for the sims who have the "have 10 girlfriends/boyfriends at once" aspiration, how can you get more than one? My sims have no problem asking one person to go steady, but won't even show the option for anyone else (even if their relationship is as high as it can go). I have this problem even when the "romantic interest" doesn't have another partner, commitment issues, etc. Is there a bug in my game or am I missing something? Thanks to anyone for the help... :)

Hi and welcome to the forum
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    itsmyyaamy wrote:
    oh wow. so glad this got answered. I was flirting my behind off and never got the go steady option. It did however give my charisma one heck of a boost trying.

Hi and welcome to the forum
  • shiningchanshiningchan Posts: 6
    edited February 2011
    To go on and off you can just type ctrl+shift+c and type testingcheatesenabled true, then go to the friends tab, and drag the meter and you'll be best friends, and just flirt a bit and you can get the option, then just break up and go to the next person, but if you want to get back with that person, do the same thing, just drag the meter, it's really helpful if youre just goofing off and testing like i do a lot! :)
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    You can't have more than one gf/bf at the same time. You have to break up with the current and move on to the next.
  • rocksushirocksushi Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    To do this you need generations expansion pack and it works for teens currently. you have your sims date on sim and when prom comes along make that sim ask out thier romantic interest. and during the prom when they are enjoying themselves and when the box that :?: comes up that says go out with that sim click yes. then in the relationship que of the game you will have two boyfriends/girlfriends :D
  • trevanismithtrevanismith Posts: 89 New Member
    edited March 2012
    DON'T DO THE BREAK UP WITH PEOPLE DON'T EVEN DATE THEM JUST HAVE THEM AS A ROMANTIC INTEREST.
  • CurliestCurliest Posts: 303
    edited March 2012
    If you want to complete the wish and in the end have Don with this girl simply do friendly interactions until the conversation is 'Friendly' or maybe 'Social'. Under the friends tab there will be an option to 'Just Be Friends' or if you don't care about being mean, the same option is under the 'Mean' tab.
  • rollason88rollason88 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the infor ive been trying to figure that one out for ages ... feel stupid for not knowing now lol ... oh well plan goes out the window!!
  • postman33810postman33810 Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2013
    But, I tried that, when I broke up with a gf, I clicked on the lifetime wish and it read 0/10 again.
  • becky3379becky3379 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    i have gone onto options and made my young adult sim live for 341 days until she ages up, so i can get loads of boyfriends!!!! my record is 25!!! :D
  • Brooklyn777Brooklyn777 Posts: 19 Member
    I hope someone can answer my question, so i populated a world that i created, so as im skimming threw an checking out different families, i noticed the wife was mad at the husband an when i looked closely i see that he cheated an had another fiance but him an his wife is married, it even had the option to announce engagement to his wife, so my question is, how do you have more than one fiance or wife or even girlfriend because that was a family that was already created, i had no clue you can do that in the game, normally you can just have more than one love interest, not all that extra juicy stuff lol
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2014, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top