Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer longer or shorter announce-to-release cycles?

Comments

• SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Shorter. I’d like to be surprised or I hate waiting
    Shorter, I hate waiting.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Longer. I prefer knowing packs as early as possible
    I prefer longer, gave time to look forward to. I can also understand those that choice shorter, as i no longer pre purchase till last min, due to failer to deliver content expected.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Shorter. If it's too long I'll lose excitement for it and then not buy it on release
    caitytrina.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Not so long it feels like forever, but long enough so as to allow those on a limited budget to plan for the expense, and also to see blogs, livestreams etc.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I' don't care.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I don't want a really long cycle or anything. I just hate going so long without hearing anything. But I would really like it if a pack were announced a couple months ahead of time, so we could all talk about it and pump each other up for it. Plus getting more and more details over a couple months' time is super exciting too! Completely radio silence on the other hand? That's just disheartening.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Longer, but not like 2-3 months we'd get in Sims 3. But I'd like to know more than the week before. Builders might start builds and players might start games that the new stuff would fit right in for. I know they could edit stuff in, but still...it'd be like..."if only I had waited a few more days!"
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I like shorter announcements; it leads to a lot more speculation and build up instead of sitting back and waiting for something for a year. I noticed for myself, when new packs get announced, I have a hard time playing the game as is when I'm waiting on new information.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    A bit of both. I hate going so long without hearing anything but I also hate waiting to actually get the pack
  • BloodGoddess77BloodGoddess77 Posts: 8 New Member
    I prefer shorter because I hate the long waits.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    I miss the old days when we learned the theme of the next pack 6 months in advance. The wait was longer but the speculation was fun. I wish the devs would give us the theme well in advance so we could submit ideas for things we would like see in the pack. Some of the ideas in this forum are truly amazing and should be incorporated.

This.

If they came out right now and said "We're working on University, but it won't be released until Novemeber." I'd be thrilled! They don't have to say anything more than that. Don't tell us what's in it. I'd love to speculate and share ideas.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Shorter works better for me. When it is a long time to wait I get a bit tired of the pack before it is even released.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    This pack sort of appeared from nowhere. Kindda strange... ;P Almost missed it, didn't have it on the radar at all... Curious surprise!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'd like a couple of weeks. The speculation, the wild guesses, the antici...

...pation.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I definitely prefer a bit longer than the Strangerville release, mainly because I need some time to make my households ready for the new content. Also because I like getting small pieces of information over a couple of weeks, but not for so long/not so much info that I feel I have already experienced all about the pack.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2019
    I vote "It doesn't matter" because both get side effects :

- Shorter = We spend more time to wait for something, it's a very long silence
    - Longer = Impatience and overhype, the speculations/expectations are higher than the reality, it may cause a disappointment even if the pack is good.

I dislike both situations.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm not saying I need to know a year in advance or even six months but they don't announce anything till just a couple weeks before release while we go several months without information. I don't think teasing or announcing tid bits a couple months in advance is much to ask for. It gives us plenty of time to speculate and have fun with what's to come next and allows us to know something about what they're working on and planning for the series. Which in turn could make the game more fun as you won't get so bored of it so quickly as we do now when things aren't announced till next to release date.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I don't enjoy the long information droughts. It would be better if we had a stuff pack or two a year to tide us over, on March 13 it will have been a year since the last stuff pack.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This poll is still amazing me. It seems like so many people are always asking for information. I better not see any of you shorter voters asking for information..LOL :p
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I like having things to look forward to. It's boring not knowing anything.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wouldn't want to have a year of knowing before coming out. The agony of waiting would kill me. Lol. But, 2-3 months to get excited and speculate would be nice. With these release in a week trailers, it's kind of hard to get pumped for them. I need time to set aside money and talk to other players, see if they think it will be worth it. A week isnt long enough.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm impatient. 😅 Plus I don't always buy packs immediately, so if there's one I want but I need/want a sale to buy it, I have less time to not have it if the announcement is shorter. 🙂
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    So back in TS3 we’ve had packs that were announced almost a whole year before release (Into The Future for example). Now we have StrangerVille that’s announced less than a week before release. Would you rather have packs to be announced as early as possible, or as late as possible?

As late as possible as the 1 -2 month wait after an ep announcement is just horrible.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I vote "It doesn't matter" because both are side effects :

- Shorter = We spend more time to wait for something, it's a very long silence
    - Longer = Impatience and overhype, the speculations/expectations are higher than the reality, it may cause a disappointment even if the pack is good.

I dislike both situations.

Haha, this is so true. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    While I’d be all for knowing what packs we’ll be getting months or even up to a year in advance, my impatience defeats that desire. If they announced a pack that I was really excited for, I’d hate having to wait so long for it to be released.