Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your least fav expansion pack

Comments

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cats and dogs
    Cats & Dogs. I don't dislike it, it's just my least used EP and I wasn't super excited about it when it came out. Mostly I just use the world it came with and a few CAS & build/buy assets without playing with pets often. I get much more use out of other EPs.

Seasons was a close second, for the same reasons. I didn't buy it for the weather (though I don't dislike having changing weather and seasons, it's just a new backdrop and not as game-changing for me as it was for others) and only use certain CAS & build/buy assets.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Seasons
    Mainly because people complain about it a lot and I get the sense that it was not implemented very well and creates mucho problems and bugginess with everything. Also, there's no snow depth... for me, that would be the whole point of even having snow.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Seasons
    Except for the skating rinks I hate everything about it. It is the reason I quit playing Sims 4. If I could take it off I would and would still be able to play. As it is I got tired of the game freezing and the way it totally messed up gardening. I come back when there is something new and as soon as I try to play I am reminded of how much it ruined everything. :(
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs has taken that title. I just can’t stop comparing it to its Sims 3 cousin and also how the additional stuff pack was handled left a bad impression on me too.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs for sure. I think these are the worse pets to date. They literally drive me crazy. Only one family has pets the delgatos and when they die, no one will ever get pets again. I can't see learned behavior, their needs, personalities just nothing...I didn't want to control them but I do want to keep them happy. I just don't want to guess what the pet needs all the time. When their children were younger, that household gave me a headache.

Yeah and that stuff pack....
  • museman98museman98 Posts: 2,158 Member
    Get together
    It was a tough decision for me but I would have to say my least favorite is Get Together. I don’t really use any of the features in the pack besides the town that came with it. I wasn’t really a big fan of the idea when it was first announced and I’m still not a big fan of it. It barely held my attention when I did get it. I’m just not that into my sims getting into clubs and groups since all they have time for is working and fulfilling their aspirations.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Cats and dogs
    I'd say Cats and Dogs - not because it's a bad pack, but the pets packs have traditionally been my least favorite (even though I've had pets my whole life). They're fun every now and then, but quite honestly I only bought the pack because of Brant and Brent (also it was on sale).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Seasons
    I have a love-hate relationship with Seasons. It's added another dimension to the game, but it conflicts with City Living and Get Famous and seems to be really buggy.

Get to Work is kind of meh, but at least it isn't buggy.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Get to work
    I loved the idea of Get to Work but there is just so much about it that just doesn't work well enough for me. Active Careers are buggy and more of following a checklist while surrounded by Sims who don't actually do any work. Retail feels broken and sadly not up to the way it used to be in OFB from The Sims 2. Aliens are fun enough but they aren't too different from regular Sims.

Granted it was the first EP but I feel there was enough previous ideas from past games to make the EP better than it turned out.

I'm trying not to be too negative. I am loving TS4 more so than ever but there are certain things that irk me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Seasons
    I have a love-hate relationship with Seasons. It's added another dimension to the game, but it conflicts with City Living and Get Famous and seems to be really buggy.

Get to Work is kind of meh, but at least it isn't buggy.

Oh you are so wrong about that......
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ahandle101ahandle101 Posts: 10 New Member
    Cats and dogs
    Cats and dogs. Not that it's bad, just that I enjoy the gameplay elements of the other packs more.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Get to work
    Very disappointed strays don’t spawn outside of the world C&Ds brought. Or townies with their pets for that matter either. I tend to forget I own it as well, since I do not visit the world or very rarely create families with pets in them

Strays can appear on community lots that have the lot trait of "cat hang out/dog hangout" but you are right Townies don't walk their dogs in any world except Brindleton Bay. I feel that is an oversight
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Sorry I can't choose lol. I use and like all of em
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    Get to work
    They all have their problems but my least favourite EP is hands down Get to Work. Because it is the opposite of sandbox game, the careers are repetitive checklists that even tell you things like "gossip about co-workers with X", like it is THAT specific! It is also a bummer that if you choose to go with your sim to work, the rest of the household gets completely ignored for the whole shift.
    I sometimes play the scientist career (it is the more complex and useful one) but I haven't played the police or doctor ones in years. If I want a sim to be a doctor or a detective, I make them go to work without me and if they can't get promoted at some point because of the active tasks, I cheat it.
    The retail system is very lackluster and I rarely properly use it.
    The textures of some hairstyles, clothes, and objects are very similar to the base game (since it was the first EP). They have improved so so much on textures in the last couple of years that looking back at some of those hairs and clothes is shocking.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Get to work
    Get To Work, without a single doubt. I almost never play the active careers anymore and I don't really like the CAS clothing and Build/Buy Mode objects that came with it. However, I like taking my Sims to the hospital to give birth.
  • kathdelinekathdeline Posts: 38 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs. They are more annoying than cute and lovable because they fear everything, they won't even eat or crap unless you tell them to do so and you can't see their needs, skills, relationships or even their age so you can't know (without mods) when your cat or dog ages up or dies.
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Get to work
    GTW was the first pack I got when I started playing the Sims (I started playing January of last year). Not my favorite- I use literally nothing from it.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Get to work
    For me it’s more about what I use and what I can live without. I had a hard time picking between Get to Work and Cats and Dogs. But I ended up picking Get to Work because it just doesn’t add a lot to my game. If I uninstalled it, I probably wouldn’t notice. I use the baking skill but I’m fine without it. I sometimes play with retail but it’s not often, and I don’t like how it was implemented. I do like the active careers, and would be happy with more. But again it’s not something I play often. And I don’t like the occult so aliens aren’t for me.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Get to work
    I only ever use this pack for CAS&build buy assets but even these aren't that great.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Get to work
    Except for the skating rinks I hate everything about it. It is the reason I quit playing Sims 4. If I could take it off I would and would still be able to play. As it is I got tired of the game freezing and the way it totally messed up gardening. I come back when there is something new and as soon as I try to play I am reminded of how much it ruined everything. :(

You can:

https://simscommunity.info/2017/03/22/the-sims-4-how-to-disable-packs/
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    The only part of it I use are the aliens.

I've been creating some retail spaces for my Sims where they can shop; I'll make a Sim, cheat them enough money to buy a store and stock it, then use the retail cheats to create the store and hire staff. Then I leave that Sim unplayed but the store is available for my Sims to visit.

I'd say my least favorite is Cats & Dogs, mainly because I don't have my Sims own pets that often. (I do enjoy MFP though because I like that children can study the rodent and that counts as the daily homework.) But I do like much of the CAS from the pack (except for the cat ears hairstyle) and I like the build and buy objects.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cats and dogs
    musteni wrote: »
    I thought Get To Work would be an easy pick but I'm currently having blast with the police career. So I paused for a moment to consider Cats and Dogs which is terribly buggy and doesn't have very enjoyable gameplay (good luck with taking a dog for a short walk in Windenburg). I think C&D focuses on completely wrong things as I'm not interested in the expanded CAP or the vet clinic business. But then again GTW isn't such a bright gem either with its career/retail system + it has Magnolia Promenade... Overall I have less use for GTW so it gets my vote.

I've been getting more into GTW with building retail spaces where my Sims can visit (see my comment above). I also take into account that it was the very first EP, and they were still learning the capabilities and limitations of the game. I've been using Magnolia Promenade more as an entertainment disitrict, with a karaoke bar, a nightclub, a lounge and a regular bar, though if I keep building retail venues I might have to reclaim it as shopping space.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Get famous
    Get Famous is really boring for me. I'm not sure why. I mean it's not like I just have to have a SIM be an actor. I also have the good fortune to not have pandemonium when there is a !STAR! around. Don't get me wrong, there is still the pap and the fans/stans. But it seems a lot tamer than people who are actively working towards get famous goals. I think the most I've done is a social media update, and a few drone videos. That may be why it's so laid back in my game. Or a glitch. If it's a glitch, though, I'm not complaining! LOL
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Get to work
    Btw I'm a little bit shocked seeing Get Together neck to neck with City Living as the second worst pack. To me GT and Seasons are tied for the best EP this far.
    I thought Get To Work would be an easy pick but I'm currently having blast with the police career. So I paused for a moment to consider Cats and Dogs which is terribly buggy and doesn't have very enjoyable gameplay (good luck with taking a dog for a short walk in Windenburg). I think C&D focuses on completely wrong things as I'm not interested in the expanded CAP or the vet clinic business. But then again GTW isn't such a bright gem either with its career/retail system + it has Magnolia Promenade... Overall I have less use for GTW so it gets my vote.

I've been getting more into GTW with building retail spaces where my Sims can visit (see my comment above). I also take into account that it was the very first EP, and they were still learning the capabilities and limitations of the game. I've been using Magnolia Promenade more as an entertainment disitrict, with a karaoke bar, a nightclub, a lounge and a regular bar, though if I keep building retail venues I might have to reclaim it as shopping space.

I don't hate GTW (in case it sounded like it), just like it the least. I use Magnolia Promenade but there's no denying the size is pityful and the style unoriginal compared to other EP worlds.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Get to work
    Btw I'm a little bit shocked seeing Get Together neck to neck with City Living as the second worst pack. To me GT and Seasons are tied for the best EP this far.

I think a lot of people still haven't discovered how beneficial GT is. I know it took me a long time! Come to find out it's a hidden gem.

For me, it offers no new gameplay, but instead gives you credit for the already existing gameplay. As soon as I found out that you could create a family "club" and never have to even leave the house, I was sold.
    Rally the Troops will help make up for an issue caused by the fact that we can't control Sims in different places. When a Sim leaves the lot at night and the others are sleeping, they all wake up and "care for themselves", losing precious sleep. Using this feature takes care of some needs and they have less to deal with before they go to work/school. This also helps if you have a Sim in one of the GTW careers and they work overtime, coming home to find the family has done nothing productive. By taking care of hunger, bladder and energy, it gives them time to make up for that and more.
    Changing the club vibe helps to trigger some of the aspiration goals quicker.
    Skill boosts always come in handy.
    I would use the clubs even more if we had my preferred gameplay in game - Occults (a coven of Witches, a pack of Werewolves).

Because TS4 has left me high n' dry for the most part, I look for pack features that aren't necessarily fun but beneficial. GT is SO beneficial. At this point, the only thing that I can think of that could knock Seasons and GT out of their top spots would be a well made Supernatural EP.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif