Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Game Pack?

Comments

• JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    StrangerVille
    Stangerville because I'm pretty disappointed with it. The Story was incredibly simple and barely took 2 hrs gameplay if that. Besides the story I really won't I the Stangerville world much.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Spa Day
    I don't HATE any packs, but if I had to choose, I guess it has to be Spa Day. It's the one I use the least.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    It's a tie with StrangerVille for me. I just really don't like the build buy items
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2019
    Parenthood
    JediMuppet wrote: »
    Stangerville because I'm pretty disappointed with it. The Story was incredibly simple and barely took 2 hrs gameplay if that. Besides the story I really won't I the Stangerville world much.

I agree that there wasn't much 'story' to Strangerville. It didn't take long to complete and I was hoping for some sort of twist... I felt like i'd missed something at the end of it. Perhaps I was expecting too much...

It's not my least favourite though because I do really like the world. I picked Parenthood because I don't really play with large families!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Spa Day
    My least fav is spa day why? Because it could’ve been a stuff pack. The only gameplay is going to a spa. Even strangerville has more gameplay features and it’s a story pack. After I completed the story in strangerville I still used all the game play stuff to play. Now that my sims can blackmail there ex’s I think that’s great. Even dine out had more you can own or go to restaurants.
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    Vampires
    I just can't get into things that are too "out there" in this game. When I'm playing, I usually have a narrative going on in my head to explain why sims are doing the things they do. With something like vampires, it becomes too difficult for me to work it into a believable story and I lose interest in what's going on. If I ever buy this pack, it will most likely be just for the build/buy items!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. It's the only one that I don't have because I don't want them in my game at all.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    StrangerVille
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    My least fav is spa day why? Because it could’ve been a stuff pack. The only gameplay is going to a spa. Even strangerville has more gameplay features and it’s a story pack. After I completed the story in strangerville I still used all the game play stuff to play. Now that my sims can blackmail there ex’s I think that’s great. Even dine out had more you can own or go to restaurants.

You don’t need Strangerville to blackmail sims. It’s a feature that came with the wishing well that came with Romantic garden stuff.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Spa Day
    I was torn between Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat, because they are the two Game Packs that I use the least. I really love most of the items and CAS objects that came with Spa Day, but the pack just doesn't influence my Sims' lives and stories a lot. That's why it was my choice.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood. I don't play with families much. I don't like the kids messes, or the teen moods, or much about it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Vampires
    I have a vampire save on my laptop but my main character isn't even a vampire yet. After 2 years. :p
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dine Out
    Each Game pack has its merits, and while I can say that while I don't currently own them all (missing StrangerVille) I still wouldn't mark it as my least favorite. That title is now held by Dine Out for me. Yes restaurants are nice and all, but I've found the systems designed to make restaurants work don't work as great as you want them to be, and it has caused me much ire over the years. It's why I don't want to build my own restaurants bc I'll end up something fatally broken in it that I have to fix, again and again. Plus I'm still upset over not being able to work in the restaurants you own, and the minimal amount of attire options in CAS, it's a no go for me.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I can't vote, lol. I never use anything in the spa pack, I don't want vampires, and I'm not interested in Strangeville, so haven't bought the last two.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    StrangerVille
    StrangerVille was just to dang short! It literally took me barely 3 hours to finish the mystery. I wish there was more to the pack than just exploring a lab and gathering sims for help. There was so much more potential to this pack than that! I also don't see myself solving the mystery again because I don't really want to go through that whole song and dance again. If this game pack was just a little bit longer and took more time and effort to complete, then I would've chosen Dine Out.
    Proud simmer
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    StrangerVille
    Well, SV knocked off OR off my least favorite list as SV mystery has very little replay and after that it is just an snack for space with neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • nude_spanude_spa Posts: 13 New Member
    StrangerVille
    With SV by having to disable my mods I feel I lost more than I gained.
  • LyvedaLyveda Posts: 14 New Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat is my least favorite pack because I never really send my sims to Granite Falls. I do use some of the CAS items it came with and I also like the fire pits and trees that were included in the pack.

Most of the other packs have some element I wouldn't want to miss. Vampires, however, is my favorite by far because I think that pack was really well done.
  • cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    Dine Out
    I only say Dine Out because the items were boring, and I can't run my own family owned restaurant like I've always dreamed of lol. If they made the gameplay closer to Get to Work businesses were the household could help out, then I'd play it a lot more.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Dine Out
    I hardly ever use restaurants in my games and have probably gotten the least amount of game play out of this one. Having said that, I still enjoy having the option in my game.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires for me. I like the stuff that came with the pack. But the vampires themselves can be such nuisances. :neutral: Actually had to delete Vlad because he wouldn't leave my family's house.

Not knocking the pack by any means. I enjoy seeing the vamps, even if I never play them. Just never use that pack much.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    StrangerVille
    It's very interesting to me how Vampires is pretty high on this list, #3 at the moment. Yet whenever I make my favorite gamepack polls, Vampires is consistently number 1 or 2. So it seems like a love it or hate it pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    Parenthood
    The Phases in Parenthood can be a little too much sometimes.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    StrangerVille
    It's very interesting to me how Vampires is pretty high on this list, #3 at the moment. Yet whenever I make my favorite gamepack polls, Vampires is consistently number 1 or 2. So it seems like a love it or hate it pack.

That means it's polarizing. You either love it or hate/don't care about it.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I said Jungle Adventure, just because I'm not big on World Adventures-style gameplay in The Sims. If I wanted to roleplay as Indiana Jones, I'd play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tomb Raider or Uncharted.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Right now it's Jungle Adventure because when I finished exploring the temple I didn't see the point in ever doing that again. But I haven't even tried out the archaeology and relics parts yet, so I might find I like it better in the future if I let more of my families try it out.
    I use dine out and spa day less than the others I didn't vote for, but I do use parts of them with most of my families, and would miss them more than Jungle Adventure if I didn't have them.
    I don't have Strangerville yet.