Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q about Strangerville story

If my main and only sim in the household, who im going through the story with, is infected; can I still play through the whole story without needing the help of a another sim to fix her and/or also solve the mystery? I could solve the mystery when she isn't possessed, right? The only thing im concerned about is healing her/fixing her so that she isn't infected anymore; I'll have to add someone to the household, aren't i?
tenor.gif

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes, you can.
    If your sim is infected, they won't be posessed all the time. The posessed moodlet lasts for 3 hours and after that your sim is normal. The infected trait makes sims posessed random times, but it won't be often. It happens about twice a day.
    It does offer benefits though. If your sim is posessed, all their needs will be filled to the max and won't decay while they are posessed.

The disadvantage is that infected sims cannot fight the mother plant. The good news is that once you discover the mother plant, you can start making vaccines, which will cure your sim and allow them to fight with the mother plant.
    Interesting thing to note: If your sim dies after losing a fight with the mother plant, their ghost's needs will never decay.
  • MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    Testing spoiler
    This is a spoiler
    tenor.gif
    edited February 2019
    Ok so does that mean...
    If my sim loses the fight with the mother, she will actually die. I thought that it would kind of be like when you spar with a vampire and then you just get defeated and lose but you're still alive. I guess I'll have to prepare some ambrosia for later since a lot of people seem to have difficutlies defeating the mother. Also one person befriended it? How do you do that? Do you have an option to fight it and/or talk to it? Im still at the early stages/chapters of it, so I dont really know anything about what happens at the final boss fight.

Oh and also when my sim dies will I be transported to manage worlds because I won't have any alive sims in the household? And will I have to get someone else to find her first and then give her ambrosia? Will she be in strangerville if she dies there? (Her ghost)
    tenor.gif
    Sushi8104 wrote: »
    Ok so does that mean...
    If my sim loses the fight with the mother, she will actually die. I thought that it would kind of be like when you spar with a vampire and then you just get defeated and lose but you're still alive. I guess I'll have to prepare some ambrosia for later since a lot of people seem to have difficutlies defeating the mother. Also one person befriended it? Hoe do you do that? Do you have an option to fight it and/or talk to it? Im still at the early stages/chapters of it, so I dont really know anything about what happens at the final boss fight.

The answer to the spoiler question is...
    If your sim tries to fight alone, they'll get a dazed moodlet with a notification that it's best to find other sims to fight with her. If your sim tries to fight her again when the dazed moodlet has not expired (2 hours), the mother plant will eat them. Grim Reaper won't come. The urn appears in front of the platform after some time.
    However, from let's plays, I've seen that sims doesn't get that dazed moodlet when fighting with a team. So don't worry about that.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If your sim is infected, they can make friends with Mother, and some really nice things will happen between the infected sim and Mother, I won't say anymore so as not to really spoil things. I have a sim who purposely got herself infected, and now she has something....well I won't say, let you find this out. :)
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    If your sim is infected, they can make friends with Mother, and some really nice things will happen between the infected sim and Mother, I won't say anymore so as not to really spoil things. I have a sim who purposely got herself infected, and now she has something....well I won't say, let you find this out. :)
    Uninfected sims can also befriend the Mother Plant. In fact reviving will increase the relationship so much.
    What about the death thing? Will I be transported to manage worlds after my sim dies as she is the only one in the household?
    tenor.gif
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    egon answered everything here pretty well, but i'll get the death thing for ya...

yes, you'll be transported to manage worlds since it's the only sim in your household. you'll have to have another sim (or two or three or more, depending on household size) working on the story to get to the point your sim died at. her urn will be sitting down there where she died and she'll show up as a ghost there very infrequently. the other sim can pick the urn up, though, and place it where you want it (usually a residential lot you play on a lot if you want the ghost to come back often enough to befriend and bring back to life)
    edited February 2019
    Okay thank you all so much for the help :)
    But I have one last question
    where do I find a hazmat suit?
    Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.
    tenor.gif