Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spoiler Question about Strangerville [Spoilers inside]

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Can only one sim defeat Mother or do you have to use others, and how many do you need if you do use others. I have been defeated a few times now LOL

Edited title and post to include spoiler tag :smile: ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    edited February 2019
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Can only one sim defeat Mother or do you have to use others, and how many do you need if you do use others. I have been defeated a few times now LOL

I recruited 3 other sims, so with my sim I had 4 total sims. I also had an extra vaccine in my inventory that I threw at her while they were fighting.

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I used six sims and did a mega blast.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One sim can't do it.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks all, Third time lucky, three sims and three vaccinations thrown at her and she is defeated, Phew now my tummy is in knots, need a coffee :D
    B2CTJdK.png

cQX3KtE.png
  • JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    I went with 7 sims so started with me and 3 others then she defeated me so then I went to fight again with the other 4 and tried to use mega spray as much as it would let me
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    That thing could kill the cowplant and eat it if it wanted to.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    aw, and here i befriended it... it gives you some interesting options when you do:

d97217e3533e301284c6c232bd149482.png

mind you, this is after getting to max relationship with it with a sim that was infected. because i was curious
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I recruited 3 Sims eventually, 2 of them ran away after the vaccine. Had to call them to visit, to get the 2 runners to join up. I used group travel to get to the lab, 1 Sim left instantly maybe they had work.

I then sent my Sim to start the fight, the Sim that had left on arrival appeared. The other 2 only made there way down when the mother had about 10% health left. For the first 25% there was my Sim and the 1 companion but they where on the floor and did not get back up for rest of fight, leaving my Sim to solo. Right clicking the mother gives options, these helped me get to around 10% when my other 2 companions finally decided to show up and help out.

Soloing should be fairly easy as long as you use the options on the mother to stop the infection getting to high.
    i wound up fighting her three times in a row with a trio of sims i'd been adventuring with. the first had a 'mib' agent and two strangerville scientists as her backup. the second then revived the plant and instantly fought her (this was my infected sim, i had to have her vaccinate herself to be able to fight to finish the aspiration off. waiting on that to wear off so she can infect herself again) and she had a scientist, a soldier and the first sim helping her out. after that, the third sim revived her and fought with four backup sims, both of the first two sims who fought her, another scientist and another conspiracy theorist. i figured it was best to use the sims wandering around the town but was silly and didn't want to actually vaccinate certain ones, like mr roswell

tried a few different tactics with each fight, but really seems like 'fight!' command the first two times you get commands helps shorten it a lot, esp if you use the vaccine and mega spray right after giving the command. plant was dead before i even had to have the backup sims take a breather, which surprised me

also, had my formerly-infected sim ask for career success after reviving the plant again (still has high friendship with it, wanna max it out again 'cause i'm silly) and it gave a 24 hour long +3 focused moodlet. there's a chance this could be because she's a botanist and other careers will get other emotions, or it could just be focused for everyone

e11dc96be6b02fe5f974b646d6b753ac.png
    (the sad moodlets there are because i had the third sim fight the plant alone twice, so he got eaten. now just to wait for him to show back up so i can have a 'motherplant' ghost)

the plant also only gives one gift per sim per day:
    84691e9872aa565fc3b9cf7a7d710b15.png
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I Finally did it too after getting out without saving because my sim died then going back and finally killing it
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    aw, and here i befriended it... it gives you some interesting options when you do:

d97217e3533e301284c6c232bd149482.png

mind you, this is after getting to max relationship with it with a sim that was infected. because i was curious

This is definitely a spoiler but in a spoiler thread and something I love about the ending.
    I want to create that bad sim that joins with the mother for power, riches... ect. Along with making hero types to defeat her and maybe do a back and forth between the two (or more) in the same save. As a hero/villain play though.
    egTcBMc.png
    @hermitgirl, it's actually sort of creepily enjoyable having an infected sim in a household that's investigating the lab. though if that sim (or an all infected household) was all you were playing, it would likely get very frustrating for 3 hours a day when they were possessed (seems to start at 1 am, at least for the one i was playing), since you...mostly can't control them, though they do get interesting interactions for what you can do, as seen below. i'll put extra spoilers for it, even though this is already a spoiler thread (and thanks, mcrudd, and sorry for sort of hijacking your thread...)

i had the whole household go to a meal with a sim that invited the infected one, they wound up at the restaurant i had in granite falls and i had to send them home individually since the game thought they were on vacation. it was late at night, so while the first two made it offlot fine, the infected one got possessed just before she left the lot. since there was really nothing i could interact with, i just had to watch her zombie-walk around for 3 hours...

possessed moodlet and interactions while possessed:

the moodlet, i'm sure the exact number is a reference to something. lasts just shy of 4 hours and, at least for my sim, started at 1 am every day. when possessed, a sim's needs are all maxed out
    2d3487cfabb50d0a2decbb0deb2cce45.png

interactions with bizarre plants:

the first one is for the 'half-grown' new plant. the 'nurture' option that is greyed out here make it grow into the full-grown version so you can harvest a fruit from it. seems to be usable either every 24 or 36 hours, couldn't quite tell with all my lot-hopping. but if a sim nurtures and harvests those growing on their lot before 5 am, they'll get a second bizarre fruit at the 5 am gardening check

df4c7be72c1efffbb642bf94f9465b26.png

the next is for a full-grown one. i tested out the 'liberate' interaction so you don't need to. it just uproots and deletes the fully grown plant and is only usable when it's harvestable. haven't yet checked if it works on the wild off-lot plants, but i doubt it will

dcb0a5ff2548654e454bc2c82a17482b.png

interactions with other sims:

first is the options they can talk about with un-possessed sims. i find them all pretty funny, and they all creep the other sim out

b6fe44eb60f2802f7dde4b4b257b326a.png

followed by interactions with fellow possessed sims. unfortunately, i wasn't able to see how they actually interacted because my possessed sim's possession timer ran out just before she got to use the first of the interactions

db7923e6cdc545aaddba683c240aff27.png

i may well be making a new thread about playing while possessed, but until then, seems this is where i'm dropping the info i found out. again, sorry for the sort-of hijack here

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    e11dc96be6b02fe5f974b646d6b753ac.png
    (the sad moodlets there are because i had the third sim fight the plant alone twice, so he got eaten. now just to wait for him to show back up so i can have a 'motherplant' ghost)
    Wait. Sims can be consumed by this plant and die? :o:# This concerns me. I don't want my sims to die from this thing.
    @Cabelle1863, spoilers aren't super needed in a thread whose title says 'spoiler' twice now, but i'll do it anyway
    they sure can, but it seems to take a minimum of two attempts in a row fighting it solo. similarly to being eaten twice within 12 hours by a cowplant is what gets them killed by cowplants. 'mother plant' ghosts supposedly never have their needs drop, which is interesting. we'll see whenever mine finally comes back around
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Oops, I didn't realize. I thought I was supposed to keep the tags around it. Thanks for the info, it's very good to know. :)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    db7923e6cdc545aaddba683c240aff27.png

i may well be making a new thread about playing while possessed, but until then, seems this is where i'm dropping the info i found out. again, sorry for the sort-of hijack here

The "confess fear of humans" interaction choice intrigues me...why would she fear sims?
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    So you need an infected to get the nonviolent ending, that answers one question.
    Just finished the beatdown ending with Bella, as there were a bunch of references to her, and talking to it uninfected didn't seem to be doing anything. While it's a very traditional RPG resolution, it gave absolutely no explanation for WTH just happened or why; and other than the clear references in some messages, not a shred of explanation what she had to do with any of this.
    I know all about Strangetown, but this isn't that, and what any of this has to do with Mother makes no sense unless I missed something.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2019
    So exactly how do you befriend the Mother Plant? Can an uninfected Sim become friends with the mother plant by trying the Attempt to communicate interaction? Right now we are just acquaintances.

I did find out that if you eat one of the fruits you will become infected, but even though I had a key card I couldn't get past the key card doors.
    Post edited by Bronwin2 on
    uninfected can become friends with the mother plant, yes. it just takes longer than it does with the infected. and both just need to use the 'attempt to communicate' option a fair bit (though i have a feeling that the uninfected can mess things up occasionally and lower the relationship. or get eaten

also, i'm guessing your sim couldn't pass the doors while possessed? my infected sim managed to do virtually the entire story, including vaccinating 3 other sims and asking them to join the fight against the mother plant. just, being infected, she wouldn't fight the plant until drank the vaccine
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Right. The key-card wouldn't work. And I was able to make a friend of the resurrected plant.