Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GARDEN LEGACY CHALLENGE by cowplant-pizza

Hi everyone! Today, I came across the cutest legacy challenge on Tumblr, created by user cowplant-pizza and I thought I would post it here!

Original creator
Original post

Rules:

Money Cheats are NOT allowed
Aesthetic CC and poses are FINE
Needs must be on decay AT ALL TIMES
Feel free to pause aging ONLY FOR STORY PURPOSES
Your Sims must live on the SAME LOT for the whole 10 generations. A larger lot is recommended
Any world is fine
You may edit what your Sims look like in CAS if they 🐸🐸🐸🐸
Information:

Your entire 10 generations will be named after various plants you could find or have in your garden. This is inspired by the fact that your Sims will have a love for nature throughout all 10 generations, living their life on the family farm.
Each generation also has a berry colour in case berry simmers would like to enjoy the challenge too!

Generation 1: ROSE
Traits: Ambitious, Loves the Outdoors, Vegetarian

Aspiration: Freelance Botanist

Berry Colour: Red

Information: This is the founder of your legacy! From living their entire childhood in the smelly and loud city, they have decided to begin a new lifestyle in the countryside. They dream of running a farm to support the generations to come.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Have at least 2 children
Have 1 dog and 1 cat
Collect every base game plant
Reach level 10 of the Gardening career
Care for at least 2 cowplants throughout your life
Max out the friendship level with at least one bee hive
Reach level 10 of the gardening skill
Reach at least level 5 in: cooking, parenting and handiness
Generation 2: DAISY
Traits: Outgoing, Good, Self Assured

Aspiration: Friend of the World

Berry Colour: White with Yellow accents

Information: You grew up in a loving household, making you a friendly and nurturing Sim who wants nothing else than to help others.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach at least level 7 in the politics career. Either Branch. Cause: Speak for the Trees
Marry your first friend
Have 4 children
Reach level 10 charisma
Reach level 10 gardening
Go out at least 3 times a week with friends
Generation 3: BLUEBELL
Traits: Family Oriented, Romantic, Neat

Aspiration: Big Happy Family

Berry Colour: Blue

Information: You grew up surrounded by siblings. It was the best childhood you could have imagined. You want to bless your children with that same childhood!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 parenting
Maintain perfect friendship levels with your siblings
Fill your household with children (you can have at least 1 pet)
Reach level 5 in 2 different jobs
Achieve the best love-days every year
Take the kids out on a day trip every Saturday
Generation 4: SUNFLOWER
Traits: Self Assured, Goofball, Childish

Aspiration: Joke Star

Berry Colour: Yellow

Information: You were always the class clown, getting in trouble all the time. You pulled endless amounts of pranks on your siblings and parents. You never want to grow up.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 in the Entertainment Career: Comedian Branch
Reach level 10 comedy
Reach at least level 7: charisma and mischief
Run a club called the Pranksters
Use a Voodoo Doll on your spouse at least 10 times
Marry a musician
Generation 5: Magnolia
Traits: Music Lover, Loner, Clumsy

Aspiration: Musical Genius

Berry Colour: White with Baby Pink accents

Information: Your parents were born entertainers, they lived to be on the stage. you share their talents but you are very shy and reserved. However, you still dream of being a well known and respected musician.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 in the Entertainment Career: Musician Branch
Reach level 10: piano and singing
Reach level 7: guitar and violin
Have only 1 friend outside of your family
Marry that friend
Have 2 children: Twins (you can use cheats for this)
Generation 6: PINE
Traits: Jealous, Non Committal, Gloomy

Aspiration: Renaissance Sim

Berry Colour: Green

Information: You always felt like your were second best to your twin (whether this is true or not is up to you). You often spent time burring your head in books, learning lots of different things, but never mastering them.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Write a Book
Paint 1 Masterpiece
Write a Song
Change jobs once you get to level 4
Have at least 3 jobs
You never retire
You never marry
You have 3 different children from one night stands
A relationship is allowed after the children are born
Never celebrate love day
Generation 7: TULIP
Traits: Lazy, Squeamish, Slob

Aspiration: Computer Whiz

Berry Colour: Grape Purple

Information: You grew up confused and conflicted about your parent’s relationship. This made you a troubled child who had to visit many therapists and doctors. You found comfort in video games and rely on the throughout your life.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 in the Gaming Profession
Marry someone you meet at Gamescon
Naturally progress into the overweight section
Reach skill level 10: video games and programming
Have 2 children
Generation 8: PICCOLONI
Traits: Genius, Neat, Snob

Aspiration: Successful Lineage

Berry Colour: Hot Pink OR Orange

Information: After watching your parent struggle with health problems due to being overweight, you vowed to keep yourself and your own children healthy.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 in the Doctors career
Reach level 10 in: fitness and cooking
Marry a fellow Dr
Have 3 children
Do not feed the children unhealthy food or snacks
Generation 9: SNAPDRAGON
Traits: Foodie, Athletic, Insider

Aspiration: Bodybuilder

Berry Colour: Light Pink OR Peach

Information: You grew up being pushed to your limits and you loved every second of it. You love exercise and cooking and want to make your two hobbies work well together. You enjoy using fresh food found on your families farm.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Reach level 10 in the Athletic Career
Reach level 5 in the Cooking Career
Reach level 10: fitness, cooking, baking and wellness
Reach level 5: gourmet cooking
Marry another Foodie
Have triplets (once again, cheats are allowed for this)
Generation 10: HYDRANGER
Traits: Materialistic, Hot Headed, Perfectionist

Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Berry Colour: Light Blue

Information: You finally decide that your family is worth more than living on a farm forever. It’s time for your legacy to move on. You want to move out into a penthouse in the city and create an exciting future for generations to come.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
Marry someone wealthy and living in the City
Reach level 10 in the Business Career
Reach level 10 in 3 skills of your choice
Throw a party every weekend + every holiday

If you decide to play, please post pictures or updates in the replies!
tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
thank you thread

Comments

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Sounds like a fun challenge! I love ones that include storylines and I like the emphasis on farm/gardening with this one!!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This sounds cool! I've been doing a lot of gardening anyway in my 100 baby challenge, it might be fun to focus on it for a while lol.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, I just moved this to the correct section, challenge looks good! Carry on
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Hey there, I just moved this to the correct section, challenge looks good! Carry on
    Thank you

thank you thread
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    I love this! Going to try this! Thanks for posting
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    Just started with this yesterday and already love it :) I really like the not-so-berry-Challenge and was looking for a challenge in a similar style, since I like to swap a bit between my save files. and this seems perfect for me
    edited March 2019
    Alright, so I've started playing this and it's been really pretty fun (tho I think I made some mistakes, which I'll talk about in a min), but I've read ahead and--absolutely nothing against the creator of this challenge, it's a really fantastic idea and they put a lot of thought into it!--but I was a little disappointed to find that not many generations past the first really have much to do with gardening. That might be what some people want, but I really wanted something focussed on the gardening theme.

So!

I've worked up a bit of a revamp, still taking a lot from the original challenge, but making it a little more focused on plants and the outdoors throughout, and also making some "rules" to address some dumb things I did (that is, strong suggestions to not do 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that makes things less fun lol). I will be making this based on the packs I have, so that's all the expansions and game packs except Strangerville, and I've also taken out the berry challenge bits cause I'm just not familiar enough with that to know what to do with it.

Like I said, most of this will be pretty similar to above (to start out with anyway) and I'll highlight my additions. Also, you may notice I cheated and called the first gen the "founder" so I could fit an extra generation in and still call it ten. Sorry.

I'll be putting the rest under the cut cause long.
    Basic rules:

Your Sims must live on the SAME LOT for the whole 10 generations. A larger lot is recommended
    Any world is fine
    You may edit what your Sims look like in CAS if they plum
    You are not allowed to download any lots or rooms from the gallery with harvestables in them (I did this cause I like to thematically fill out my world and it was dumb)
    You are not allowed to buy the money tree reward trait until the final generation.
    Adoption is okay, but always adopt babies and don't age them up prematurely
    You may play on any lifespan, just consider them easy, normal and hard modes respectively.
    All ongoing requirements for each generation are in effect only as long as they are the "reigning" generation, before the next one takes over, in case that is unclear.

Information:

Your entire 10 generations will be named after various plants you could find or have in your garden harvestable plants in the Sims 4 that you will have in your garden. This is inspired by the fact that your Sims will have a love for nature throughout all 10 generations, living their life on the family farm. This challenge will be about about growing and maintaining a garden through those generations, and you will need to keep the garden begun by your founder alive throughout.

Founder Generation: ROSE

Information: This is the founder of your legacy! From living their entire childhood in the smelly and loud city, they have decided to begin a new lifestyle in the countryside. They dream of running a farm to support the generations to come.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Have at least 1 child
    Have 1 dog and 1 cat
    Collect every base game plant except death flower, growfruit and space pod/U.F.O plant
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the rose plant growing on your lot.

Generation 1: DAISY

Information: You grew up in a loving household, making you a friendly and nurturing Sim who wants nothing else than to help others. You parents gave you a love of nature, and you want to protect it.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Enter the Politician career, Cause: Speak for the Trees
    Reach the top level in the politics career OR "complete" your cause (you'll get a pop up saying you've successfully solved your cause and to pick a new one)
    Marry your first friend
    Have at least 1 child
    Reach level 10 charisma
    Go out at least three times with friends every week.
    Choose one major holiday: you must throw an annual event on that holiday every year (I'm thinking Winterfest, but whatever works for you)
    Maintain the garden begun by your parent.
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the daisy plant growing on your lot.

Here's where things really start to shift, so I'll stop bolding things. There are still a couple bits I took from the original challenge, but I think the bolding will just get annoying from here on out:

Generation 2: HOLLY
    Traits: Family Oriented, Childish, Cheerful

Aspiration: Super Parent

Information: Your parent was a great person, but they were pretty busy with work and shmoozing it up in the social circle to promote their cause--you're going to make your family a top priority! Kids come first, and you're going to make their childhoods something wonderful to remember!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Reach level 10 parenting
    Have at least 4 children, one for each season, and name all children either after the season or a holiday theme or a typical weather or a plant in the season when they were born or conceived. (Fall will be Dahlia, but all others up to you)
    Never have an official career
    Make every holiday a big deal every year and make sure the children enjoy themselves. You must have at least 1 major holiday scheduled for every season, and have at least five major holidays total
    Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors
    Collect all plants added by the seasons expansion
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the holly plant growing on your lot.

Generation 3: DAHLIA
    Traits: Perfectionist, Neat, Snob

Information: Your childhood was happy, but not everything can be fun and games, and you kind of wish you'd been pushed more growing up--so that's what you intend to do with your child! Always remember: there's a place for everything, and everything in its place!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration (only one child required, but more okay)
    Marry into one of the "elite" families in the game (Landgraabs, Goths, Villereals, ect.) What qualifies is up to you, and if you don't play with MCCC I realize this will be difficult, so just make sure they live in a big house or something, lol.
    Always discipline your children when possible and always use at least the strict option.
    Join the critic career
    Always work from home
    Reach the top of either branch of the critic career.
    Reach level ten of painting, writing, gourmet cooking, or any instrument.
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have ALL PERFECT PLANTS IN YOUR GARDEN. Any non-perfect plants must be removed at the end of this sim's life, and there must be at least one of each type of base and seasons pack plants (except for trash plants cause ew, and including dahlia, of course ;-D)

Generation 4: CHERRY
    Traits: Outgoing, Lazy, Glutton

Aspiration: Master Chef

Information: Your parent always pushed you, but you just like enjoy life--good food, especially. Fortunately, succeeding at cooking should keep your parent happy so...you guess you'll do that!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration.
    Never work out, eat whenever possible--getting plump is encouraged.
    ONLY cook things you have fresh ingredients for (yes, including cakes--only honey and strawberry and carrot cakes allowed)
    Reach the top of the culinary career.
    Max both cooking and gourmet cooking skill.
    Attend every spice festival that doesn't conflict with work and always eat something there.
    Sample and learn to cook all experimental food.
    Sample and learn to cook all city living foods.
    Marry and have at least one child with someone you met at the spice festival.
    Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors. Should already have a perfect cherry tree, but if you don't, get one.

Generation 5: HUCKLEBERRY
    Traits: Slob, Loves Outdoors, Loner

Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast

Information: Left to basically run wild as a kid, you've come to love and be fascinated by the wilderness. Time spent watching the clouds or fishing on your own are some of your happiest, and you can't wait to explore more that the forests have to offer. Time to go get that camping gear and head out to the woods!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Go camping in Granite Falls every weekend (you heard me)
    Never stay in a lodge, only a tent on the campground or in the woods.
    Collect all Granite Falls plants and plant them at home.
    Buy AT LEAST three weather related reward traits, like water proof or cold resistant.
    Make excellent versions of all herbal remedies.
    Reach level 10 fishing.
    MARRY THE HERMIT AND HAVE A CHILD WITH THEM
    Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors.
    I'm actually not sure if OR plants improve in quality but if they do, by the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the huckleberry plant growing on your lot.

Generation 6: BASIL
    Traits: Active, Self Assured, Kleptomaniac

Aspiration: Jungle Explorer

Information: You were raised to have a love and respect for the great outdoors, but simple camping wasn't enough for you--no, you want to explore the deepest, most dangerous jungles...and maybe make off with a few of their valuables!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Spend every summer in Selvadorada (yes, all of it, save up.)
    Collect all JA plants (aren't many, but grab'em) and plant them at home.
    Collect all frog OR all plate treasures (or hell, go ahead and complete the collection, I actually don't know how hard that's going to be)
    Put together all relics (activation optional, but again, go for it if you want)
    Reach level 10 of the fitness skill
    Marry a native from Selvadorada in Selvadorada (bonus if you do a local dance after the ceremony, elopement or not)
    Have a child and make at least one trip to the jungle with them when they are a child.
    Should already have a perfect basil plant, but if you don't, get one. In any case, by the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect examples of either black beans or avocados growing on your lot (or emotion tree, but I'm not sure those actually improve in quality).

Generation 7: QUILL
    Traits: Genius, Squeamish, Ambitious

Aspiration: Nerd Brain

Information: Unlike your parent, you never really took to traipsing around in the undergrowth and dirt. But their adventurous spirit has given you great curiosity about the universe and an insatiable thirst for forbidden knowledge and the desire to explore the stars!

Rules:

Complete the aspiration.
    Reach the top of the scientist career. Until you do, never take a day off and always join them at work.
    Collect all alien plants, including U.F.O seed but NOT sixam mosquito seed, and plant them at home.
    Take microscope slides of all the plants that you have and examine them under the microscope (or at least as many as you can without wanting to die I guess).
    Explore space at least once a week.
    Reach level 10 of the rocket science
    Marry someone you met at work (bonus if it's an alien) and have at least one child with them.
    Make a clone of one of your children (I dunno if you can do that when they are a child, but if not teen is fine)
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the quill plant growing on your lot.

Generation 8: APPLE
    Traits: Cat Lover or Dog Lover (your choice), Jealous, Unflirty

Aspiration: Friend of the Animals

Information: You have a complicated relationship with your parent--they even experimented on you! (Or maybe you were the experiment...) In any case, it's given you some trust issues and made you want to seek out the kind of love you can really know and depend on: pets!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration.
    Have at least one pet in the household at least from teen age to sim's death.
    Collect all catnips and plant them at home.
    At some point, have more pets than human sims in the household
    Adopt at least one pet "in the wild" and not through the service
    Any time there is more than one pet, you must have at least one of each type (1 cat & 1 dog if two or more, but having only one pet is okay sometimes, and you don't have to maintain equality past that point)
    Own and run a Vet clinic
    Max veterinary skill
    You should already have a perfect apple tree; if not, get one. If they can be improved, get at least one of the catnips to perfect. There are no marriage requirements, you're welcome to get an heir any way you like, including adoption. But marriage and natural offspring are also permitted.

Generation 9: LILY
    Traits: Gloomy, Good, Bookworm

Information: You're used to pets and books than people, but that doesn't mean you don't like or care about them. That there's so much evil in the world saddens you terribly...but maybe there's something you can do about that...

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Careers chosen to complete the aspiration must be chosen from the following: doctor, detective, scientist, gardener, writer, secret agent (diamond agent branch, if you get that far), politician, astronaut (space ranger branch, if you get that far)
    Collect wolfsbane, sixam mosquito plant seed, and garlic and plant them in your garden (you can get plasma fruit too if you want but you don't have to)
    Reach max vampire lore skill.
    Make at least one garlic braid.
    Make a vampire cure.
    Cure OR KILL (via sunlight) Vlad Straud (if he's made it this long, lol. If not, pick another evil vampire that's spawned, or make one yourself.)
    You should already have a perfect lily plant; if not, get one. Get one of the vampire plants to perfect.

And finally (sheesh, is anyone gonna read this? Let me know, anybody who's gotten this far, lmao)--

Generation 10: ORCHID
    Traits: Self absorbed, Materialistic, Romantic

Aspiration: You choose! You've earned it! You can pick from the following: Fabulously Wealthy, City Native, Serial Romantic, or World Famous Celebrity

(we're back to taking a lot of inspiration from the original with this last one, so let's throw another bit of thanks back their way, yah?)

Information: After everything, you finally decide that your family is worth more than living on a farm forever. Who said it was OUR job to fix the world, make it greener, or more beautiful? Let somebody else do that! It’s time for your legacy to move on. You want to move out into a penthouse in the city and create an exciting future for generations to come!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Have a perfect orchid plant in a pot with you in the city (you should already have perfect orchids, so this should be easy)
    Purchase the money tree reward trait and grow a money tree (I think you should be able to grow/have it in a pot in an apartment/penthouse)--You must have purchased the trait BEFORE moving to the city, and until you do you must still maintain the garden!
    "Dye" your hair a different color from your natural one--unnatural hues encouraged!
    Marry someone living in a swag place in San Myshuno and move in with them.
    Join one of the following careers: Actor/Actress, Business, Politician (Politician branch), Social Media, or Style Influencer.
    Reach level 10 your chosen career
    Have at least 1 child

And lastly--this is more for you, the player, really--after you've sold your family farmhouse...turn it into a park! Renovate it, make it a public space, and then have your sim visit it every Sunday with their family. Who knows? Maybe one of their kids will want to head back out to the countryside, just like their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother did!

So, yeah, that's what I got. I really hope least one other person gets kick out this cause I do not want to admit how long I took on it lol.
    Post edited by FanPhoria on
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Alright, so I've started playing this and it's been really pretty fun (tho I think I made some mistakes, which I'll talk about in a min), but I've read ahead and--absolutely nothing against the creator of this challenge, it's a really fantastic idea and they put a lot of thought into it!--but I was a little disappointed to find that not many generations past the first really have much to do with gardening. That might be what some people want, but I really wanted something focussed on the gardening theme.

So!

I've worked up a bit of a revamp, still taking a lot from the original challenge, but making it a little more focused on plants and the outdoors throughout, and also making some "rules" to address some dumb things I did (that is, strong suggestions to not do plum that makes things less fun lol). I will be making this based on the packs I have, so that's all the expansions and game packs except Strangerville, and I've also taken out the berry challenge bits cause I'm just not familiar enough with that to know what to do with it.

Like I said, most of this will be pretty similar to above (to start out with anyway) and I'll highlight my additions. Also, you may notice I cheated and called the first gen the "founder" so I could fit an extra generation in and still call it ten. Sorry.

I'll be putting the rest under the cut cause long.
    Basic rules:

Any world is fine
    You may edit what your Sims look like in CAS if they plum
    You are not allowed to download any lots or rooms from the gallery with harvestables in them (I did this cause I like to thematically fill out my world and it was dumb)
    You are not allowed to buy the money tree reward trait until the final generation.
    Adoption is okay, but always adopt babies and don't age them up prematurely
    You may play on any lifespan, just consider them easy, normal and hard modes respectively.
    All ongoing requirements for each generation are in effect only as long as they are the "reigning" generation, before the next one takes over, in case that is unclear.

Information:

Your entire 10 generations will be named after various plants you could find or have in your garden harvestable plants in the Sims 4 that you will have in your garden. This is inspired by the fact that your Sims will have a love for nature throughout all 10 generations, living their life on the family farm. This challenge will be about about growing and maintaining a garden through those generations, and you will need to keep the garden begun by your founder alive throughout.

Founder Generation: ROSE

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Have at least 1 child
    Have 1 dog and 1 cat
    Collect every base game plant except death flower, growfruit and space pod/U.F.O plant
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the rose plant growing on your lot.

Generation 1: DAISY

Information: You grew up in a loving household, making you a friendly and nurturing Sim who wants nothing else than to help others. You parents gave you a love of nature, and you want to protect it.

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Enter the Politician career, Cause: Speak for the Trees
    Reach the top level in the politics career OR "complete" your cause (you'll get a pop up saying you've successfully solved your cause and to pick a new one)
    Marry your first friend
    Have at least 1 child
    Reach level 10 charisma
    Go out at least three times with friends every week.
    Choose one major holiday: you must throw an annual event on that holiday every year (I'm thinking Winterfest, but whatever works for you)
    Maintain the garden begun by your parent.
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the daisy plant growing on your lot.

Here's where things really start to shift, so I'll stop bolding things. There are still a couple bits I took from the original challenge, but I think the bolding will just get annoying from here on out:

Generation 2: HOLLY
    Traits: Family Oriented, Childish, Cheerful

Aspiration: Super Parent

Information: Your parent was a great person, but they were pretty busy with work and shmoozing it up in the social circle to promote their cause--you're going to make your family a top priority! Kids come first, and you're going to make their childhoods something wonderful to remember!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Reach level 10 parenting
    Have at least 4 children, one for each season, and name all children either after the season or a holiday theme or a typical weather or a plant in the season when they were born or conceived. (Fall will be Dahlia, but all others up to you)
    Never have an official career
    Make every holiday a big deal every year and make sure the children enjoy themselves. You must have at least 1 major holiday scheduled for every season, and have at least five major holidays total
    Collect all plants added by the seasons expansion
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the holly plant growing on your lot.

Generation 3: DAHLIA

Information: Your childhood was happy, but not everything can be fun and games, and you kind of wish you'd been pushed more growing up--so that's what you intend to do with your child! Always remember: there's a place for everything, and everything in its place!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration (only one child required, but more okay)
    Marry into one of the "elite" families in the game (Landgraabs, Goths, Villereals, ect.) What qualifies is up to you, and if you don't play with MCCC I realize this will be difficult, so just make sure they live in a big house or something, lol.
    Always discipline your children when possible and always use at least the strict option.
    Join the critic career
    Always work from home
    Reach the top of either branch of the critic career.
    Reach level ten of painting, writing, gourmet cooking, or any instrument.
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have ALL PERFECT PLANTS IN YOUR GARDEN. Any non-perfect plants must be removed at the end of this sim's life, and there must be at least one of each type of base and seasons pack plants (except for trash plants cause ew, and including dahlia, of course ;-D)

Traits: Outgoing, Lazy, Glutton

Aspiration: Master Chef

Information: Your parent always pushed you, but you just like enjoy life--good food, especially. Fortunately, succeeding at cooking should keep your parent happy so...you guess you'll do that!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration.
    Never work out, eat whenever possible--getting plump is encouraged.
    ONLY cook things you have fresh ingredients for (yes, including cakes--only honey and strawberry and carrot cakes allowed)
    Reach the top of the culinary career.
    Max both cooking and gourmet cooking skill.
    Attend every spice festival that doesn't conflict with work and always eat something there.
    Sample and learn to cook all experimental food.
    Sample and learn to cook all city living foods.
    Marry and have at least one child with someone you met at the spice festival.
    Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors. Should already have a perfect cherry tree, but if you don't, get one.

Generation 5: HUCKLEBERRY
    Traits: Slob, Loves Outdoors, Loner

Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast

Information: Left to basically run wild as a kid, you've come to love and be fascinated by the wilderness. Time spent watching the clouds or fishing on your own are some of your happiest, and you can't wait to explore more that the forests have to offer. Time to go get that camping gear and head out to the woods!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Go camping in Granite Falls every weekend (you heard me)
    Never stay in a lodge, only a tent on the campground or in the woods.
    Collect all Granite Falls plants and plant them at home.
    Buy AT LEAST three weather related reward traits, like water proof or cold resistant.
    Make excellent versions of all herbal remedies.
    Reach level 10 fishing.
    MARRY THE HERMIT AND HAVE A CHILD WITH THEM
    I'm actually not sure if OR plants improve in quality but if they do, by the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the huckleberry plant growing on your lot.

Generation 6: BASIL
    Traits: Active, Self Assured, Kleptomaniac

Aspiration: Jungle Explorer

Information: You were raised to have a love and respect for the great outdoors, but simple camping wasn't enough for you--no, you want to explore the deepest, most dangerous jungles...and maybe make off with a few of their valuables!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Spend every summer in Selvadorada (yes, all of it, save up.)
    Collect all JA plants (aren't many, but grab'em) and plant them at home.
    Collect all frog OR all plate treasures (or hell, go ahead and complete the collection, I actually don't know how hard that's going to be)
    Put together all relics (activation optional, but again, go for it if you want)
    Reach level 10 of the fitness skill
    Marry a native from Selvadorada in Selvadorada (bonus if you do a local dance after the ceremony, elopement or not)
    Have a child and make at least one trip to the jungle with them when they are a child.
    Should already have a perfect basil plant, but if you don't, get one. In any case, by the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect examples of either black beans or avocados growing on your lot (or emotion tree, but I'm not sure those actually improve in quality).

Generation 7: QUILL
    Traits: Genius, Squeamish, Ambitious

Aspiration: Nerd Brain

Information: Unlike your parent, you never really took to traipsing around in the undergrowth and dirt. But their adventurous spirit has given you great curiosity about the universe and an insatiable thirst for forbidden knowledge and the desire to explore the stars!

Rules:

Complete the aspiration.
    Reach the top of the scientist career. Until you do, never take a day off and always join them at work.
    Collect all alien plants, including U.F.O seed but NOT sixam mosquito seed, and plant them at home.
    Take microscope slides of all the plants that you have and examine them under the microscope (or at least as many as you can without wanting to die I guess).
    Explore space at least once a week.
    Reach level 10 of the rocket science
    Marry someone you met at work (bonus if it's an alien) and have at least one child with them.
    Make a clone of one of your children (I dunno if you can do that when they are a child, but if not teen is fine)
    By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the quill plant growing on your lot.

Generation 8: APPLE
    Traits: Cat Lover or Dog Lover (your choice), Jealous, Unflirty

Aspiration: Friend of the Animals

Information: You have a complicated relationship with your parent--they even experimented on you! (Or maybe you were the experiment...) In any case, it's given you some trust issues and made you want to seek out the kind of love you can really know and depend on: pets!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration.
    Have at least one pet in the household at least from teen age to sim's death.
    Collect all catnips and plant them at home.
    At some point, have more pets than human sims in the household
    Adopt at least one pet "in the wild" and not through the service
    Any time there is more than one pet, you must have at least one of each type (1 cat & 1 dog if two or more, but having only one pet is okay sometimes, and you don't have to maintain equality past that point)
    Own and run a Vet clinic
    Max veterinary skill
    You should already have a perfect apple tree; if not, get one. If they can be improved, get at least one of the catnips to perfect. There are no marriage requirements, you're welcome to get an heir any way you like, including adoption. But marriage and natural offspring are also permitted.

Generation 9: LILY
    Traits: Gloomy, Good, Bookworm

Information: You're used to pets and books than people, but that doesn't mean you don't like or care about them. That there's so much evil in the world saddens you terribly...but maybe there's something you can do about that...

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Careers chosen to complete the aspiration must be chosen from the following: doctor, detective, scientist, gardener, writer, secret agent (diamond agent branch, if you get that far), politician, astronaut (space ranger branch, if you get that far)
    Collect wolfsbane, sixam mosquito plant seed, and garlic and plant them in your garden (you can get plasma fruit too if you want but you don't have to)
    Reach max vampire lore skill.
    Make at least one garlic braid.
    Make a vampire cure.
    Cure OR KILL (via sunlight) Vlad Straud (if he's made it this long, lol. If not, pick another evil vampire that's spawned, or make one yourself.)
    You should already have a perfect lily plant; if not, get one. Get one of the vampire plants to perfect.

And finally (sheesh, is anyone gonna read this? Let me know, anybody who's gotten this far, lmao)--

Aspiration: You choose! You've earned it! You can pick from the following: Fabulously Wealthy, City Native, Serial Romantic, or World Famous Celebrity

(we're back to taking a lot of inspiration from the original with this last one, so let's throw another bit of thanks back their way, yah?)

Information: After everything, you finally decide that your family is worth more than living on a farm forever. Who said it was OUR job to fix the world, make it greener, or more beautiful? Let somebody else do that! It’s time for your legacy to move on. You want to move out into a penthouse in the city and create an exciting future for generations to come!

Rules:

Complete the Aspiration
    Have a perfect orchid plant in a pot with you in the city (you should already have perfect orchids, so this should be easy)
    Purchase the money tree reward trait and grow a money tree (I think you should be able to grow/have it in a pot in an apartment/penthouse)--You must have purchased the trait BEFORE moving to the city, and until you do you must still maintain the garden!
    "Dye" your hair a different color from your natural one--unnatural hues encouraged!
    Marry someone living in a swag place in San Myshuno and move in with them.
    Join one of the following careers: Actor/Actress, Business, Politician (Politician branch), Social Media, or Style Influencer.
    Reach level 10 your chosen career
    Have at least 1 child

And lastly--this is more for you, the player, really--after you've sold your family farmhouse...turn it into a park! Renovate it, make it a public space, and then have your sim visit it every Sunday with their family. Who knows? Maybe one of their kids will want to head back out to the countryside, just like their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother did!

So, yeah, that's what I got. I really hope least one other person gets kick out this cause I do not want to admit how long I took on it lol.

Oh WOW!!!!!! I am definitely going to be playing your version!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this, I'm in love!!!!!! <3 Amazing job.
    thank you thread
    Bleubell wrote: »
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Oh WOW!!!!!! I am definitely going to be playing your version!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this, I'm in love!!!!!! <3 Amazing job.

Haha, thank you, I appreciate that. I haven't play tested it yet, so if you ave any observations/feedback on it as you play, I'd love to hear it!
    UPDATE ON MY LEGACY SO FAR!

Gen: 1
    Name: Rose Jardín
    Town: Brindleton Bay
    Family: She is currently pregnant with a baby girl, Daisy, who will carry on the legacy. She has a boyfriend/baby daddy named Río and a cat named Chico.
    Gardening level: 9 (cooking 7, fishing 4, logic 4)
    Career: Botanist level 7 - Sap-Splicer
    She cared for one cow plant but it sadly died (might have forgotten to feed it), so we planted another one. The first one's skeleton is now a garden decoration. RIP.

thank you thread
  • PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    Here is an update on my legacy :)

Gen: 1
    Heir: Jessie Blossom
    Career: Gardener level 3
    Skills: gardening 4, cooking 2, handiness 3, parenting 1
    Family: Jessie and her husband Neal got married in a heat of the moment at the romance festivale. They just got a little baby boy called Gideon and adopted a little Puppy called Peanut Butter (I loved this name, so I kept it :D)

Right now my focus is to upgrade their house (they are still sleeping in a tent), get jessie up in her career and work on baby number 2.

And I'm still trying to decide if I want to go for the original challenge or the version of @FanPhoria. I really like both. But Iguess I still have time to decide.
  • LucentlyAwesomeLucentlyAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Looks so cool!!!!
  • LucentlyAwesomeLucentlyAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Any other challenges I should try?
    edited May 2019
    OKay, so, I started this a long time ago but then I got distracted, and also I didn't really like some of the things I'd done, and when I went back I couldn't really remember where I was at anyway, and plus I know I hadn't gotten that far...long story short, I decided to start over lol. I kept my same sim (I had her saved before starting playing), and I started from scratch, and I've just finished my first "season" in the sim world!

Here's the founder of my gardener challenge, Roselee leRoux
    0OCK6LQ.png
    X8Z4okR.png
    7W20acQ.png

I'd originally changed her name to "Rose Garden", cause I felt like the name I'd made was too weird, but I actually think that's part of why I didn't connect as much with my first run (tho there were other reason too, to be sure). She's actually based on my cousin (well, a grown-up version, she's 12 lol). Her name is Rose and she's lived her whole life in a big city, but she loves visiting the countryside and loves nature and plants and animals and bugs and things, and honestly thinking of her is kind of what inspired me to do this challenge. I'm doing my own version, that I posted here, kind of playtesting it really, and so I may post updates/things I learn as I go.

I started in autumn, cause that's when my cousin's birthday is, which was actually pretty great, cause Harvestfest and gnomes are a great help to kicking off a gardening career! She's joined the Garden Gnomes, got two promotions, and even has a girlfriend now!

It took a while for me to finally settle on a lot--at first I started on the big lot behind the lounge in Brindleton Bay, cause it seemed to have a lot of space, and she would be getting pets eventually. But then, I started really liking the idea of my garden legacy living right next to the magic tree in Willow Creek, even though the lots are smaller. I finally settled onto Daisy Hovel (cute name) even though it's only 20x30--still, I've had magnificent gardens on much smaller lots in the past, so I think I'll be okay! And it's really nice having the magic tree right in backyard--feels very appropriate!

I downloaded an unfurnished barn refurb looking house form the gallery (sorry, I forgot to right down the builder's name!), and I'm slowly filling it with nice things. I decided I'd rather wait and get nicer things as she gets money than deck out the whole house right away. She basically started with just a bed, lol.

oKX9d1o.jpg

I mentioned in my post mapping out my own version that I made a rule against downloading lots with collectibles. Well, my one exception I think is Hare Square, since it has collectibles already and I almost always replace the default lot in my games. As long as it's comparable, garden wise, I think it's okay! So, I did download a nicer "clubhouse" for the Garden Gnomes (I always find Hare Square so lame for them)--again, sorry, forgot to jot down the builder.

So, in her first week, Roselee spent a lot of time at her club house, as well as hunting around for other plants.
    xTaalvl.jpg
    (I think she looks so cute in the green pants she changes into for meetings, haha!) She's found basically all the autumn blooming plants, except grapes and roses ( I read somewhere roses bloom in both spring and fall in the sims). I was pretty bummed about not finding roses tbh--well, I found them, but none of them bloomed before the first snow--I really wanted her to pick some wild autumn roses! Ah well...

Spooky Day was on the same night as the Humor and Hijinks Festival, which seemed appropriate, and she had a pretty good time even if the weather was pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    R7pMkXj.jpg

She had a successful Harvestfest at her clubhouse with the other Garden Gnomes (haha! Gnomes :D), although I did forget that grand breakfasts have meat in them. Whoops.
    drTXaEJ.jpg
    She and Moira are becoming pretty good friends, and I'm thinking of Moira as a kinda of like a mentor to her.
    WecbG3t.jpg

ANd, she did manage to find Sylvan Glade as well, although it took her a few tries. Again: whoops.
    Env2xsm.jpg

So, yeah, it's been fun! I'm playing on long because it's first time doing a challenge like this, and also because I want to spend a good amount of time with this sim. I'll maybe post some more updates here if that doesn't get too annoying for everyone, haha.
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    oh wow, i absolutely want to try this. Not only am I obsessed with legacy challenges, I'm obsessed with the aspect of the perfect garden. Would you suggest me doing a greenhouse or letting it air to the seasons?? Cause with having to pull *all* the plants through each generation can be difficult. I know sims 3 did this, but i haven't gardened long enough in sims 4 to see; do the plants not just die after a while, despite being treated every single day? is that a thing to worry about? also, do I have to get every plant naturally when I can or can I buy them?
  • Minena_HulaMinena_Hula Posts: 1 New Member
    I have started this legacy but it is not clear when the next generation takes over..is it upon aging to elder or death of previous gen, or when the heir hits young adult.
    I have started this legacy but it is not clear when the next generation takes over..is it upon aging to elder or death of previous gen, or when the heir hits young adult.

I'm doing my own modified version of this challenge (posted above), and i haven't gotten super far, BUT the way I've been playing so far is the new generation takes over when the previous one has completed all of their requirements, or they die. So, for instance, in my first gen I have in my version a "must have a perfect example o a rose plant your garden" requirement, which was taking forever and the only thing I had left for that generation really, but I didn't consider the Daisy generation to officially begin till I had, even tho I was still of course doing of of the things for that generation. But for some future ones that might not be super clear, cause the requirements don't all really "complete", so in that case I'd probably do "complete all the requirements that can be completed" and then whenever the next heir ages up to young adult their generation kicks in. Tho there is some overlap, since you might be working on adult requirements of the previous generation while doing things for the next that you need to when they're a kid/teen.
  • Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 6 New Member
    Love the challenge but I have a question. My sims first child is a boy? Do I wait till they have a girl?
  • davis4455davis4455 Posts: 15 Member
    i worked on my own version of this due to not having enough gardening/farming etc... i do like FanPhoria's take on it but i have my own i had an idea for this type of challenge a while ago and decided to see if someone made one and they did but i wanted to take some time and make my own and have some fun making backstory's for the sims and adding in things that people might not normally play with like aliens servos vampires etc... and the vacation worlds the alien collection basically frog cages with aliens inside them i forget what the collection for them is called tbh... i don't think i can make a spoiler tab so i will be uploading my list of things to imgr and wait for when i can make a post to put the photos in plus it will give me time to go over and read what i have done with mine so far the only lifestates that i didn't include were mermaids and spell casters because spell casters are a bit too easy and don't really work in challenges that well and mermaids i didn't include because if you're not in sulani they don't feel that good to play but by all means change up a generation to have a mermaid if you choose to live on the 50x50 lot in sulani that doesn't have water on the lot anyways this comment is long and i can't post photos yet for the rules and info
    oh i also got done reading your version and we had the same idea sort of for after the alien/scientist gen with the animal lover aspiration and the kid being distant from their parents mine takes a dark turn though
    This is my version of the challenge that i made https://imgur.com/a/fp43VsE the photo album is the rules info generations and final thoughts and extras to get a bit creative my personal fav is the gnome family i haven't had one in years since i don't really play sims 3 anymore
  • jimsmithssjimsmithss Posts: 1 New Member
    :D
    I am gardening expert if anyone has any kind of challenge i can do that. I had completed many other challenges too. And i have many cactus pots for home: https://www.expertplantman.com/best-pots-for-christmas-cactus/
  • Casual_SimmerCasual_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    The original post and @FanPhoria 's version in the comments really got me excited to try a gardening legacy challenge, but I don't have any of the expansion packs (and don't plan to buy them any time soon).
    SO, I took what I liked best from both versions and created a base-game-friendly challenge! Hope somebody else can enjoy it too:

Basic rules:
    • Money Cheats are NOT allowed
    • Aesthetic CC and poses are FINE
    • Needs must be on decay AT ALL TIMES
    • Start in Newcrest
    • Feel free to pause aging ONLY FOR STORY PURPOSES
    • Your Sims must live on the SAME LOT for the whole 10 generations. A larger lot is recommended
    • You may edit what your Sims look like in CAS if they 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    • Adoption is okay, but always adopt babies and don't age them up prematurely
    • You may play on any lifespan, just consider them easy, normal and hard modes respectively.
    • All ongoing requirements for each generation are in effect only as long as they are the "reigning" generation, before the next one takes over, in case that is unclear.

Information:
    Your entire 10 generations will be named after harvestable plants in the Sims 4 that you will have in your garden. This is inspired by the fact that your Sims will have a love for nature throughout all 10 generations, living their life on the family farm. This challenge will be about growing and maintaining a garden through those generations, and you will need to keep the garden begun by your founder alive throughout.

Generation 1: ROSE

Rules:
    • Complete the Aspiration
    • Have at least 1 child
    • Collect every base game plant
    • Have no job: earn your money through gardening
    • Care for at least 2 cowplants throughout your life
    • Reach level 10 of the gardening skill
    • Reach at least level 5 in: cooking, parenting and handiness
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the rose plant growing on your lot.

Generation 2: DAISY

Rules:
    • Reach at least level 7 in the Style Influencer Career – Trendsetter Branch.
    • Marry your first friend
    • Have 4 children
    • Reach level 10 charisma
    • Go out at least three times with friends every week.
    • Maintain the garden begun by your parent.
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the daisy plant growing on your lot.

Generation 3: BLUEBELL
    Traits: Family Oriented, Romantic, Neat

Aspiration: Big Happy Family

Rules:
    • Fill your household with children, naming each after a seasonal word (Autumn, June, August, Summer, etc.)
    • Reach level 5 in two different jobs
    • Maintain perfect friendship levels with your siblings
    • Take the kids out on a day trip every Saturday
    • Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the bluebell plant growing on your lot.

Traits: Foodie, Athletic, Insider

Aspiration: Bodybuilder

Information: You grew up being pushed to your limits and you loved every second of it. You love exercise and cooking and want to make your two hobbies work well together. You enjoy using fresh food found on your families farm.

Rules:
    • Complete the Aspiration.
    • Reach level 10 in the athletic career
    • Reach level 5 in the cooking career
    • Reach level 10 in fitness
    • ONLY cook things you have fresh ingredients for (yes, including cakes--only honey and strawberry and carrot cakes allowed)
    • Max both cooking and gourmet cooking skill.
    • Marry another foodie
    • Maintain the garden begun by your predecessors.
    • Have triplets
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the cherry tree growing on your lot.

Generation 5: BASIL
    Traits: Self Assured, Goofball, Childish

Aspiration: Joke Star

Information: You were always the class clown, getting in trouble all the time. You pulled endless amounts of pranks on your siblings and parents. You never want to grow up.

Rules:
    • Reach level 10 in the Entertainment Career: Comedian Branch
    • Reach level 10 comedy
    • Reach at least level 7: charisma and mischief
    • Use a Voodoo Doll on your spouse at least 10 times
    • Marry a musician
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the basil plant growing on your lot.

Generation 6: LEMON
    Traits: Music Lover, Loner, Clumsy

Aspiration: Musical Genius

Information: Your parents were born entertainers, they lived to be on the stage. you share their talents but you are very shy and reserved. However, you still dream of being a well known and respected musician.

Rules:
    • Reach level 10 in the Entertainment Career: Musician Branch
    • Reach level 10: piano and singing
    • Reach level 7: guitar and violin
    • Have only 1 friend outside of your family
    • Marry that friend
    • Have 2 children: Twins (you can use cheats for this)
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the lemon tree growing on your lot.

Generation 7: APPLE
    Traits: Jealous, Non Committal, Gloomy

Information: You always felt like your were second best to your twin (whether this is true or not is up to you). You often spent time burring your head in books, learning lots of different things, but never mastering them.

Rules:
    • Careers chosen to complete the aspiration must include the following: Writer, secret agent, astronaut
    • Write a Book
    • Paint 1 Masterpiece
    • Write a Song
    • Change jobs once you get to level 4
    • Have at least 3 jobs
    • You never retire
    • You never marry
    • You have 3 different children from one night stands
    • A relationship is allowed after the children are born
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the apple tree growing on your lot.

Generation 8: LILY
    Traits: Genius, Squeamish, Lazy

Aspiration: Computer Whiz

Information: You grew up confused and conflicted about your parent’s relationship. This made you a troubled child who had to visit many therapists and doctors. You found comfort in video games and rely on them throughout your life.

Rules:
    • Complete the aspiration.
    • Marry someone you met at work
    • Naturally progress into the overweight section
    • Reach level 10 in the Freelance Programming career
    • Reach skill level 10 in video games and programming
    • Have 2 children
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have a perfect example of the lily plant growing on your lot.

Generation 9: SAGE

Rules:
    • Have 3 children
    • Always work from home
    • Reach level 10 in fitness and cooking
    • Reach level ten of painting, writing, gourmet cooking, or any instrument.
    • Do not feed the children unhealthy food or snacks
    • By the end of this sim's life, you must have ALL PERFECT PLANTS IN YOUR GARDEN, and there must be at least one of each type of base plant

Aspiration: Your choice between Fabulously Wealthy and Serial Romantic

Rules:
    • Have a perfect orchid plant in a pot/planter with you in the ‘city’. (For me/base game, the ‘city’ is already-developed Willow Creek or Oasis Springs)
    • "Dye" your hair a different color from your natural one--unnatural hues encouraged!
    • Marry into one of the "elite" families in the game (Landgraabs, Goths, Villereals, ect.) What qualifies is up to you, and if you don't play with MCCC I realize this will be difficult, so just make sure they live in a big house or something, lol)
    • Join one of the following careers: Business, Criminal, or Style Influencer.
    • Reach level 10 your chosen career
    • Reach level 10 in 3 skills of your choice
    • Throw a party every weekend
    • Have at least 1 child

And lastly--this is more for you, the player, really--after you've moved out of your family farmhouse...turn it into a park! Renovate it, make it a public space, and then have your sim visit it every Sunday with their family. Who knows? Maybe one of their kids will want to head back out to the countryside, just like their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother did!
  • Casual_SimmerCasual_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Woops - I checked everything for base-game compliance except traits.

Generation 1 - ROSE should have traits: Ambitious, Loves the Outdoors, Good

Generation 4 - CHERRY should have traits: Foodie, Athletic, Outgoing

Generation 8 - LILY should have traits: Genius, Slob, Lazy

Generation 10 - ORCHID should have traits: Ambitious, Materialistic, Romantic
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hi @Bleubell I have been eyeing this challenge for a long time and have decided it would be a fun way to discover Henford upon Bagley.
    XWKnQcZ.png
    Meet my Sim Terra Rose Tillman who made a beeline for the pond to splash around in her leather boots.

yPsSRGJ.png
    I have moved her into the 64x64 lot in New Old? Old New? Henford. She has bought castle ruins and will slowly be building the castle one room at a time as she gets money. The castle is marked out using debug ruins so I can remember where to build the rooms. On my Gallery as Castle Ruins

eXntxrv.png
    She seems to like the neighbors. Do you like the fuschia roses on her dress?