Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What popular idea do you NOT want added to The Sims 4?

Comments

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I dunno, I can always just not buy the things I'm not interested in, and very few things are patched in these days. I probably wouldn't pay money for farming, but if others want to that's fine. I'm more interested in what would be patched in improvements to gameplay, like an option for story progression you could turn on, or an ability to turn certain packs on or off depending on the save.
    You're totally right! I guess I just meant like, if there was an announcement for X Pack, you wouldn't want to buy it and have it in your game necessarily.

But yeah there's always the option to just not buy it, but that seems to be an unpopular concept sometimes. I mean even I would still eventually buy a pack I wasn't interested in just to complete my collection or because I like some of the items vs. the entirety of the pack. Like with Vampires, I honestly don't care about having vampire Sims, but I loooveee the decor items. And I got it for $10 lol.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    University
    ctthomas wrote: »
    I don't think Werewolves would add much content, and aren't Zombies really similar to what we just got in StrangerVille?

Though I don't care for witches, I understand that a lot of people do, so I wouldn't be upset if this pack was released.

I also don't understand what "going to school" would really add to the game? In school, you mainly just sit in your seat and listen to a lecture and/or do classwork. It doesn't seem very engaging. I WOULD like the ability to run daycares/preschools, though, because they're much different.

EAxis actually can make a werewolves GP that has enough interesting content but only on the condition that they go way out of the way and ambitiously make stuff only werewolf fans would expect like a full on Powers/Weaknesses tree, CAS options that are unlocked using the tree (Different fur shapes, color swatches for the fur, optional muzzle and furry pointy ears etc), Exclusive options when making a club using Get Together whom only members are all werewolves etc.

I believe that a SimGuru said somewhere that the EA people aren't their overlords, it's just them aka Maxis actually running the show. Anyway, I could stand to do without University, too much realism imo.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Zombies
    Zombies definitely zombies. Can't stand them but if we got them I'd hope they wouldn't be mixed in with something I actually want.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    Zombies
    Just not a big fan of zombies. It's fine if they come in their own pack (that I probably won't buy) or if I can completely turn them off, though. Won't deny other people their brain-eating, skin dripping, staggering fun. I just don't want it. Everything else on the list looks like fun to me!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    University
    University! I've never seen the appeal in it on previous games (in comparison with other ideas)

I'd really like the farming one though! Strangerville was the first game I bought on release and I think I'd do the same with farming.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Zombies
    I'd probably be more of a combo person as well. Voted zombies because I absolutely can't stand them (the infected population in Strangerville is bad enough), especially the way Sims 3 dealt with them; half of my University population turned into zombies on the full moon then were perfectly normal the next day. I had to install a no-zombie mod to have a halfway enjoyable frat party. I'm fine with other supernatural beings and I need my witches badly -- that's the one I tend to play the most and if they treat them as well as they did vampires they might be the best ever in the series.

But I'm meh on the #FreeTheBabies as well -- at this point in the game I'm not even sure they could do it without breaking the saves of people who have babies in their game, unless they went around warning people to age up their babies before installing the patch. Maybe that could be left for the theoretical/mythical Sims 5.

I'm okay with active school if it's optional, but I'm more interested in seeing homework updated. I enjoy MFP because children can study the rodent and it counts as the day's homework. I'd like to see more homework options like that to get a break from the plum schoolbooks. Maybe children can draw X number of drawings for their Art homework, or practice an instrument for music. Teens could work out on the exercise equipment at the gym or write an essay on the computer. Things like that. I wouldn't mind a semi-active school option -- homeschooling or study from home (like the CL careers or Gardening and Military careers) as an option.

Strangerville is okay -- the theme isn't my cup of Earl Grey, Hot, but the mechanics in a different scenario (like a murder mystery game in a secluded mansion, or a cruise ship where someone is stealing items from passengers and you have to find out who it is) could be fun. Now that I found the cheats that immediately end the scenario, I can turn Strangerville into Normalville in most of my saves and just do the scenario for my template. (I also remove the Infected trait from the premades that have it, just in case. I do like having the Military career back for my Active Sims when I don't want to put them into athletics, And I could see Criminal Sims getting some use out of the bugs so they can blackmail other Sims. And I do love the world -- I'm working on an empty save where I've deleted almost all the existing Sims and filling it with the older Sim families (like the Newbies and Pleasants) that Maxis has been uploading, so having that extra world will help out with that project. (I'm also going to edit and add some of the BG Sims -- I want to move Johnny Zest back in with the Landgraabs then age them down where Johnny is a teen and Malcolm a child, also age down the Goths and make Cassandra a child and Alexander a toddler.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    A combination of these // OTHER
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I dunno, I can always just not buy the things I'm not interested in, and very few things are patched in these days. I probably wouldn't pay money for farming, but if others want to that's fine. I'm more interested in what would be patched in improvements to gameplay, like an option for story progression you could turn on, or an ability to turn certain packs on or off depending on the save.

True, but I think people don't want to see these things for 2 reasons.

1. The devs are spending time creating something you don't want. Possibly limited time (3 years left? Is that still valid? Who knows...) And that might mean they're creating something at the expense of creating something different that you did want.

2. For many players, these packs come with CAS and build/buy items that they want anyway. So they end up paying for in-game features that they won't use because they want the items. Yes, I know that's a personal choice, but I think most people would rather pay for a pack that they would use the majority of.
    I'm okay with active school if it's optional, but I'm more interested in seeing homework updated. I enjoy MFP because children can study the rodent and it counts as the day's homework. I'd like to see more homework options like that to get a break from the plum schoolbooks. Maybe children can draw X number of drawings for their Art homework, or practice an instrument for music. Teens could work out on the exercise equipment at the gym or write an essay on the computer. Things like that. I wouldn't mind a semi-active school option -- homeschooling or study from home (like the CL careers or Gardening and Military careers) as an option.
    I really love this idea!! I'd never thought of having other activities count as homework. I think that's great, and thanks for the tip on the rodent cage- I knew you could study it but didn't notice it counted for homework!
  • PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    Zombies
    I would really like more occult stuff like witches. But zombies.. meh. Wouldn't add that to my game. Well, I guess I would still get it if the objects and other stuff would be amazing xD Strangerville for example looks like somthing that isn't my cup of tea gameplay-wise, but the objects and cas-stuff is really nice. Would be nice if there was an option to turn on/off occult stuff for townies.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Active school mode (i.e. going to school with your Sim)
    There are more than one in there that I don't care for but the one I feel strongly against the most is the active school one. It would be just following a checklist with your kid while the rest of the family gets ignored for 8 sim hours like it happens with the Get to Work active careers. No thank you. Give me after school activities, hobbies, and a private school (rabbit hole) but not an active school mode.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I am up for farming, uni, babies, school and everything but i do not want occults. I never play with vampires and avoid aliens too xD
    I would not hate to have occults in my game tho, because i know, a lot of people really want them, my husband for example. He plays the few vamps and aliens in my savefile and he really enjoys it. Maybe if it was like vampires and you don't have to deal with them a lot or like fame and you can decide to make specific sims occult without to fear, that they would overrun the whole world 😃
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    Zombies
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Zombies were annoying in Sims 3. Never want to see them again.

My feelings exactly! :D
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    Zombies
    I'm so surprised free babies got voted on. I want to be able to interact with my children in all stages of their life. I want all these, plus a romance pack, but NO zombies!!! They are pointless and annoying

You forgot CARS...cars is a big one too. I want cars just as much as university and free babies
    There are more than one in there that I don't care for but the one I feel strongly against the most is the active school one. It would be just following a checklist with your kid while the rest of the family gets ignored for 8 sim hours like it happens with the Get to Work active careers. No thank you. Give me after school activities, hobbies, and a private school (rabbit hole) but not an active school mode.
    YES! I want private school to come back so bad! Uniforms, tuition, different scenario notifications than the, like, six we cycle through lol. And more after school activities. Sims love to dance for some reason - give us ballet back for kids/teens, and maybe some other dance styles like tap, jazz, etc. I took tap and ballet in grades K-3 and could have continued until grade 8 but chose to quit lol. Things that would give kids (including teens) the upper hand in their adult life - mock trial (political career perhaps, lawyer if they ever add that), sports clubs, music/choir, etc. Would be awesome! I love the drama and scout after school activities but the more the merrier tbh.
    soko37 wrote: »
    I'm so surprised free babies got voted on. I want to be able to interact with my children in all stages of their life. I want all these, plus a romance pack, but NO zombies!!! They are pointless and annoying

You forgot CARS...cars is a big one too. I want cars just as much as university and free babies
    Honestly you're so right (as well as a few others) - I should have replaced zombies for cars lol.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Zombies
    I voted no zombies

And from poll results it looks like a ton of people agree with me.

No point whatsoever, and they're gross and have no personality. At least witches and werewolves are interesting, lol

There were a few other things I didn't want also, but I can't remember offhand what they were

Very fun poll though! 😊
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Zombies
    I'm so glad I'm in a majority. Zombies are so over even "The Walking Dead" is coming to an end! At least we can get rid of StrangeVille's infection with a bit of work. All the rest I am willing to have, put up with or suffer in the game. :)
  • SvanetianRoseSvanetianRose Posts: 31 Member
    University
    I'm not too interested in having University, though I love all the supernatural stuff so witches, werewolves, and zombies would be cool : D
    Origin ID: SvanetianRoses
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Oh, another one that I just thought of - Open World! I never got the appeal of it - even the few times I did play Sims 3 I found it incredibly stressful if I ever had more than one person in a household.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Active school mode (i.e. going to school with your Sim)
    Open school doesn't interest me. Send them off to their little off-screen rabbit holes.

That's not to say that I don't want them to make open school, it's just a pack I'd skip. Zombies (although I don't think they are popular) never bothered me, I just ignored them.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Oh, another one that I just thought of - Open World! I never got the appeal of it - even the few times I did play Sims 3 I found it incredibly stressful if I ever had more than one person in a household.
    I was going to include open world, but I think it's been pretty firmly cemented by the devs that it won't happen for TS4. If they can figure out how to do an open world for "TS5" without it being as computer-intensive as TS3 then that's great. But I don't think it'll ever happen for this game... and I hope it doesn't! TS3 was almost not even enjoyable, especially as I installed more and more packs, because it ran so slowly. I'd much rather have smaller worlds, neighborhoods, and loading screens (that for me, take at MOST five full seconds).
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Witches
    storyy wrote: »
    I was going to include open world, but I think it's been pretty firmly cemented by the devs that it won't happen for TS4. If they can figure out how to do an open world for "TS5" without it being as computer-intensive as TS3 then that's great. But I don't think it'll ever happen for this game... and I hope it doesn't! TS3 was almost not even enjoyable, especially as I installed more and more packs, because it ran so slowly. I'd much rather have smaller worlds, neighborhoods, and loading screens (that for me, take at MOST five full seconds).

Wow that must be nice! My loading screens take between 5 to 20 minutes! So we don't travel much haha. That being said that just tells me that an open-world would probably be way too slow on my computer and I'm thankful we don't have one. Once the game actually does load I have no issues playing with it and I don't get too much lag.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don't care about occults, active school mode, or freeing the babies.
    Wow that must be nice! My loading screens take between 5 to 20 minutes! So we don't travel much haha. That being said that just tells me that an open-world would probably be way too slow on my computer and I'm thankful we don't have one. Once the game actually does load I have no issues playing with it and I don't get too much lag.

Really! Wow, I didn't know it could take so long for this game, honestly. In TS3 it would take me probably between 10-30 minutes to load up my game. I would load up a save and just... wait... or go do something else for a bit lol. But TS4 is almost seamless for me... I don't mind it at all! If I've been playing for a while sometimes I'll start lagging so I'll quit the game for a few minutes and boot it back up just fine. I hope one day you have a super speedy machine that can handle your games like it's nothing :)
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2019
    Zombies
    storyy wrote: »

Oh no. I thought sims 4 was super compatible with lower end computers. My screens always take a few seconds. I didn't know people were experiencing these wait times. That would be awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top