Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spar with Others

I added the new bots to my gym. When I click 'Spar with Others' and pick a known sim on the lot, either one of them will start, but the other never does. The other sim always starts doing something else, like pushups, stretching, or walking off to another gym item. No matter how many times I try, it always ends the same. Since I need 'Spar with Others' completed for the Military requirement, this is a problem. It stays at 'Not Started'.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone been able to complete the sparring requirement? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I have this issue as well, could be mod related for me not sure.

However, when you get to level 4 of the military career you unlock the ability to spar and that works just fine for me.

With that one you click on the other SIM and spar.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FalseZenFalseZen Posts: 87 Member
    Ah, perhaps this is the whole problem. It isn't asking about the bots at all, but sparring with another sim? Can't spar until I get promoted to a higher level, but how to get promoted with completing the daily tasks.? Quite the conundrum. Thank you for your response Zeldaboy180!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Well, I think the fitness machine is bugged either way.

I think you can do it both ways, either through the fitness machine, or military.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can also find Spar in the Friendly social menu.
    edited February 2019
    I got to spar with another sim using the fitness bot, and they both finally took a turn. Still reads 'Not Started' though. I have max fitness. Everybody in my game does, except for the new Strangerville. Especially created by me. Iol

I cannot find Spar under the friendly social. I have looked for every sim I have come across. I believe Zelda is correct, and that it doesn't show up until certain requirements for military level are met. I was hoping anyone would be able to spar, Military or not. Or, do they need to be in Strangerville to spar with another sim? No, that wouldn't make sense. Military is available for all.

Edited: I eventually chose the 'Work From Home' option, and it changed to "Practice Sparring'. Which is nice. Maybe now I'll get that promotion. ;)
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I was able to spar with another sim, but that sim was also in the military. I did notice that the option disappeared when my sim became uncomfortable (she was really tired). It could be that the ability to spar with others is conditional. Then again, it may just be buggy.
    Thanks Vulori. I'll try to find another Military sim, and see if the option to spar is available with them. I have only been able to 'Spar with Others' once with the Fitness bot. Haven't been able to do it again. So, that infernal machine is definitely buggy. :s
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    FalseZen wrote: »
    Thanks Vulori. I'll try to find another Military sim, and see if the option to spar is available with them. I have only been able to 'Spar with Others' once with the Fitness bot. Haven't been able to do it again. So, that infernal machine is definitely buggy. :s

I really hope that you can spar with more than just military sims. It's not like I want to give a ton of sims this career. It would be very fun activity if you could spar with everyone. I could make a "fighting" studio with the sims.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I took my sim to a community lot and the option to spar showed up on everyone, even non-military sims. One of those sims is one I couldn't find the option to spar with before either, but this time it showed up. So it seems like it may be buggy. Also, it takes several times for the spar with others daily task to complete, so it's still kind of a pain.

I'm not sure sims that aren't in the military career get the option to spar with others. I switched to a household that had two sims maxed out in fitness and neither one got the option to pop up. The spar option also has the military career symbol next to it too, so I'm not sure.
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    The requirement is to spar with a Sim and not the bot thing. I invited co-workers over and sparred with them.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    My sim is a minor sergent in the military and uses the bot machine to spar. I haven't sparred with another sim, but the option was there in the friendly interactions. I hope the military/bot isn't buggy, I was really looking forward to this career. :# Oh and he has just started the investigating. I don't plan to have him discover anything anytime soon, I want to take my time.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • kenzeecritzkenzeecritz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys, I was just having the same issue but figured it out. I have twin sisters who are both in the military career and just got to level 4. They both have the daily task of sparring with someone and I figured out that you get the option to spar when your sim is level 5 fitness. Now I'm unsure if both sims who are sparring need to be level 5, both of them are level 5 to get promoted. The "spar" option will pop up in the friendly area of talking with the military symbol next to it. Hope this helped!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    my one strangerville military sim that i cheated into my household was able to spar with other sims even though he had zero fitness skill (he was also rank 4 in the military. seems most of the randomly spawned ones are). now, because he had started out one of those sort of unique townies, he might have had access to the interaction early. dunno

i do know that the sim you ask to spar doesn't need to have any fitness at all. they just agree and 'fight'
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have built an Army Gym with a sparring ring. It works great!

EDIT: Sorry, I see you were asking about sparring together at the machine. I can do this too. I always tried in fitness studios.

IjbNbIl.jpg

FcczT3g.jpg

B1MTnGa.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Hi guys, I was just having the same issue but figured it out. I have twin sisters who are both in the military career and just got to level 4. They both have the daily task of sparring with someone and I figured out that you get the option to spar when your sim is level 5 fitness. Now I'm unsure if both sims who are sparring need to be level 5, both of them are level 5 to get promoted. The "spar" option will pop up in the friendly area of talking with the military symbol next to it. Hope this helped!

I am still confused. Call me dense. Are you saying that EVERY sim, no matter the career, can spar at level 5 fitness? Because that would be awesome! I still am really bummed they would bring sparring back without a full-fledged martial arts skill but this will have to suffice I suppose!!
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't get the option for my sims to spar even though they have fitness maxed it won't come up for a non military sim except on the sparring thing
    Post edited by Kathy090660 on
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

EDIT: Sorry, I see you were asking about sparring together at the machine. I can do this too. I always tried in fitness studios.

IjbNbIl.jpg

FcczT3g.jpg

B1MTnGa.jpg

I like your sparring ring. Have you considered using the yellow and black "tape" in FENCE mode instead of those rope fences? Supposedly, sims can't walk over those like a tall fence.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    pretty sure the rope fences are supposed to represent the ropes on a boxing ring, something we've got nothing even remotely similar to
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You can spar with anyone in the neighborhood it doesn’t need to be military I am sure Marcus Flex isn’t military and my sim was sparring with him.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • lizardquxxnlizardquxxn Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been able to spar with anyone in gyms so maybe the other person needs the fitness skill for you to be able to spar with them
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019

IjbNbIl.jpg

FcczT3g.jpg

B1MTnGa.jpg

This is awesome! I love the ropes, adds a bit of drama I think and reminds of a boxing ring.