Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    In the early evening the family went to the local bowling alley
    I0hxsEy.jpg
    r9bM8yt.jpg
    Travis met a grandchild of him and talked to her
    qiy8No1.jpg

while the others were bowling
    h9vHdzP.jpg
    QKfv0Fb.jpg
    fQJR2KW.jpg
    7Yq9a1P.jpg

then Travis got his notice that he´s pregnant again! It will be his 13th and Haldir´s 15th child (I think it´s too much but they are fairies on an epic lifespan and love children, they have to deal with the Christmas and birthday presents, not me :D ) and Haldir congratulated him (a very lame animation, if you ask me!)
    mzSM5SK.jpg
    to celebrate and to show their affection to each other, they danced together (they are so cute with each other!)
    AqBGH5o.jpg
    Mxos0ZF.jpg

their grandchildren made a photo meanwhile and played basketball after that
    BA3cU2a.jpg
    UD9RwuN.jpg
    yu0lXJc.jpg
    guess who won
    R3INJ4Y.jpg

and this two tried out their luck
    ThWNyAo.jpg
    This post will be very picture heavy, so I´ll put the most screenshots into a spoiler.
    And this update is just about Stella and Tyler playing Black Jack, so if you don´t want to watch the funny faces they pulled while playing, you don´t have to load all the screenies!

So make your stakes, you two!
    0cTuBXS.jpg
    jUXAm7a.jpg

Stella played on high risk
    1xv7p6S.jpg
    z7cVEiC.jpg
    q2SfTXT.jpg
    yHtMgeP.jpg
    aqrEg2G.jpg
    ed34Hh7.jpg
    DLovMkW.jpg
    Ix4UbF7.jpg
    uu9eMm0.jpg
    cNZHcU6.jpg
    0NrRDVU.jpg
    Zi9zUvV.jpg
    HMuV9KZ.jpg
    wVdIiCT.jpg
    Z4vbqeS.jpg
    Es2XDw7.jpg
    jGxNtfg.jpg
    dgs7RuX.jpg
    5DzchUX.jpg
    QHEt0P3.jpg
    kdm8AD7.jpg
    s0SsQ5F.jpg
    xxL1h0X.jpg
    fvNJd9P.jpg

Tyler was counting the cards
    7uxn2ls.jpg
    aIkzizx.jpg
    96ML9eg.jpg
    vdfASaB.jpg
    kADPnK9.jpg
    JgE4KUf.jpg
    yCEzpuZ.jpg
    DyrZ2L0.jpg
    hfgklUt.jpg
    hVruZAc.jpg
    NgNZ60U.jpg
    2js9AZl.jpg
    IdzpUbr.jpg
    R7CNPr4.jpg
    yDtAmBT.jpg
    G7TvoRq.jpg
    yEtwXav.jpg
    1vj7mgo.jpg
    NBElCDP.jpg
    91MEoqO.jpg
    SEy9iQQ.jpg
    zR2Lean.jpg
    TZIdZ8p.jpg
    VkgiCEq.jpg
    JRUeCur.jpg
    DTGXrka.jpg
    XZB3X9d.jpg
    E26LKgp.jpg
    TIzx7Iq.jpg
    FghAl1V.jpg
    hwrs3fc.jpg
    1yR2e30.jpg
    KsWP8AW.jpg
    6NHncev.jpg
    shkCR8p.jpg
    kznqUgd.jpg
    AguACei.jpg
    NZ9zkfg.jpg
    WyrQewm.jpg
    5t0nupy.jpg
    oNKAdys.jpg
    XpbCFlc.jpg

they were big competitors
    OGLINFR.jpg
    Iv6FPQu.jpg
    ijBYLiB.jpg
    bZF45mM.jpg
    mx05LZv.jpg
    VliisvW.jpg
    MDjuncG.jpg
    j9NTRDb.jpg
    yAcBpGk.jpg
    8DRu1Ss.jpg

And although it seems, according to the pictures, that Tyler had won, well, he lost 1000 Simoleons, Stella 8000. It was not such a good sleep they fell into that night! :p
    On their last day at Cape Garner Islands the family started their day quite relaxed. Everyone was packing and when the dogs needed to have a walk, everyone took a dog and went across the island.
    Tyler went with Tyson and I can´t even think of his thoughts when he had to wait for Tyson >:)
    WhfaiUe.jpg
    3f7zFMo.jpg
    C4snz1y.jpg

Meanwhile Taius played with Streuner
    JsFpD0u.jpg
    3XZ2Z5n.jpg
    tZcQIwy.jpg
    SmzMcyH.jpg
    they had lots of fun

In the late afternoon the boys went out for dinner, Stella stayed home "to take care of the pets" (she was still packing!) ;)
    nKxd0WT.jpg
    TE7lIhR.jpg

when all of them were back home again the couples ended their last day by watching the stars, Taius and Christian played table football
    2NDS4AM.jpg

Very early in the morning they took the first ferry to leave the island and to go home to Moonlight Falls
    They arrived in the late afternoon and Tyler was the only one who hadn´t eaten at the plane so he went to grab something from the food generator after filling the pet bowls
    lxX6v4x.jpg
    Vv5MAsU.jpg
    rNfxJgL.jpg

Evidently Travis and Haldir were in the need to move a bit,so they fought against each other. Keep in mind, that Travis is pregnant! He didn´t take it easy and won the fight (but I think Haldir let him win, because he wanted to spare his husband!)
    KQPxvqG.jpg
    bE5UKdk.jpg

Streuner had to adapt himself to the garden again as it seemed, he was running around in the garden and then stopped in front of the bowl and was frightened of it (didn´t know what to think about him, to be true! :o )
    bcVYfoW.jpg
    VLHWO9p.jpg
    all others relaxed instead
    u8ibS9R.jpg

but then it began to rain, so the family was creative indoors
    6nNRPC3.jpg
    FvnR4Fo.jpg
    and while Christian was writing on his book, Streuner was sleeping, the new surrounding seemed to make him tired
    but in the night, when everyone was sleeping, he felt lonely
    3qwkgRu.jpg
    As you noticed perhaps, I didn´t post a few days. That´s because I had to work a lot in real life and wasn´t in the mood to play with the family.
    And I´ve purchased Aurora Skies Gold and then stumbled across a fixed version of AS for seasons, where the snow has the right texture.
    So I sat in front of the TV a lot while I was travelling* from Moonlight Falls to Aurora Skies, pick up all important Sims there (Haldir´s brother Hendrik and his family), moved them to a different town temporarily, installed the fixed AS version, had to rebuild the town a bit and then I travelled back to AS with this Sims. Now I´m playing them a bit, so my next update will be about a different branch of the Helmquist family!
    So prepare for Hendrik (left) and Argus Helmquist
    jS3cJle.jpg
    *travelling lasts 20 to 25 minutes every time, so I could watch TV a lot ;)
    Before I tell more about Haldir´s brother Hendrik I think it´s useful to show you their parents and tell a bit about the family bonds and their history.
    First let me show you the parents of Haldir,Hendrik and their other 8 siblings.
    this is Hennig, the father/founder of the big Helmquist family
    wuqQD1J.jpg
    he is a very powerful warlock and sometimes he can be seen coursing somebody and threatening them :)

this is Freia, his wife. She is the most powerful fairy (next to Haldir) of her fairy people (you can´t see her wings, because in my game the fairies are so mighty that they can hide their wings to not to be recognized by normal people) (nee, I have a mod that makes fairy wings invisible, because if you play with a family/town of fairies the only thing wich you can see are their wings which causes some headache for me)
    Her father is the king of the fairies and he is very angry that his daughter married a witch!
    C4XuNv4.jpg
    JmKIORO.jpg

they run away to Moonlight Falls to live together and they married when Freia was expecting their first child, Haldir. It was on a full moon in a private ceremony long years ago now, only the moon was their witness.
    KRwx9rz.jpg
    they are still in love very much, when you see them in town they still flirt and kiss, as if they were newly weds!
    6XpvBUu.jpg

Hendrik is their third oldest child and he also is a level 10 warlock
    o7f2Olj.jpg

when Haldir moved out Hendrick was a teen and he was sad about it, because in fact Haldir raised him and some of his younger siblings. Freia and Henning were loving their kids, but they loved each other even more so they only had eyes for each other. When Haldir got divorced to his wife (it was a fake marriage, I will explain that later, when we´re back with Haldir and Travis), Hendrik joyfully took the chance to move into Haldir´s house, where the two oldest children of Haldir and his ex-wife, Misty and Emmerson, lived, too. So he took care of them and could help Haldir in return.
    Hendrik became an adult and got to know Argus Brown, a young soon-to-be doctor. They fell in love immidiately and married a few weeks later, like Hendrik´s parents in a private marriage.
    mGPw0Vg.jpg
    FGMBCkz.jpg
    QEjhSkJ.jpg
    1dHmQZk.jpg
    TBNehRu.jpg
    (it was in Misty´s bedroom, her favourite colour is purple/pink, so the room looks like a bubble gum :D )

they then moved out and founded a family on their own. Their two oldest 'boys' still live in Moonlight Falls with their families, but when Argus got promoted to the highest doctor level, he got a very good job offer at the hospital of Aurora Skies. And because Hendrik is a well known rock star and just plays few concerts, it didn´t matter where he lived, so both decided to move to Aurora Skies.
    they live there many years now, got a few more children, some of them already young adults and love their life so far.

they´ve gotten twins recently, so I decided to change to them to help the kids to start in a successfully life, although Hendrik and Argus are very good parents, their grown up children are leading very good lives, too.
    L10HVu2.jpg
    edited January 2019
    They had been to Moonlight Falls recently to show the twins to the grandparents and to their 2 sons living there and came back to Aurora Skies at early afternoon.
    sma0AQJ.jpg
    ciBZA6c.jpg

While the big ones ate, the little twins Hannes and Andre were talking with each other
    TgOkJuU.jpg
    0TYpbtU.jpg

They live in this house
    Fwy1CuO.jpg
    vweMrja.jpg
    JqzAlzl.jpg
    74mlig4.jpg
    next to Haldir´s and Travis´ house
    1RF3Sla.jpg

when in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Milton got a new outfit by his grandmother, they both went to a big shopping center and Freia forced Milton to buy something more fashionable than this
    QOqzWcI.jpg
    and he looks much better in his new clothes, well done, grandma!
    v0rGAdu.jpg
    SAIJRiC.jpg

after re-clothing, Milton got Andre up and put him to bed
    Hannes was put to bed by Argus and he watched over their sleep, untill he himself and all the others went to bed, too.
    tOlXVEo.jpg

before going to bet, Hendrik went to the cat pension to take their two cats back home, they haven´t been to 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    the boy (I can´t remember his name, sorry) (edited: now I can: Mojo is his name!)
    tP2w9iw.jpg
    g33XwTi.jpg
    and the girl, Minnie
    zuu2uaH.jpg
    B1hFiti.jpg
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Promotion worked, bookmarked :smiley:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I know you've been writing a lot of this, and it's really good, but when are you going to write more Streuner?
    @Mouselline : Thanks for your kind words! I asked Streuner and he said, that he will work on it and you will get news of his life whenever he is ready! ;) he then turned around in the bed and slept deeply...
    (Tomorrow!)
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Mouselline : Thanks for your kind words! I asked Streuner and he said, that he will work on it and you will get news of his life whenever he is ready! ;) he then turned around in the bed and slept deeply...
    (Tomorrow!)

Yay!🥳 plz tell streuner I can’t wait and that he’s the #1 cat
    @Mouselline : Uh, we won´t tell him this, will we?!? His ego already is bigger than it´s good for him, so telling him he´s the number one is like putting gasoline into a fire! :p
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Mouselline : Uh, we won´t tell him this, will we?!? His ego already is bigger than it´s good for him, so telling him he´s the number one is like putting gasoline into a fire! :p

LOL good point😂😂😂
    On the next day, a Sunday, Ares was the first to wake up. He went to his brother´s bedroom and watched TV (it´s his favourite place for watching TV, although there are better TVs in the house!) The twins woke up shortly after and played at the block table together. During the night, their hair grew magically and they got different clothes. It´s a bit weird, but hey, we´re at a warlock´s home, so magical things could happen, right?!? ;)
    5bdCOP3.jpg
    dgNgQwf.jpg

After everybody was awake, Argus made some breakfast and they ate together, but at the hospital there was an emergency, so Argus had to hurry to the surgical operation.
    ng6BQDQ.jpg

So it was on Hendrik to care for the twins. First he fed them
    OFQeiGm.jpg
    CIwUybs.jpg
    hdGEBZS.jpg
    then he made them ready for a day full of fun, excitement and learning.
    BSaW1G8.jpg

Milton went fishing at the beach
    MjhWZ0z.jpg
    he likes to be outside

while Ares went back to Milton´s room to watch TV again. Later he was joined by Andre. (Good for Milton that Ares made the bed for him!)
    P3OLbND.jpg

But Hendrik didn´t want his little one to watch TV, he thinks that the twins are too little to sit in front of the TV the whole day, so he picked Andre up and put him on the seahorse so Andre could have some better thrilling experience.
    WvLhheY.jpg
    CGJP4n0.jpg
    DTMsmbt.jpg
    s7Q8UTu.jpg

then he took Milton up from the beach and began to teach him to drive (no pictures here, Milton asked me urgently not to blame him! :p )
    But because Ares was still watching TV and didn´t take a closer look of what the twins were doing, the family lost a few chairs and carpets to the destructive anger of the little werewolves
    TrwJluH.jpg
    eJBUpQz.jpg
    but as you can see, Argus came back from the hospital and saw what was going on so he scolded both
    VY3q3ss.jpg
    yMfwfpa.jpg
    X618lzH.jpg
    but he couldn´t be mad at them for long and so he snuggled and listened to Andre, what he had done the day
    Q5mvi9n.jpg

another family member was destructive, too. (Argus and Hendrik have a lot of work to do in the future!)
    OndeYSd.jpg

meanwhile Milton passed his driving test and was so excited to be able to drive his new car on his own, that he chewed an ear on his father (as we Germans say when somebody is constantly talking :D )
    jKjeJDV.jpg
    Eyxrd73.jpg
    nZ4v0sE.jpg

When they were home again, Hendrik played the laser harp and Milton sat outside in the play house
    xASSio1.jpg
    while Argus and Ares talked to each other first, then they fought and then they had a meeting at the trash cans
    EUsAwhL.jpg
    jUHruIC.jpg
    later, when the others were sleeping, Argus inspected the trash a bit further, apparently he must have something traced in them and he found two virtual reality glasses (don´t know how they´re called in English) then he went to bed, too.
    Lr8sVzq.jpg
    yrrvliv.jpg
    And here is the branch of Hendrik´s family tree, so that everybody can follow who belongs to whom, when I write something about the Helmquist family
    oteNA0J.jpg
    (at the top) Freia and Henning Helmquist
    (2. line) Hendrik and Argus Helmquist
    (3. line) Hannes/Andre/Milton/Henke/Jerik/Andrew/Morris/Jebediah/Ares
    While Argus worked for free in the park he healed all the Sims who came to the park (a few of them belong to the family so theoretically they could pay for his cure, but nothing comes of nothing, right?
    DTFpihO.jpg
    Hendrik was at home and took care of the twins
    CZ60Obh.jpg
    perhaps not as much fun as he wanted to have
    but overcame the moment of disappointment over the lacking skills his little one had and encouraged his son (always praising your little princes/princesses, of course they are better than all the other kids! ;) )
    Svb1yAW.jpg
    when he was sure that the little ones were safely playing
    bYD1NUN.jpg
    he cleaned the garden from noxal insects
    oOMqDSE.jpg
    had some fun at the broom
    F3yPSXn.jpg
    aFR05Nb.jpg
    K6w7R02.jpg
    worked on some fan posts and thought about a new song
    MkG6nZK.jpg
    and prepared the dinner so they could eat together, when everybody was home again
    m5MtlIi.jpg
    while eating they discussed the day
    and as Argus cared for the twins to make them ready for the night Hendrik played video games together with Milton and Ares.
    It was so exciting, that Ares had to change into werewolf form ( he is not as experienced in staying in his human form when he is angry or excited than Argus, the pack leader, is)
    w8sXoLM.jpg
    YZuC5i0.jpg
    (and an additional shot of Milton, I like this little teen, have to think how to play more often with him!)
    CKW3lNT.jpg
    Sorry that I haven't posted here so long, but real life and illness made me to take a little pause, but I just wanted to let you know that I didn't stop writing, new updates will follow! 🙋
    Again Ares was the first to wake up and decided to go fishing to earn some money. (he tries to save a bit in order to buy an own house somewhere, because at some day even he wants to move out, but his savings aren´t very high at the moment, so moving out ist still far off!)
    XXiMWoz.jpg
    i3C2HUV.jpg
    on his way to the lake he asked Jebediah to meet him so they could fish together
    iK1zqNy.jpg
    at some point the event must have been very exciting, because Jebediah had to calm himself down with meditation (didn´t know that fishing could be such exciting :D )
    HojXYZg.jpg

when Milton came back from school, his dad took him and the twins to the local pool, the weather was sunny and warm and they surprisingly don´t have an own pool
    tvkxk8u.jpg
    CUKmHUy.jpg
    later they were met by Argus and Ares who finished their work, too
    Argus and Hendrik took advantage of the diving boards
    4r4Zn3b.jpg
    g5qgPv0.jpg
    but Argus just had some short fun, because one of the annoying townies felt ill suddenly so he had to examining her
    6NcAaii.jpg
    and prescribed her some medication (I still believe that these pills are so big, because this is the revenge of the doctors for being constantly interrupted! ;) )
    mIqwNd1.jpg

Ares and Milton played at the football table and talked simultaneously to the twins (real multitasking! not the awful fake multitasking of The Sims 4!!)
    oJRXz3T.jpg
    even with reaction to the topic and relationship boost! (again: no fake multitasking, just so normal, that someone who just plays a game, because it "looks so good and it plays" could oversee it!)
    44b1IAf.jpg
    and were later joined by their dads. the whole family had a lot of fun together!
    gYiqo5T.jpg
    then it began to rain and the family decided to go home
    uCu1uAp.jpg
    they could have gone to a party Jebediah was giving and I, no, they, shortly thought about of going to it, because Henke was there, too, but it was already late and Milton had to go to bed early, because he had school the next day
    Jebediah (don´t know why he was so annoyed)
    QvdR1Mv.jpg
    and Henke (the whole time of the party he stood outside in the rain and waited for his husband to arrive, but the stupid husband decided to walk to the party, which took him all night!)
    Y6LgLsL.jpg
    and to top it off, Minnie played joyfully in a puddle (never had a cat doing that!)
    VGJtzJu.jpg
    KraNsNV.jpg
    dRJRSE2.jpg
    yqDEdRo.jpg
    vqDr8fb.jpg
    QMLTdKu.jpg
    vw4baqF.jpg

so it was time for bed for them ( a bit earlier than normal, but this day was eventful enough for all of us them) :D
    19Tcr6t.jpg
    The next day was the twins´ birthday.
    After the family was back home after school and work it was time for the birthday cakes
    first Andre became a child
    ZShXKIZ.jpg
    2riNrBs.jpg
    8hVqfmk.jpg
    then it was Hannes´ turn
    BD3dcYJ.jpg
    and because it still was bright outside , Hannes went fishing with Ares ( his first attempt was a bit embarrassing for him :D )
    CVpxGmg.jpg
    AU1ST1o.jpg
    meanwhile Argus and Andre played chess; Milton was reading, watched by the two cats and Hendrik practised his guitar skill
    58lazDU.jpg
    TEP3Ore.jpg

And there we´ll leave Hendrik´s family and we move over to his bigger brother Helo and his family in Dragon World
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Love your family (and love Aurora Skies <3 )!
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 : Thank you! And I love my family, too! :D
    Whenever I play with other Sims, I miss them!
    But sometimes I have to play with others, because I´m running out of space and I need a new world for my family members. Then I playtest other worlds with new Sims, sometimes this new Sims grow on me and they find a way into the family. But I´ll always go back to my family!
    BTW: the version of Aurora Skies I´m using is by potato ballad sims, the winter season and the snow now look like white fluffy snow and not like greyish mush.
    So here we are at the Helmquist family! ;) It´s Haldir´s brother Helo (right) with his husband Otto-Shawn (left) (and don´t ask me about Otto-Shawn´s name, the game has a strange humor sometimes! :D )
    LySXipF.jpg
    Their children are (from left to right): Orson/ Leonel/ Damian/ Margaret/ Gus/ Darian (Darian and Damian are identical twins and Gus can´t be seen, because Haldir hasn´t met him yet, so he doesn´t know how Gus looks!)
    Helo, Otto-Shawn, Leonel and Orson live in Dragon Valley in this house, the others have their own houses.
    6rhewQ1.jpg
    QMeHCMz.jpg
    oFbg7GP.jpg
    BqUX0DB.jpg
    rbN5f4I.jpg
    nAQFjSr.jpg
    TKSDCRI.jpg
    p5w5kwM.jpg
    M6vOYuh.jpg
    0Mr92MW.jpg
    sEdF2Gt.jpg
    mUiziKd.jpg

Helo and Otto-Shawn met in Monnlight Falls when Helo came back from university. Helo didn´t have a boyfriend at this time, so he went to a "house of ill repute" where he met Otto-Shawn, who had to work there. It was love at first sight and a "Pretty Woman-Story" began (sort of, it was more a pretty man-story :D )
    Helo still lived together with his parents and two of his sisters, but when Freia and Henning discovered that their 3.born son had an affair with a rented boy (I don´t know if this will be censored, if so, just fill it out with your thoughts B) ) and threw him out of the house!
    pUgQY8o.jpg
    He met Haldir after he had to sleep at the park bench for a few days and Haldir immidiately offered him to live at his house! Both worked hard to get Otto-Shawn out of his "job"
    wSCAior.jpg
    JdCRAHj.jpg
    BGzjdtj.jpg
    and finally, after Haldir´s own marrige with Travis, Helo could sink on his knees in front of his love and ask him to marry him!
    9PVcvuo.jpg
    Of course Otto-Shawn said yes!
    They stayed with Haldir for so long that they could buy their own house across the street, the brothers still have a strong connection and talk to each other daily! Even now, after Helo and his sons moved to Dragon Valley.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2019
    Caldey Isle by StellaToronto Sims looks a little like an old German town, what with the half-timbered houses! I also like the fact that you use many worlds! I have to ask you what screensize you use to take pics on, though, they seem a little compressed.
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg : First of all: thank you for your awesomes! <3
    And Caldey Isle looks like a German town in old? That´s funny, because I thought it looked more like an old medieval French Village?!?
    At least somehow old and European!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top