Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Working away..

Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
I am honestly so excited about this Game Pack.

It is a new concept and you can tell the team really poured their hearts and minds into this idea to breathe a breath of fresh air into the game.
I feel like it has created excitement and given a little bit of life back into the game.

I am currently at work (And shouldn't be on here on the forums... heh) and am just thinking that maybe this concept and Game Pack will make way to new stories and things that EA can create to keep their gamers involved and interested. It could be like they are waiting to gauge our reactions with this Sci-Fi style of gameplay to maybe introduce new things later on. Maybe they could even introduce a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style of game pack which has a few different endings? I personally would love that!

I absolutely love this idea, and have been following Deligracy on YouTube with her Let's Play until I can actually give it a go myself tonight.

I haven't officially played but from what I am seeing, I am definitely not disappointed and would like to encourage the Dev's to bring out more Game Packs like this, mini stories are the best! It also feels a little nostalgic... I have been with The Sims since day dot, and this definitely makes me reminisce over The Sims 2.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I don't feel it does anything for a life simulator.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Rhian2005 wrote: »

It is a new concept and you can tell the team really poured their hearts and minds into this idea to breathe a breath of fresh air into the game.
    I feel like it has created excitement and given a little bit of life back into the game.

I am currently at work (And shouldn't be on here on the forums... heh) and am just thinking that maybe this concept and Game Pack will make way to new stories and things that EA can create to keep their gamers involved and interested. It could be like they are waiting to gauge our reactions with this Sci-Fi style of gameplay to maybe introduce new things later on. Maybe they could even introduce a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style of game pack which has a few different endings? I personally would love that!

I absolutely love this idea, and have been following Deligracy on YouTube with her Let's Play until I can actually give it a go myself tonight.

I haven't officially played but from what I am seeing, I am definitely not disappointed and would like to encourage the Dev's to bring out more Game Packs like this, mini stories are the best! It also feels a little nostalgic... I have been with The Sims since day dot, and this definitely makes me reminisce over The Sims 2.

I agree I've been playing it for awhile now. I've decided to put in all my Strangetown sims and houses and got a bit into the story. I'm just really enjoying the town and what happens to it... I've got a number of scientists I'm playing and coming up with all sorts of ideas depending on what I have decided they want .. basically if they are good or evil types how they will approach this story or use the other elements. I've also got a military family whose wife in that case is.. umm under the influence, and pregnant lol. Her husband is bugging her and some others. There are so many little things so far.. and just the way the place looks is amazing. I don't think my sims will be living anywhere else for some time.
    I've never been one that wanted total direction. I like to tell my own stories and it's working out really well so far with me weaving in and out how I want to. I have so many plans. I hope to get some sleep in the next few days.. maybe..
    egTcBMc.png
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I’ve been playing with the pack for a couple of hours and so far I think it’s cool, fun! I wouldn’t or don’t mind this type of gameplay, but I do scratch my head just wondering why they’d choose to release this over the myriad of other themes fans have been asking for.

Again, I’m enjoying it, but I do know once I finish the story I’ll probably never replay it again. Despite it being fun I would have preferred other themes that add replay ability. The hood, career and BB objects are nice though.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    I’ve been playing with the pack for a couple of hours and so far I think it’s cool, fun! I wouldn’t or don’t mind this type of gameplay, but I do scratch my head just wondering why they’d choose to release this over the myriad of other themes fans have been asking for.

Again, I’m enjoying it, but I do know once I finish the story I’ll probably never replay it again. Despite it being fun I would have preferred other themes that add replay ability. The hood, career and BB objects are nice though.

Do you think you would buy another one if they decide to do more?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JoBass24us wrote: »

Do you think you would buy another one if they decide to do more?

No. Simply because I feel that they have now released something new and different and should now focus on bringing the elements people have been wanting, and waiting forever for to the game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    edited February 2019
    Rhian2005 wrote: »

It could be like they are waiting to gauge our reactions with this Sci-Fi style of gameplay to maybe introduce new things later on.

I said something similar in another thread. I do think we're going to see more fan favorites, University, Witches, an Island Resort pack, but I too think the developers are testing the waters to bring us something different once those packs are out of the way.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want a story encroaching on my game. It really sucks that I can't turn off the story without playing through it (and don't tell me to just ignore it - I literally can't if the zombie sims are running around Strangeville anyway).

I really think if they're going to do these story packs, they should be separate from the main game, ala Castaway or Medieval.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Rather than focusing on what I see as lacking in Strangerville, I am going to keep an open mind and hope we see more game packs that bring something new to the table. I won't lie and say I was excited about this one. But after watching a couple of vods of game play I am happy the devs tried something new even if it is a short-term challenge. If we stay positive about their efforts perhaps we will see more complex challenges in future packs. As far as purchasing this pack? I am on the fence at the moment, waiting to see how this pack impacts past fixes or brings new glitches into the game. If it appears as if it has no negative impact, then I will probably buy it.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Honestly, I like it. There's a lot they can do with this!

The best thing they did is make it a liveable world. They need to make sure they offer something after the story plays out.

• Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't want a story encroaching on my game. It really plum that I can't turn off the story without playing through it (and don't tell me to just ignore it - I literally can't if the zombie sims are running around Strangeville anyway).

I really think if they're going to do these story packs, they should be separate from the main game, ala Castaway or Medieval.

I get that - the Game Pack itself isn't something that anyone really asked for anyway. But I am happy to have something a little different because if I am quite honest, I've been a bit bored with game play lately. I'm happy if this tides me over until the release of the newest expansion.

Just in general, some players feel like EA aren't really listening to the masses when it comes to what they want vs. what EA is releasing. In fact, I remember when The Sims 4 was originally released, it was more geared toward the casual gamer, not the long time fans of the game who grew with the game. A big part of these long time gamers' annoyance was the missing features that should have been standard in the base game, like toddlers and pools. So now that we have this sort of game pack, a lot of people are going - huh? This is not at all what we asked for...

Having the option to turn the story mode off in this case would be good!

So I see both sides, but I am definitely excited for this game pack, can't wait to get home and play!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, I don't feel it does anything for a life simulator.

I agree 100 % with Cinebar....all this RPG stuff does nothing for the Sims. Sims is supposed to be a life simulator,not a Final Fantasy wanna-be...I hope the next packs will be focused more on life simulation.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love it so far! I'd have bought it for the CAS/Build/BUY objects alone but the gameplay has been fun and the world is beautiful! I'm loving this southwestern vibe too! The only odd thing is that no matter how maxed out my needs bars are, in a split second they're in the red and seemingly impossible to stay on top of no matter what effort I make. I'm wondering if this is some strange effect of the town?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I feel they destroyed the sandbox part of it. A story driven pack is the first clue that the game is no longer the sandbox life simulator that I originally purchased.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I don't want a story encroaching on my game. It really plum that I can't turn off the story without playing through it (and don't tell me to just ignore it - I literally can't if the zombie sims are running around Strangeville anyway).

Totally agree. Those who like this sort of gameplay--go for it. But I don't want weird or creepy things in my game; those zombies just look scary--ugh. So, gonna pass on this like I passed on the Vampires. I also wish you could turn it off and never have it come back on as I would buy it. I'll wait to see what comes out next.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue