Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - Now available on Origin!

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)

The Sims 4 StrangerVille is now available on Origin for PC/Mac >> https://www.origin.com/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-strangerville

Enjoy the strangeness, and let us know your first impressions below! :smiley:

Comments

• Blinkingjoker72Blinkingjoker72 Posts: 3 New Member
    No its not .....didnt follow through with your 1230pm rease schedule or were not prepared correctly for it not work correctly
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    It took about 10 min to have it show up on the site @ approx 1:10 pm. Kinda slow to the draw? :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Blinkingjoker72Blinkingjoker72 Posts: 3 New Member
    I stand corrected see you in strangeville :)
  • SvanetianRoseSvanetianRose Posts: 31 Member
    This looks so awesome... hoping I can get it soon! : D
    Origin ID: SvanetianRoses
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    StrangerVille is now my favorite game pack. I've been wanting a military career for the longest time, and now it's here. I love the CAS and build mode items. The theme to the game pack fits right into my interests (Roswell, Area 51, Under the Dome, etc). The style of the town is just perfect, it really does fit the scenery and theme as well. I want to thank the devs and gurus for doing an awesome job on this game pack. It was unexpected, but it was an awesome surprise!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is downloading!!! I am so excited :smiley:
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’m excited. Can’t wait to finish the story!!
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I’m in. I’m so excited but plan on finishing it by Friday so I won’t have to wait to watch Strangerville yt vids
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I finished it! No spoilers, but I just created a new game and only worked on the new aspiration so I could go through it quicker and see what was going on. Lots of fun, it will be interesting to replay while I am trying to do other stuff (job, family, etc). It will be really weird to have everything going on while I am trying to have a "normal" life. And some things will be much easier if you have some skills and traits first (I had zero).

One tip I will put out there, because it was getting a little repetitive:
    Once you are ready to start making vaccines (or perhaps before), if you use the spore finder at the secret lab, you can get 5 spores with every scan. So one battery (three scans) gets you 15 spores and three more vaccines. Saves you going insane scanning for spores for eternity. Not sure if that would have worked if I did it at the lab for the infection profile.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Hooray!!
    I am about to download this cool new pack now.. I am super excited!
    Thank you Sims 4 team for making this pack (/^‿^)/ ❤ \(^‿^\) *ᒪOᐯᕮ ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼᑌGS*

⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    /▌*˛˚
    / \ ˚.
    *ᗯOOT! ᗯOOT! TᕼᖇOᗯS ᑕOᑎᖴᕮTTI*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Have to wait until March :(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just downloaded!
  • southbaysarahsouthbaysarah Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know when this will be available to purchase through Amazon? I've been refreshing my search since 9:30 PST with no luck.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Does anyone know when this will be available to purchase through Amazon? I've been refreshing my search since 9:30 PST with no luck.

It won't. GPs are never on Amazon. Only EPs.

• southbaysarahsouthbaysarah Posts: 2 New Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > southbaysarah wrote: »
    >
    > Does anyone know when this will be available to purchase through Amazon? I've been refreshing my search since 9:30 PST with no luck.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It won't. GPs are never on Amazon. Only EPs.

You can buy download codes for GPs on Amazon!
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2019
    Be aware that if you switch between aspirations as I do it is possible to recruit friends and defeat the mother plant without getting credit for having cured those friends of the infection. If I want my sim to get credit for completing the aspiration I'll have to rerun the scenario and be sure to have the StrangeVille Aspiration up when I administer the cure even though it shouldn't be possible to defeat mother without having done the cures!

Edited to put in spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • FlyingPotato29FlyingPotato29 Posts: 6 New Member
    My StrangerVille I’ll still hasn’t shown up (my computer’s really old and slow) and sometimes when a new pack comes out it’s half off. Is StrangerVille half off by any chance. I’m crossing my fingers (if it’s not half off I can’t buy it 😭😭😭).
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    My StrangerVille I’ll still hasn’t shown up (my computer’s really old and slow) and sometimes when a new pack comes out it’s half off. Is StrangerVille half off by any chance. I’m crossing my fingers (if it’s not half off I can’t buy it 😭😭😭).

It will be rare to find a gamepack at half off. When they come on sale, they are 25% off on Origin and they will never be on sale on release.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ladyankh40ladyankh40 Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2019
    was only able to play a bit of it last night, did have time to build a tiny house and named TempHome, it has basic necessities and under 13,000 the bath room may need rearranging. I really like the new Gothic style window
    Post edited by ladyankh40 on
  • LoppyLooLoppyLoo Posts: 58 Member
    hey everyone. is anyone having problem trying to buy and download the sims 4 strangerville i can't get it on origin. its not showing up at all :( i would like to play the game :(
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    Could we get a patch with bug fix?
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    So I got Strangerville. One hour into play....A Sim goes to bed, and wakes up infected. Hmmmmm........was there something I didn't notice? What will happen to her family?
    Theory in spoiler below:
    Are infected kids perhaps not showing symptoms, but infecting their parents? Her kid was outside on the monkey bars, and a weird bud plant had appeared outside the house. Alternately, something about the military career may have got her infected.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    Finally able to get this pack! Downloading as I type this...but, probably won't play this mystery until my other challenge is done.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I also noticed something that really irks me about the trailer, WHY just WHY is the sims talking english in this trailer? That is one thing that makes the sims so unique is their language...-sigh-