Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any news on a Farming EP?

ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
Ever since the poll on farming, talks about the pack have ceased. All of a sudden I am hearing potential packs about witches and fairies :|
Any hints of anything? I still have hope that they will release one.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
Post edited by ElenPink on

Comments

• Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    From what I understand of the poll, it would actually be an expansion. Unfortunately, there isn't any news on when anything will be coming out. I believe they aren't allowed to discuss anything official before a pack has been officially announced.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    In 2017, they asked about Cars, they are not released yet.

Don't expect to see Farm this year.
  • Options
    EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    I dont think farming will come as a GP
    There are To much things
  • Options

But doesn't cars make less sense than a farm?
  • Options
    From what I understand of the poll, it would actually be an expansion. Unfortunately, there isn't any news on when anything will be coming out. I believe they aren't allowed to discuss anything official before a pack has been officially announced.

Fixed it. Me calling it a game pack instead of an expansion is a way to not higher my hopes lol
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    @ElenPink

Grant made me think just they begin to think about Farm.

Generally when Maxis asked something to the community, we saw the result 1 year later or more.

For example, Skintones, Toddler, ...
  • Options
    aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    I don't think a farming expansion pack will happen any time soon. SimGuruGrant said that if it hasn't been made before, it's not top on their priorities. But, cars actually are a really high possibility! SimGuruGrant said on Twitter that Cars and University are a really big possibility in The Sims 4. Cars actually make more sense to me than a farming expansion.

Almost everyone has a car, and almost everyone has been in a car. The #1 way of transportation is by cars. This is a people simulator, and people have cars. Not to mention that we have had cars since The Sims 2! And remember that The Sims 2 is more closed off than The Sims 4. It's more realistic than farming, and nowadays there are less farmers. Farms are more of in the past. As someone who lives near the country, you only see about 2 active farms and the rest are either shut down or are ran by computers.

Farming isn't the way people think it is. Farming now is more of machines doing the job and most of farms are now in factories. I don't think they have that much freedom if they make a farming expansion because it #1 hasn't been made in a past The Sims game, #2 probably won't be created until maybe 2019 or 2020 because they always start making the next expansion before they even announce the current expansion (confirmed by SimGuruGrant), and #3 they technically added a form of farming in the Seasons expansion pack (gardening overhaul, realistic gardening and crops, etc.).

I wouldn't expect or get my hopes up for farming at all. I think they are working on University as it is the 3rd most requested expansion pack by simmers. Maybe a farming game pack, but probably not a farming expansion.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    But the way he talked about cars is not like we'll have sims using them - his words were something on the level of 'we've been giving cars a lot of thought as we know you guys want them. And we have been thinking of things your sims can do with cars."

It made me think he was talking about everything under the sun BUT our sims actually able to use them going down the street and such. I can see it now - mechanic career. Car lots. Yard decorator cars - like our lots have room for that. I don't want things to do with cars unless our sims can use them travelling like cars are actually used. Half the fun of building and repairing your own car in previous games was actually watching my sim and his lady go down the road in the finished product. I am sick of pretending every thing. I want to see sims use stuff. I want to see sims go to school, go to work in ALL the careers, ride bikes and motorcycles. Maybe use snowmobiles, boats, and the cars they have so painstakingly fixed up. Pretending loses flavor fast when you turn 8 - in my case it is long, LONGGGG gone.

We get cars they best get them fake ones gone and our sims using the roads in their cars. No more fake or pretend. I do not want an entire ep based on fake transportation. If my sim can take and build a rocket and take off into outer space and I can see them take off - well by golly that same sim should be able to drive a car down the road.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I would really love to see a farm pack too with several farm animals, my farmer has been waiting for farm animals.... lol. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t Ike to see cars with a new job like mechanic at some point too, or a tropical beach world with swimming in oceans, or witches.and magic.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I think farming seems really interesting, I love games like stardew valley. But we already have crops and flower arrangement. You can even sell the crops at a stand or store.

So what would a farming pack even add? I can think of:
    Chickens for eggs
    A cow to milk
    Sheep to shear (but what would the purpose of wool be in ts4? Since we can’t make clothes or anything)
    A horse to ride in circles like a skating rink
    A tractor that’s just a decoration
    Terrain paints for fields
    Barn walls...

I don’t think they would add slaughtering. Maybe there could be a fair to sell produce and with competitions for largest pig or crops.

• Options
    FlyingPotato29FlyingPotato29 Posts: 6 New Member
    My friend has always wanted horses in the game and I think it’s a really good idea to add a farming pack
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »

But doesn't cars make less sense than a farm?
    Not really almost everyone has a car or they take public transportation not everyone farms cars make much more sense.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I want a farming pack very badly but I also would like to take a beach vacation and swim in the ocean. come on now, how many years does it take to swim in the ocean!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope a Farming Expansion with farm animals and nectar making will be released soon
    a256aFi.gif