October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Issues to purchase/download StrangerVille

Comments

• freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member
    I'm getting frustrated with this, I try and purchase the pack but it "disappears" and goes to the sims 4 deluxe page before I even have a chance to purchase it! And when I try to purchase it while the sims 4 is open it takes me to a 404 error page!
  • rockstar1981rockstar1981 Posts: 2 New Member
    same here
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This link worked for me, but my origin client wasn't showing it available for purchase. Thank you for the link!!! Downloading now and so excited!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 176 Member
    Hey,everyone. restart your computers. I just did that it's now downloading.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,022 Member
    edited February 2019
    When I click to buy it, it loads to a blank page.

Yay! It's working now!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Keasa123WoodKeasa123Wood Posts: 11 New Member
    It keeps taking me back to the mian Sims 4 screen instead of purchasing Strangerville... What is going on?
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 688 Member
    edited February 2019
    This link works for me: https://www.origin.com/deu/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-strangerville
    But I get it cheaper anyway. You will too if you are slightly patient :)

Also closing origin client completely and starting it should make the client direct you to strangerville.
    333 - Only half evil.
    37463787wm.jpg
    EA ID/The thing you search for in the gallery to find my builds: Zasz_Zerg
  • AbeericAbeeric Posts: 25 Member
    It keeps offering me a bundle, but Strangerville isn't available to bundle up??
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,731 Member
    make sure to restart origin
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Alex_XCAlex_XC Posts: 2 New Member
    > @hmae123 said:
    > I can’t get it either. Every time I click on StrangerVille gamepack, orgin reloads the page and gives me the option to buy sims 4 as a gift instead. Thinking I’ll just try later today.

If you go to it through your game library instead of the Origin Store you can still get to it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 2,926 Member
    edited February 2019
    Actually bought it through the sims front page website and then went to my library in origin, click on the sims 4 and went underneath gamepacks and hit download
    5vJrxmT.png
  • rockstar1981rockstar1981 Posts: 2 New Member
    its not showing up in game library for me
  • Keasa123WoodKeasa123Wood Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Keasa123Wood said:
    > It keeps taking me back to the mian Sims 4 screen instead of purchasing Strangerville... What is going on?

Ended up getting a friend to buy it for me on my account, different computer. Eh.
  • RinskRinsk Posts: 82 Member
    I keep getting the deluxe sims pack page :(
  • RinskRinsk Posts: 82 Member
    Rinsk wrote: »
    I keep getting the deluxe sims pack page :(

I signed out and in again on origin and then it worked, if that helps anyone else :D
  • MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 28 Member
    this link worked for me as well, origin kept only giving me sims 4 deluxe whenever i clicked on Strangerville, even signing in and out didnt work. Happy Simming Everyone! :)
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,451 Member
    i found restarting origin solved the issue.
  • OhMyHemsworthOhMyHemsworth Posts: 8,151 Member
    I had to quickly click on the button to buy it before the page went to the Sims deluxe screen.
    yrlZ0qM.gif
    And then, Chris smiles and it's all ok.
    -Tom Hiddleston
  • SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    We're hearing reports about the StrangerVille page within Origin redirecting people to the Digital Deluxe page, making it impossible to download the pack. I'm hearing this is a caching issue that should be resolved now, please try restarting your Origin, thanks!
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 750 Member
    I encountered the same issue. I went into the game and clicked on the Strangerville icon on the main screen to get it there.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 11,082 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi,

Origin France (software and website) refuse to sell it, the page is always redirected to The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade.
    This pack isn't available in the list of the Game Packs in my library.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2019
    My origin is US and I also cant buy the pack, it keeps redirecting me to digital deluxe even though I own base game.

EDIT: I reloaded origin like 6 times and was able to purchase!
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 11,082 Member
    edited February 2019
    I refreshed the browser several times, I pushed the Purchase button before the page goes somewhere else.
    but did you delete the Origin cache ? Probably doesn't work for website but there have been report this helps with buying through the client.
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top