Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues to purchase/download StrangerVille

Comments

• malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I finally got to buy it now, after logging off and on again in the Origin app, but I don't know if that was what did the trick, or if I just managed to click the "buy now" button quickly enough, before it went to the base game?🤔
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Edge? As in Microsoft Edge or is there something else called that?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • shirkarishirkari Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Cookiepuffle said:
    > It's released now, but origin doesn't seem to want me to buy it! It keeps on redirecting me to other games... can someone report this issue to someone who can fix this??? :'(
    I had to buy from the online store then go into the app and download from the list of games in your games library. I have no idea if any of that made sense but hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about.
  • VidkaVidka Posts: 6 New Member
    I am not able to get Strangerville either. It loads sims 4 digital when click to buy strangerville on origin.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It should be ready right about now. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    It's released now, but origin doesn't seem to want me to buy it! It keeps on redirecting me to other games... can someone report this issue to someone who can fix this??? :'(

Wait for 7 minutes ...
  • CookiepuffleCookiepuffle Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="paradiseplanet;c-16973599"]It should be ready right about now. :)[/quote]

Thanks, ill check ASAP. if it doesn't work, do you think i should restart my computer?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    It doesn't actually officially release for a few more minutes. Maybe wait a bit and try again.
    [quote="shirkari;c-16973593"]> @Cookiepuffle said:
    > It's released now, but origin doesn't seem to want me to buy it! It keeps on redirecting me to other games... can someone report this issue to someone who can fix this??? :'(
    I had to buy from the online store then go into the app and download from the list of games in your games library. I have no idea if any of that made sense but hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about.

[/quote]

Okay, thanks! I'll try that!
  • MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    I just tried in game and I had the message...to enable origine in game...so I did and sign out of origine and when i sign in it was available.
    It should be ready right about now. :)

Thanks, ill check ASAP. if it doesn't work, do you think i should restart my computer?

I think we just have to wait until 10 AM California time (7 PM Central European Time).
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Was able to get it to buy mode now it will not download. Reload Or 5 times now.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    No, bought and downloaded
  • Alex_XCAlex_XC Posts: 2 New Member
    Just spoke to EA about this. Hyperlink problem in Origin. If you navigate to My Game Library, right click game and click "Game details" you can buy it from there. Just choose Game Packs at the top.
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    Signy wrote: »
    > @JennCsimmer said:
    > I managed to click it super fast after singing out and back in and its let me buy it. Downloading now

I did this too. It's tough and it took me a few tries, but it can be done.
    Really? maybe there is something strange going on in the downloading as well as strangerville. creepy.. lol

04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2019
    As @ChelleJo mentioned opening Microsoft Edge browser and going to Origin that way does the trick. I'd guess It'd work with whichever browser you use though. Mine's finally downloading now.

@Rudiarose my Origin actually said it'd become ready for download at half past the hour. Its now well after that. It should be working. I think it may just be buggy for some reason.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Was able to get it to buy mode now it will not download. Reload Or 5 times now.

Ok, on tenth reload it started downloading guess sever is all full up.
    [quote="shirkari;c-16973593"]> @Cookiepuffle said:

[/quote]

I went on the sims 4 website, but it says it's yet to be released 😥
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Ok, the logging out, logging back in trick worked and I was able to place my order. So thanks to the people above who suggested it! :D
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • NekoboyGamesNekoboyGames Posts: 37 Member
    I have the same problem. Was gonna read the info and look at the things included (as I can't afford it until april or later) and it takes me to Digital Deluxe upgrade page instead when clicking.
    I'm downloading!!! Just close Origin and open it again. It's available now.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Downloading it now
  • MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2019
    With all the strangeness happening in that game pack it has to be a strange download ;)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    Hi everyone!

That was a bit early - you should be able to purchase and download the game now :smiley: Log out and in again if you see any strangeness, or try in the Origin client instead.

If that doesn't help, check this thread on Answers HQ - remember, technical issues belong to Answers HQ! I'll be closing this thread now.

Thanks everyone!
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I can’t get it either. Every time I click on StrangerVille gamepack, orgin reloads the page and gives me the option to buy sims 4 as a gift instead. Thinking I’ll just try later today.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top