Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

1202122232426...Next

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know a lot of players are concerned about how much replayability there is to the story, but I'm going to have several different saves and each of those will have a different level of story in them. The first save, of course, will be the one where I play through the story to get the full experience. After that, I'll play to get the town to the point in the story where I want that town to be since different saves will need different levels of story. Some with full story in progress, others no story at all and others at different levels of story. Once I get each save to the point I want the story to be for that save, I'll not continue the story or replay it in that save.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Does anyone know what time it will be available ?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

10am Pacific and 1pm Eastern, is what I read

Ok thanks! So about 7pm here in France.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Ok thanks! So about 7pm here in France.

Yes, it's 6pm in the UK so should be 7pm in France.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Wondering if it has a different release time for each European time zone or does it use Paris time like Get Famous did.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    If everything goes as planned, the pack will release for everyone at the same time: 10AM PT / 6pm UTC.

Usually Game Packs & Stuff Packs release at that time worldwide. It's Expansion Packs the ones that have a "midnight" release, which depends on your timezone.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Wondering if it has a different release time for each European time zone or does it use Paris time like Get Famous did.

It'll be 7pm CET (Central European Time), so if you're somewhere in Europe that's not on CET, I guess it'll be different. Paris time = CET. Here's a time zone converter:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    ΜØŦĦ€Ř ҜŇØŴŞ ŇØ ŞŇØŴ
    ŞŦŘΔŇǤ€ŘVƗŁŁƗ€ ŴƗŁŁ β€ ¥ØỮŘ Ň€ŞŦ
    ŦĦ€ ΜØŇŦĦ€Ř ƗŞ ØŇ€ ŴƗŦĦ ỮŞ!
    ŦĦ€ ĆŘ€ΔŦ€Ř ŴƗŁŁ β€ ¥ØỮŘ ŞŇØŴ!
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    I've been thinking that the developers might indeed be able to write other mysteries if they have a toggle off/ on button. Who's to say EP's for others might not become available?(Well, the developers.) Don't know if they thought to precode for dropping in say, the options of off, StrangerVille mystery on, Strangerville Mystery 2 on, Srangerville 3 on, etc. Of course, each mystery would require thousands of lines of code so I could very well see these would need to be EP's. I can well imagine this as a way to expand the franchise...
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    These packs are never available when they say they will be. Why would I want to get to the day of the release and then wait 15 hours?
    Just say Feb 27!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    These packs are never available when they say they will be. Why would I want to get to the day of the release and then wait 15 hours?
    Just say Feb 27!

Yeah... just release at local time at midnight. Origin should be able to check for local time automatically.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Not too munch longer now its 9:50am MST and I am just a timezone away from release time.

And of course origin doesn't work ! (for me at least)
    Guys just one more hour and the pack will be ours.

• EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Just say Feb 27!

Yeah... just release at local time at midnight. Origin should be able to check for local time automatically.

Your words have nothing to do with my words. But I hope you felt good saying it.
    Just say Feb 27!

Your words have nothing to do with my words. But I hope you felt good saying it.

That is most likely a quote misplace me I sometimes do it on other forums.

• angelboi1990angelboi1990 Posts: 1 New Member
    Soo... I cant buy strangerville for some reason? It says its available , but when i try to buy it I get told the page cant be found... Whats up with that? Very frustrating. Cant wait to play . I hope this is fixed soon.
    Soo... I cant buy strangerville for some reason? It says its available , but when i try to buy it I get told the page cant be found... Whats up with that? Very frustrating. Cant wait to play . I hope this is fixed soon.

Same here, I kept restarting origin and at some point it worked. I think many people are downloading it at the same time, that maybe affects the servers.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Just say Feb 27!

Your words have nothing to do with my words.

You said "These packs are never available when they say they will be. Why would I want to get to the day of the release and then wait 15 hours?
    Just say Feb 27!"

And I replied "Yes, they should release them at midnight local time".
    That is a logical response that has everything to do with your statement.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member

Same here, I kept restarting origin and at some point it worked. I think many people are downloading it at the same time, that maybe affects the servers.

Same for me. Website wasn't working for me at all. Origin just kept redirecting me to Sims 4 Digital Deluxe every time I clicked on Strangerville, so I went to Origin>Reload Page at the top of the launcher and that worked for me.
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Ugh. Why do I have to be at work. Can't wait to get home and play it!
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    This thread is going off topic now and the game has just released, so I'm going to close it.

To discuss the new pack, head over to the Game Pack forum >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-game-packs

Remember technical issues belong to Answers HQ.
    On the redirection issues when purchasing the game, we have this thread on Answers HQ.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top