Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I got into Sims 2

I really got into Sims 3 when I first became interested in Sims. The lack of open worlds in the other games was hard to get used to. Now since I play Sims 4 and there are no open worlds I've gotten used to it. I started sims 2 again because I love the gameplay- and I've fallen in love. It's such a good game I cannot believe I've gone this long without it!! If anyone has any tips please send them to me! (or if you guys just wanna talk about gameplay).

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m glad to hear you are enjoying it, in my opinion it’s the best sims game.

Advice? If you have Freetime installed make sure you use the aspiration benefits you get. Makes looking after sims needs easier.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    The Sims 2 is my absolute favorite game. I still like The Sims 3, but it isn't as good as 2. Although I adore the premade Sims in TS2 and play them often, I also love that I'm able to make my own custom neighborhoods. It's all the little details in the simulation that makes the game so great, I think. Plus the ability to customize your world.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 2 is my favorite out of the 4 in the series. I am taking a break from it right now only due to the onslaught of events in Sims FreePlay but I will get back into it one day.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I'm so glad you're enjoying 2, it's my personal favourite! I strongly recommend reading about how to avoid corruption in your game; may not be the funnest thing, but it'll save you a lot of headaches in the future.

I personally love creating my own neighbourhoods, you can really let your imagination run wild! If you want to spice up your game, there's a whole world of mods out there (big fan of the Sim Manipulator, myself) and great custom content. And if you have Open For Business, remember that you can make a successful business out of almost anything (I've ran everything from graveyards to cinemas as businesses). Legacy families are really fun, too, and especially work well with your own custom neighbourhood. If you don't want to construct one yourself, you can always download other neighbourhoods.

Now I want to play The Sims 2 :D
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    I love setting up a little home shop to sell the things my bohemian sim makes on her sewing machine. Also the witches in sims 2 are so much fun, if you haven't tried witches yet, try to befriend one of them and become a witch.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    I got into the sims 2 back in 2004/2005 when my brother bought it. I kept sneaking into his room and using his computer to play it because it was so much fun - and still is! 15 years later and I still play it (on my own PC of course)!
  • Optok09Optok09 Posts: 6 New Member
    One of my favorite things to do is having witch sims. You can ask a witch to turn your sim into a witch if they are good enough friends. I also love University. Sims who go to university will have extra wants a gain benefits, and it is probably the best way to start the game.
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    I only Got the Life stories for pc (My first The sims game for pc!)
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    Welcome to sims2 <3 it was one of my favorite games in my childhood.