Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I assume I can play through the story without having to live in town? Just teleport home to the apartment when tired?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I assume I can play through the story without having to live in town? Just teleport home to the apartment when tired?

I believe they said this is possible. They did recommend to play a Sim living in the town because I guess it gives a more full, immersive experience, but it's not necessary.
    #Team Occult
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm considering camping in Strangerville but not sure yet.
  • GeorginaHGeorginaH Posts: 3 New Member
    This looks really good!!!!!!!
    @crinrict I heard there would be a new lot trait but I haven't seen it (trying to avoid spoilers so being careful with the videos). Do you know what it is?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2019
    musteni wrote: »
    @crinrict I heard there would be a new lot trait but I haven't seen it (trying to avoid spoilers so being careful with the videos). Do you know what it is?

Don't know where you've seen that but there's no new lot trait.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

Don't know where you've seen that but there's no new lot trait.

Oh thanks, I must have misread/remembered it wrong.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I, too, don't see the big deal about reusing a house from another pack, especially since it fits in so well.
    And all the rooms are "functional", they just didn't fill the houses with a ton of furniture so it would be "lighter" size-wise to ship. It is a GP not an EP after all. Obviously it was easy for her to move a few pieces of furniture. I already have plans to redecorate those houses. And if a house has no sims living in it, it doesn't need furniture yet. Have you ever moved into a new place that still had someone else's furniture?

I watched a couple of videos and the world is so beautiful. Plus there is a ton of build/buy stuff. I think everyone will be pleased with those two areas.

Did you know that when buying a lot you can select furniture or not and furniture adds extra price? I would be very angry if I spent all of my simoleons to buy a house furnitured, but it didn't have enough furniture for me to even have the basics in it. Especially if you're playing cheat free.

kalaksed wrote: »
    then again, i'm sure once they get into the building end of things like some simmers want, it'll be back to "why are they focusing on building these houses when they should be focusing on the world" because you can't please people

nobody ever said that when previous itterations shipped with usable lots from the getgo.

As for "bulldozing" lots, I never do that, because it ruins the feel of the neighbourhood. If you're buying a neighbourhood, why would you buy one that requires you to buldoze lots in it?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I believe they said this is possible. They did recommend to play a Sim living in the town because I guess it gives a more full, immersive experience, but it's not necessary.

Since the town doesn't interest me and I won't move ( my Sims just got enough money to move into Spire apt 888) anyway... I guess if I can't do it I just won't play the pack and only use the CAS and build stuff.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    and see, i'm on the other side of that. how can people be bothered that an empty house that 9/10 of players are going to bulldoze anyway is basically a base game gallery download (seriously, search the gallery for base game house builds. quite a few are literally just uploading preexisting maxis lots to the gallery) where those '15 minutes' to make a 'new, better' one were put to better use in the uneditable parts of the world

but those of you complaining about this should check out the simsupply youtube channel, if you haven't already. he's slowly working on a series of 'player vs developer' videos alongside one of the gurus with said guru actually working on learning to build houses in ways the players do (said guru admitted he was one of the people in charge of one of the get famous lots without toilets). so, it's a work in process and they are (or at least one is) slowly learning...

then again, i'm sure once they get into the building end of things like some simmers want, it'll be back to "why are they focusing on building these houses when they should be focusing on the world" because you can't please people
    Not everyone wants to actually bulldoze lots that shipped in it. That simssupply video was about 2 weeks ago when he appeared on the stream. He also uploaded a video of when he played this game pack with the same guru. No doubt taken after he had recorded that after having built that home with the guru. Evidently they are slowly learning. They used plants for decor around the world that aren’t even available for the player to purchase or get through cheats😂
  • strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I am dying. Soooooo dead. This isn't just a nod to the old Strangetown, its obvious they are jumping on the Strange Things bandwagon here. I am totally going all in on this. I love strangeness, supernatural, etc, and I've been anxious to have more supernatural type stuff in the game! :D
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    At around 0:10, I noticed was a framed picture of the played household; fingers crossed we get this ability. As nice as wall mounted pictures are, selfies on desks, mantlepieces, shelves etc. would be so useful!

Don't we have framed pictures in the game already?
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Linamints wrote: »
    DatLlama wrote: »
    At around 0:10, I noticed was a framed picture of the played household; fingers crossed we get this ability. As nice as wall mounted pictures are, selfies on desks, mantlepieces, shelves etc. would be so useful!

Don't we have framed pictures in the game already?
    They mean being able to place it on a flat surface. @DatLlama simguruGraham on twitter said it was only for the video, they didn’t think it would get so much attention but would look into it if’s it possible to do. He also said no guarantees
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

nobody ever said that when previous itterations shipped with usable lots from the getgo.

As for "bulldozing" lots, I never do that, because it ruins the feel of the neighbourhood. If you're buying a neighbourhood, why would you buy one that requires you to buldoze lots in it?

I've bulldozed lots and own a fair amount of the content in game. Pre-built lots are place holders, and I don't buy packs just for the neighborhood, I only buy if I like the gameplay additions and could see myself spending a long time using a lot of the things in it.

If all the lots are updated to look like each other, it just give the area a new feel instead. I've revamped most lots in all the worlds I own because I'd rather put my own spin on the worlds I purchase.

I think for me, if I wasn't able to edit everything how I wanted I wouldn't want to purchase the neighborhoods at all.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I, too, don't see the big deal about reusing a house from another pack, especially since it fits in so well.
    And all the rooms are "functional", they just didn't fill the houses with a ton of furniture so it would be "lighter" size-wise to ship. It is a GP not an EP after all. Obviously it was easy for her to move a few pieces of furniture. I already have plans to redecorate those houses. And if a house has no sims living in it, it doesn't need furniture yet. Have you ever moved into a new place that still had someone else's furniture?

I watched a couple of videos and the world is so beautiful. Plus there is a ton of build/buy stuff. I think everyone will be pleased with those two areas.

Did you know that when buying a lot you can select furniture or not and furniture adds extra price? I would be very angry if I spent all of my simoleons to buy a house furnitured, but it didn't have enough furniture for me to even have the basics in it. Especially if you're playing cheat free.

Yes, thank you, I do know of that feature. And the fact that the GCer could bulldoze and build a different house in just 15 minutes proves just silly the whole issue is. And every house in Strangerville does have the basics. They all have beds, toilets, couches, tables and chairs and kitchen appliances. The rest should be supplied by the player anyway. Isn't that the point of creating a household and starting out with very little money? Buy a house your sim can afford and add other things like decor as your sim can afford it. That's the game unless you use cheats.
    edited February 2019
    Yes, thank you, I do know of that feature. And the fact that the GCer could bulldoze and build a different house in just 15 minutes proves just silly the whole issue is. And every house in Strangerville does have the basics. They all have beds, toilets, couches, tables and chairs and kitchen appliances. The rest should be supplied by the player anyway. Isn't that the point of creating a household and starting out with very little money? Buy a house your sim can afford and add other things like decor as your sim can afford it. That's the game unless you use cheats.

Different players do different things. I don't want to rebuild every lot. If you do, that's great! I also don't want to peruse the galery. What I want to do is build a furnished house and play. Having been real life rent hunting, furnished places for rent come with a fully furnished kitchen, toilet, somewhat furnished living room (minimum you would expect would be a sofa and a TV set), somewhat furnished bedrooms (minimum you would expect is beds and drawers/ wardrobes. )

If a house happened like the one in the new GP, nobody would rent it as it would be almost false advertisement.

And once again, never encountered this issue in previous sims games. If you bought furnished, it came furnished. You just threw a sim in and went on playing.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

Does anyone really consider pre-made houses as an essential factor when deciding whether or not to buy a pack? I'd think the unchangeable parts of the world itself, such as theme, layout, decoration, and backdrops, would be way more important.

From what I see on the forums (and my own playstyle) most Simmers either modify the houses to fit their Sim families, completely bulldoze them because they like building their own houses, or download from the Gallery.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • A_RitsukaA_Ritsuka Posts: 31 Member
    Guys, at what time exactly Strangerville will come out?
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I just wish there was a way to buy the pack to get access to the new things, but a button that kept all supernatural stuff the heck away from my games. Vampires still ruin the game for me, I wish there was a way to just not have to have them in my game.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    Does anyone really consider pre-made houses as an essential factor when deciding whether or not to buy a pack? I'd think the unchangeable parts of the world itself, such as theme, layout, decoration, and backdrops, would be way more important.

From what I see on the forums (and my own playstyle) most Simmers either modify the houses to fit their Sim families, completely bulldoze them because they like building their own houses, or download from the Gallery.

In a story pack focused on that one town, unfinished insides just feel like walking into a show and being told to imagine the set pieces. As for repeating a house 1:1, it's better to leave that lot free if you need to resort in doing that.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Beardedgeek you absolutely can do the town's story without living in it. gurus just said there are smaller, nice but not needed story moments you might catch if your sim lives there. and similarly with the premade sims and lots. none are required to complete the story (though having a bar and a library in strangerville helps a lot) but there are little story-related things hidden among them
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i want to edit the previous post to add this, but am worried some will miss the added comment if they've already read the post so... we get a double-post instead

i've heard that bulldozing the plane-crash sight might cause issues in some games, so that one is probably worth keeping around (though it does need some minor editing at minimum, moving a fruit bowl to a different location or maybe swapping the places of the counter the fruit bowl is on and the fridge)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited February 2019
    I found out the trait is paranoid but the video I watched didn't show it in detail. Anyone know the description for the trait?

From what I remember in TheEnglishSimmer's video: Paranoid sims always think everyone is talking about them... they're happies tin basements. I'm probably forgetitng bits, but look for her CAS video,, it'll be there. Think there was something about conspiracy theories. Sorry, it's late and I'm tired.
    image.png
  • alexxcaughtfirealexxcaughtfire Posts: 55 Member
    Since it says "strange weather" I'm wondering what (if anything) will happen for those that don't have seasons..? I wish I had it and hope to catch it on a sale some day i just opted for get famous as my last EP but now am curious about this one because Strangeville was always a fave and this almost also reminds me of TS2 for DS in a weird way anyone feel me? IDK what to think of zombie-ish although i love supernaturals was never a true fan of zombies in TS3, and some of this seems odd but the town and aesthetic seems all OG Sims and that makes me very happy. Like I remember a trailer on a OLLLLD console game possibly just... Sims for ps2? Maybe I'm wrong it was either that or Bustin' Out or TS2 for Ps2 tho
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top