Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still purchase Store content ?

Hi,

The Sims 3 Store is almost 10 years old, do you still purchase Store content ?

Do you still purchase Store content ? 156 votes

Yes
76%
pisceschick75sketchesMadstarletbleedin9mascaraRflong7jaletu2005ErnesaTGraceyManorFigwitCarol_the_pirateBloosmooPuddinroyStarbucaneerilovejewel17JessabeansshygirlApparentlyAwesomeGarnet_Alexandriaalanmichael1tallcoolone 120 votes
No
23%
CK213LeGardePourpreKarinLFourteenAnmirlaMe1620Symb10sissimlishtrdst193misserxpdeviouslyvividwingweaver84SimplyJenJACKIEJOYAlexaKryLaurenNumberOnewormofthebookIcy_Lavamariajane216Chimark 36 votes

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Yes
    Yes! As gifts for others.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Yes
    Yes, there are sets I'm trying to complete :kiss:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Kimbelle10Kimbelle10 Posts: 77 Member
    Yes
    I just did! but it's usually outfits I don't feel like adding a ton of CC clothes in my game for, and decor I have yet to see CC for...

usually under 50simpoints...at least I try lol! I like clutter in my homes, it's realistic for me.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    No
    I own it all! :p
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

Me too
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    Yes. Still trying to complete certain sets! And I still do not have all worlds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Yes
    i do, when I have the money to buy sim points
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited February 2019
    No
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Me too

^ This. But I would if new content was released. A girl can dream, can't she.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    Yes
    Yes but VERY rarely as I have almost everything bar a few bit n pieces.

Like Me1620 I would most definitely buy if new stuff was added to the Store. Come on EA you are missing out on a huge fan base of us dedicated Simmers that still LOVE Sims3 and miss the heady days of the Store Content rush!.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Yes
    I only got into Sims 3 after Sims 4 came out. So I have a LOT of stuff I still need.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    I have most of the store but would like to buy the few basic pieces of clothing I don't have yet. As others have said, I would love if new content was added. If they are the same great quality and add unique gameplay as with the premium content already there, I would most definitely buy them!
  • peterlouis999peterlouis999 Posts: 23 Member
    No
    The last time i purchased store content was just to use some sim points i had left
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'm following the Daily deal rotation list and buying interesting stuff that shows up with the points I got for registering stuff packs and expansion packs.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • phillipsg148phillipsg148 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes
    yes! just started playing again after being gone for about 5 years and i have a lot to catch up on:}
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    No
    I have some Simpoints left over but there isn't much left I want and I am not going to buy more Simpoints. Now that it is so old, I do wish there was another way to ensure the content will be around longer. I have backups but they can get corrupted too over time.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Yes
    Yes, especially when Sim points are on sale, like they were last Christamas... If you like to build like I do store content does help tremendously....
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    I just bought Simpoints tonight to try to get stuff, but it won't let me actually purchase anything. It just says "loading" after I click the confirm purchase button and never actually goes through :(

EDIT: Going through the wishlist worked though!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    Yes
    As soon as I get my new computer and load up TS3, I have over 2000 points still to spend. I think I still new Lunar Lakes so that is first on my list!
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Yes
    I still have lots of contents to buy
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Yes
    I still purchase store content also.. Still have a ways to go!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    No
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Me too

^ This. But I would if new content was released. A girl can dream, can't she.

Back in February, I answered "No". I have to change to "Yes". After the last simpoint sale to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Sims, I bought some points for gifting. The gifting function no longer works easily, but I have managed to send some gifts.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • artenissimmer55artenissimmer55 Posts: 40 Member
    Yes
    I still buy stuff from the store from time to time! Mostly because my computer is very, very old and I'm not sure if it could handle me downloading a SP...downloading the EP was hard enough. So I like to buy new stuff in small increments when I can.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Yes
    I wish I owned it all...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    No
    I own just about everything that I want. I'm very thankful to all of the friends who have gifted me over the years.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    I got into The Sims 3 very late, in 2017, and there is a lot I would love to own. It's because my laptop didn't like me downloading Custom Content from The Sims Resource the only time I downloaded from there. One of my goals is to own as much as I can as I work my way through EP's and SP's. My Sims love to garden, my Sims love to make nectar, I love to decorate and build homes, I love adding things for my Sims to do for entertainment apart from watching the television. I like adding stuff to my game between Steam sales. I have restricted myself to only buy items in the 25-50SP range as I cannot afford to purchase SimPoints (Due to the fact I don't have a means of being able to purchase SimPoints at the moment. The SimPoints I currently have are from registering my games). I like the Preminum Content from the Store (Even though I can't afford half of them at the moment) and I enjoy adding bits from the sets on my Wishlist as I go through. Currently it's the smaller items in a set I'm purchasing, in the order I placed them on my Wishlist. I haven't had any problems with the Store items I currently have.
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)