Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom world not loading! Please help!

So I’ve just spent the last couple of months of my life working on my perfect sims world. But it doesn’t load and mys sims 3 crashes. I’ve tried the dep thing. I’ve checked all my mods. My game plays fine with other worlds. Just not mine. What could I do?

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Have you double checked it installed properly? Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the world?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • juicyredjuicyred Posts: 160 Member
    So far it seams to o my not work with certain ep’s installed. It won’t work if seasons is installed.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Never encountered that one before. Did you try clearing out caches before loading the game?
    Perhaps try exporting the world again and installing it? Maybe something odd happened during export?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    What have you tried to fix it?

Do you have any CC installed through the Launcher which might be attached to your world file?

Clean out you DCBackup of all but the ccmerged.package file; Clean your cache files; Make sure your world file is clean with Custard; Make sure your old world is not still installed (check the InstalledWorld folder).

If nothing works and your world file is clean of any attached CC, rename your The Sims 3 folder to Holding- and restart the launcher. It will create a new The Sims 3 folder; go to your Holding folder/Exported folder and install your world to your clean save. See if it runs now.

If you had Store items installed they won't be there, just so you know.
    You can get your old files back just by putting the The Sims 3 name back to Holding folder- After renaming the newer Sims 3 folder. Confused? ;):lol:
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    • Cut and paste the DCCache and DCBackup to your desktop (also back them up to another folder in case you mess up).
    • Export the world.
    • Cut and paste the two files back into Sims 3 Folder. When it asks to overwrite click OK.
    • The world should be in the Exports Folder so move it to the Downloads folder. It should now be available in the Launcher.
    I’ve cleared all my caches and tried exporting the world 3 times. All of the ep’s work except seasons. And if I try to load a ea world, it’s works fine with all the ep’s.
    I tried loading it without any cc or mods at all and it still didn’t work
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    When you where creating this world did you at anytime when you tried to save the world did it fail?
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    Nope. But somehow my world is not compatible with seasons.
    juicyred wrote: »
    I tried loading it without any cc or mods at all and it still didn’t work

You didn't say you tried to install with the suggestions... How about sharing your world here just to see if others can install it?
    Yes. Sorry. I did do what you suggested. I cleaned my caches and renamed the folder to holding. But it didn’t work.
    Also. Now it won’t load in edit in game mode. Ughh😩
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9292272 If it works for you, please don't judge too harshly. It's technically not done.
    It's not loading for me, either.

May I open it up with S3pe and check it out in CAW?
    Yes please
    Hi :)

First, can you tell me what CC you have installed (through the installer) and any Store stuff you have installed?
    Do you see these in a corner of your world? It usually means some CC/Store items were used but aren't installed when installing. :(
    0liBPG6.jpg

Another thing, you have A LOT of lots. You don't need 174 lots. Most EA worlds are around 90 lots.

When placing Spawners,...
    a. Fishing: only place from where they can reach from shore. You don't need them way out in the ocean.
    Don't use the Sea life spawners- they're for dive lots. :)
    b. wildflowers- you don't need them on the map. They should be on lots and not many.
    I'd not place any misquito spawners on the map, either- only on lots.

There are a few bushes and trees on the water.

there's a lot of cc and store items installed. Do you want me to list all of them? or is there an easier way to show you?
    edited March 2019
    No. If it's that much don't worry about it.

If I were you, I'd start with a clean save and then install Only the Store stuff you need. Don't install any CC for your world unless it's in package form in the mods folder or After you finish the world. Maybe only a few if it's for the Map if it's Not CC installed through the launcher. Leave that for when you're finished.

Once you're down to the basic Store Stuff you Need, then go through all your lots in Game (not EIG) and redo them. You will have to replace every lot (get your lot count down to 100) and then add your clean lots.

The less Store stuff installed, the better EIG works. :)

*You can also removed it from the Exchange since people will download it but it won't run.

**Just to let you know, I can get your world to run in game without your lots so the problem is with your built lots.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Ok thank you
    I trued it with no custom content or store stuff. Nothing will load. I did take it down from the exchange, thank you for reminding me. But right now I’m just going through my world in caw and deleting all the latest lots and seeing if it’ll load in eig. Fingers crossed.