Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More non American worlds please.

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Yes!!!! We non-american simmers need some representation too.

Windenburg is nice, but not all Europeans are German, you know??
    I guess Forgotten Hollow is from somewhere in Europe as well. I don't know. Vampires weren't exactly AMERICAN folklore, hah.

I'm Norwegian. I'd love to see more Scandinavian-inspired towns personally. Other parts of the world would be cool too.

I didn't bother mentioning Forgotten Hollow because it's a Bela Lugosi Movie version of Hungary, basically. Unlike say Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow is what old black and white vampire movies thought Eastern Europe looks like.
    It's done on purpose, don't get me wrong, it's all part of the fun, but my point is that the Forgotten Hollow world is not even pretending to look like a real place.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

I would looove a world based on a coastal British town. Brighton, Weston-super-mare, Blackpool, Barmouth, etc
    There is something extremely enchanting about a gloomy decadent coastal British town.

Oh yes! This would be amazing and so relatable for many of us who live in the UK.

But what would be the best pack for it to come with?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Jenniferuk wrote: »
    > @simmer_jay said:
    > I'd love variety in locations as well! I would love like a Greek inspired world with beautiful coasts and the white and blue buildings like Santorini. Oh man take me back! I am OVER this cold weather :lol:

Have you seen Devon Bumpkin's Santorini in the gallery? It's amazing! He has a build video on YT too.

No! That sounds lovely! I’ll check it out, thanks!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Yes!!!! We non-american simmers need some representation too.

Windenburg is nice, but not all Europeans are German, you know??
    I guess Forgotten Hollow is from somewhere in Europe as well. I don't know. Vampires weren't exactly AMERICAN folklore, hah.

I'm Norwegian. I'd love to see more Scandinavian-inspired towns personally. Other parts of the world would be cool too.

I didn't bother mentioning Forgotten Hollow because it's a Bela Lugosi Movie version of Hungary, basically. Unlike say Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow is what old black and white vampire movies thought Eastern Europe looks like.
    It's done on purpose, don't get me wrong, it's all part of the fun, but my point is that the Forgotten Hollow world is not even pretending to look like a real place.

Okay, that's absolutely a fair point. FH is not american, but it's not based off anything real either.

Still one of my favorite worlds. It's rather pretty. Wish it had more lots.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    I hope they revisit Japan again in Sims 4 at some point. Would love to see Russia as well (they at some point made Mother Russia set for TS3) and something like Forgotten Hallow but bigger (or even Moonlight Falls which is one of my favorite worlds in Sims 3), maybe with witches pack.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I think it is simply based on resources, and after all, your sims can teleport from place to place without much effort, I think it is simply because the sims4 is based in an american world. And all the build items are based on american houses, at least a lot of build items in the base game are.
    I can also understand the difficulty for an american studio to make worlds not from their culture. I am trying to make sims and lots in my game that are from other countries, but it is super difficult if you are not from there or have not studied what people and their houses look like.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    Agreed. I'd like the devs to make an African-inspired world that takes after Nairobi or places in Botswana. Its the only continent they ignore every iteration. A Caribbean world would be nice too.
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    Well, to be fair they did their research on Europe to make Windenburg and that's what professionals are supposed to do anyway, especially in software development. No one says it's easy and they're getting paid for doing their job for this reason as well.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    An African world would be fun. An Asian world as well. A Scandinavia world or a Mediterranean one. Something that feels truly different. I would be pleased with a world covered in ice and snow, especially if it came with new skills and experiences.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    Please satisfy the builders with some new worlds. Who said that every new pack had to contain new "gaming" stuff? A new world and new build buy would do!
    Windenburg is lovely, for me it represents Germany. However, the world does not consist of Germany an the US.
    I would love to see:
    - The British iles: A Scottish, an Irish, a Cotswolds and a coastal themed neighbourhood. Scottland has the potential to satisfy some people who would love Scandinavian items. (Maybe some sheep with this wold - they are really small animals and easier to animate, as they are not meant for riding.)
    - Greece, finally a non-tropical island world! Santorini is one neighbourhood but do not forget the mainland. (Maybe some goats or sheep with Greece?)
    - Asia - some Japanese, some Chinese neighbourhoods.

Variations: If one wanted new gameplay one could use one of the European worlds to travel back in time. (We have had enough clichees concerning Asia)
    Britain: Medieval
    Greece: Ancient
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I would looove a world based on a coastal British town. Brighton, Weston-super-mare, Blackpool, Barmouth, etc
    There is something extremely enchanting about a gloomy decadent coastal British town.

Oh yes! This would be amazing and so relatable for many of us who live in the UK.

Good question! Maybe a game pack that comes with a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, and stuff like that?
    Or a pack with multiple worlds? Like a holiday expansion pack
    Or alternatively, a pack that introduces another supernatural into the game, what I always imagined when living in the UK: a zombie apocalypse scenario! I find the decadent moody atmosphere of said towns so much better for such a scenario than an average American town!
    I know the last one is a bit far fetched but it's been proven so far that with this game anything random can happen.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    logion wrote: »
    I think it is simply based on resources, and after all, your sims can teleport from place to place without much effort, I think it is simply because the sims4 is based in an american world. And all the build items are based on american houses, at least a lot of build items in the base game are.
    I can also understand the difficulty for an american studio to make worlds not from their culture. I am trying to make sims and lots in my game that are from other countries, but it is super difficult if you are not from there or have not studied what people and their houses look like.
    I believe there are several developers/gurus who are not American. Besides, the studios being American didn’t stop them from developing a French world, a Chinese world, an Egyptian world, an Italian world, Caribbean worlds, a Celtic world, and for Sims 4 a German world.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Good question! Maybe a game pack that comes with a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, and stuff like that?
    Or a pack with multiple worlds? Like a holiday expansion pack
    Or alternatively, a pack that introduces another supernatural into the game, what I always imagined when living in the UK: a zombie apocalypse scenario! I find the decadent moody atmosphere of said towns so much better for such a scenario than an average American town!
    I know the last one is a bit far fetched but it's been proven so far that with this game anything random can happen.

I don't like zombies personally so that wouldn't be my choice. However, if they put some foresty lots in the areas further away from the beach, it could fit a witch pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    As an American - I agree and would love to see a lot more countries represented in this game. I feel we really do have enough USA in the game and the Earth is a big planet - let our Sims live in some of the rest of this planet too - please.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• leavebellaaloneleavebellaalone Posts: 9 New Member
    I would like to see more variety as well. I really loved TS3 World Adventures because it had some variety in worlds, even though they were vacation destinations.
  • leavebellaaloneleavebellaalone Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Beardedgeek said:
    > annaliese39 wrote: »
    >
    > I was just thinking this myself. Don't get me wrong, American style worlds and builds are very nice, but I would like more variety. I'm from the UK so I would like to see something a little closer to home or worlds where non-American style builds won't look out of place. I often use Brindleton Bay for this reason as the lots tend to be quite isolated from each other.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nice touch for an UK based world would be if the background cars were driving on the left side :)

That would be a fantastic detail!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg already looks like Scotland (except the more German town centre, though I've been to towns in Scotland that look pretty close) so I feel satisfied on the home front, but I'd love to see...

- a mountainous world with premade lots taking advantage of terrain tools - imagine the Andes, we never see South America in the Sims! or something inspired by the Himalayas!
    - a world inspired by somewhere in Africa
    - rural/suburban Japan and/or China
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    About the only place missing is the American upper Midwest, but I don't expect them to do that correctly. The game itself is a parody of the real world locations, so I am not sure what they would attempt to do mimicking a location outside the US. A parody might be considered inappropriate. The company and guru live in the silicon valley, so I just assumed they make places they lived/visited.

I live in the midwest.Im not sure they can make a midwest world.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    About the only place missing is the American upper Midwest, but I don't expect them to do that correctly. The game itself is a parody of the real world locations, so I am not sure what they would attempt to do mimicking a location outside the US. A parody might be considered inappropriate. The company and guru live in the silicon valley, so I just assumed they make places they lived/visited.

Farming pack?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Farming pack?

Hmm maybe that could work.if they can give it small town,and rural fill.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    I would love to see a Scandinavian world. Aurora Skies was one of my favourite worlds in Sims 3 - waterfalls, colourful houses and aurora borealis. :) I miss that.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    I would love to see a Scandinavian world. Aurora Skies was one of my favourite worlds in Sims 3 - waterfalls, colourful houses and aurora borealis. :) I miss that.

Yes! I loved Hidden Springs too. So pretty.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes. Yes. And yes!

Places I'd love to see:

Cambodia....
    AtFBJne.jpg
    Vt1twSy.jpg

Malta....
    8DeLJyU.jpg
    Vh7Yxx8.jpg

And my premiere vacation destination....Maldives....

jw4hU2C.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love to see an Asian inspired world and an African world that isn't racist or stereotypical.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Why can’t they just do one of each? That should please everyone.

Actually, why don’t they just open it up so we can create our own worlds?