The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When can we buy Strangerville?

I go on Origin and it says the game is available now but I know it isn't coming out until next week. But there is no place to pre-order so do I just have to wait until the 26th and buy it online then? I suppose pre-ordering digital downloads isn't so important as in the "old days" when physical copies had to be set aside to ensure you could get your copy. Now there are infinite "supplies". It is just confusing.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    You have to wait till Tuesday. EPs are the only thing you can preorder.
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Thank you CLP...I was wondering the same and worried because I couldn't find where to purchase.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I thought I recalled having bought *everything* early on Sims 4. Strange, indeed...
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It’s Tuesday here in Australia. Is it out yet?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    It’s Tuesday here in Australia. Is it out yet?

Same in Germany. Nothing yet.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    It's Tuesday already where I live and I still can't pre-order..
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I thought GP's came out at 10am PST. It's still monday 3:17pm pst :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Here it is 6:20PM, Monday night, and in EST
    Oh hamburgers!
  • RikaraRikara Posts: 13 New Member
    half an hour into tuesday now, don't see a purchase option either
    was always able to buy/download right after midnight
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Rikara wrote: »
    half an hour into tuesday now, don't see a purchase option either
    was always able to buy/download right after midnight

I believe you have to wait until 10:00 AM PST. Right now it's still 3:30 PM on Monday there.

Here's a conversion chart for your time zone: https://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-CA.aspx
  • HoleybubushkaHoleybubushka Posts: 6 New Member
    It's annoying. It's Tuesday in Australia but the game isn't here! #gimme#
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    It's annoying. It's Tuesday in Australia but the game isn't here! #gimme#

You might have to wait until 10AM
    It's 10am in my timezone but to be fair I am at work and won't get home until the afternoon when it hopefully will be available to play. Super stoked for it
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2019
    It won’t come out in places like Australia until Wednesday morning. The pack won’t be out for another 18 hours.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    😭😭I’ll be around when it launches so I’ll have time to download it but won’t be able to play it till Thursday 😩😩
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's 10am in my timezone but to be fair I am at work and won't get home until the afternoon when it hopefully will be available to play. Super stoked for it

Yes, in *your* timezone, lol. It's 7PM on a Monday where I am. Your safest bet on any release date is to take wherever the company is into consideration when they announce release times.

A quick google search told me that the pack will become available for purchase on Origin starting at 9:30AM PT / 6:30PM CET / 5:30PM BT on the 26th. If neither of these are your timezone, find a converter online to see the exact time it'll be out for you.

But, yeah, it won't be out for another 16 hours or so.
    Thank you so much, albeit the "lol" is unfortunate and unkind. 😐 I'll use the converter in future.
  • RikaraRikara Posts: 13 New Member
    "Your safest bet on any release date is to take wherever the company is into consideration when they announce release times."

i'm in germany and i was always able to download sims right after midnight, they only released a date, so that date is when they should publish, if they want to do it on a specific time of that day in their timezone they should say so, so people can go and use a converter.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    That's true for Expansion Packs, but not for Gamepacks. Gamepacks always release at 19:00 in Germany.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Rikara wrote: »
    "Your safest bet on any release date is to take wherever the company is into consideration when they announce release times."

i'm in germany and i was always able to download sims right after midnight, they only released a date, so that date is when they should publish, if they want to do it on a specific time of that day in their timezone they should say so, so people can go and use a converter.

Midnight downloads happen only for expansion packs. Game packs and stuff packs release at 10am PST.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It will release at 10 AM California, USA time. From there, based on where you live, figure out the time it will release for you based on that.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It’s coming out at 4:30 AM in my country. At least y’all don’t have to stay awake if you want to get the pack immediately!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Jess09213Jess09213 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you buy it in store or is it only online??
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Only online I think.
    Jess09213 wrote: »
    Can you buy it in store or is it only online??